Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Jun 07 2014, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue nile View Post
Hi! I've done all that but it's still not working!

HI!

The only other thing I can think is try to reset your router/modem.

If this doesnt work, then you need to contact Support team (in my signature). Fill the ticket with as much details as possible and submit it. Be patient for an answer so that it could last from a few hours to a few weeks, depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.

LINKING YOUR FARM TO THE FORUM

SUPPORT TEAM

Granjera desde el 29 de Julio 2009
Old Aug 01 2014, 03:45 AM

Default farmtown lag

i've been playing this game for a long time, back when i had a crappy computer, figured farmtown was just laggy cause my computer was ancient, well since then i've built my own computer with a good graphics card, 8core processor and plenty of ram that i'll probably never use half of, but looking at the profiler, it shows 25fps on high/medium/low, this should really be looked into and made for a lot smoother graphics....
Old Aug 02 2014, 11:41 AM

Unhappy

Playing FT today is like trying to wade through treacle... its taking so long moving from farm to farm. each farm takes ages to load.
Have cleared memcache also cache and cookies etc on my computer... and it hasn't made any difference.
A lot of my friends are complaining about the same thing.
Old Aug 02 2014, 11:00 PM

Loading facilites takes so long with the "load all" functions that is is quicker to click each one individually. Been very slow with the "computing totals" message appearing for loooonngg time.
Old Aug 12 2014, 04:33 PM

Default Slow in all aspects

I am having major lagging issues. Harvesting/planting crops is taking longer than usual. Watering or fertilizing has lulls and takes time before the applications are completed. Lagging big time in storing, starting and loading in the facility manager. Just now had a lag time in trying to sell stuff at the market. I gave up! Just all around slow in doing applications. Cleaned my macro cache and chrome cache. Went to Firefox and farms would barely load. Is it me or is it Farmtown? I have a relatively new computer with Windows 8 and according to Kaspersky, no infections! It is running so slow I am wanting to just give up Farm Town, but I have been playing FT since day one! I just don't have the patience for the lag time. Going on now for 2 days. HELP PLEASE! PS, everything else on my computer is running fast as usual!
Old Aug 12 2014, 05:48 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennlup View Post
I am having major lagging issues. Harvesting/planting crops is taking longer than usual. Watering or fertilizing has lulls and takes time before the applications are completed. Lagging big time in storing, starting and loading in the facility manager. Just now had a lag time in trying to sell stuff at the market. I gave up! Just all around slow in doing applications. Cleaned my macro cache and chrome cache. Went to Firefox and farms would barely load. Is it me or is it Farmtown? I have a relatively new computer with Windows 8 and according to Kaspersky, no infections! It is running so slow I am wanting to just give up Farm Town, but I have been playing FT since day one! I just don't have the patience for the lag time. Going on now for 2 days. HELP PLEASE! PS, everything else on my computer is running fast as usual!
Hi Kennlup. Please check the suggestions in the first post of this thread. Also try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close it and your farm, then clear your browser cache and close your browser. Reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Aug 19 2014, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennlup View Post
My trouble started Sunday when I first logged into FT. It's taking forever to load between farms and even longer to work friends facilities. I keep getting "saving FT data". I did memcache, browser clearing, cleared mac files, restarted my router, and uninstalled and reinstalled Google Chrome, nothing helps. I am on WF36, Google Chrome
Old Aug 19 2014, 06:17 PM

It looks like you have followed all the procedures that should help you to have a better environment in Farm Town. But, there is another factor. your computer's configuration. By that I mean its CPU (how many cores does it have?), RAM, Virtual RAM, HDD size and speed, etc. If you have a "Gamer" computer you would most likely not be having these problems, but like me, you most likely don't have one. My computer has 2 HHDs, one which is used mainly for programs and the other is used for data and Virtual RAM (memory). The first is 1 terabyte and the other is half of that. As for other components:
CPU > Intel Core i5-3570 running at 3.40GHz, 4 cores, 4 Logical Processors. RAM is 16 MB and total virtual memory is about 31.8 GB. Also, I am running Windows 7 Ultimate vers 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1. If you are running Windows 7 you probably have the same vers.
Old Aug 20 2014, 09:53 AM

High spec computers do help in ALL Flashplayer based games, but ther is a lag since last update, more noticable to me from around 12:00 BST (British summer time) and gets worse to around 15:00 BST where it seems to peak and remain the rest of the day.
While this lag does not prevent me from playing, it does delay highlighting trees when I harvest them, it is less than a second delay but it is not there before 12:00 BST.
This leads me to believe it is server traffic due to the game being so popular, as the delay time would be approximately when America wakes up and starts going online.
(America is 5-8 hours behind BST here in England)
Old Aug 20 2014, 09:13 PM

Now that you have mentioned that you are playing near "peak" hours, you have answered your own question. Your computer config is very close to mine. I do not seem to have the same problems though. My educated guess is that it has to do with your IP. Have you tried running a test of your "real-time" upload/download" speeds? There are sites that will do this for you. Over the pond where you are I think that this site would do the trick: (unauthorized outside link removed)
And as for your statement about the time differential, we are 8 hours behind you (MST-Mountain Standard Time - in Tucson, Arizona we don't fiddle with out clocks). Just FYI.

Last edited by Taz D; Aug 20 2014 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Unauthorized link removed

Tags
adobe flash plugin crash, farmtown too slow, flash player, shockwave, shockwave plug-in, slow, slow game