Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Jun 22 2021, 08:47 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMatthew KC View Post
I am having the exact same issue. It just started NOW 3:10 AM forum time. Even if I click SLOWLY, taking about 10 seconds before the next click, I still have to go back and get additional fish. It was NOT like this before. I have fished it nightly for months and I never had to go back. I recognized tonight the bonuses were wrong. I have them memorized, almost. I did make a video. I don't know if it's allowed to link here, but I will post the link. I have had no other tabs or browsers open when this happened. Using Chrome (latest version) on Windows 10 Pro.
Hi SirMatthew KC,

The reply you quoted was marmarcel responding to a member who was fishing as a super neighbour. Are you fishing as an SN and getting the bonus chest you mention?

Could the farm owner or another SN for the farmer have done some of the fishing but not all of it at some point, perhaps for a quest step? That would cause the some of the waters not to be all ready at the same time or some of the fish to have been already removed from some of the waters. Could they have altered or added anything on those farms that could be causing a you a slow down?

If you are having to return to the farm and see more fishing to be done then that could explain the difference in the bonus chest amounts as they weren't all ready when you first did them. Did you check if there were any pending saves to finish saving before you left the farm the first time?

If the farm is wall to wall fishing or a considerable amount overlapped, its not always going to be easy to spot when some of them may not be ready. If it was an entire section that was not ready than that would be easy to spot as that section won't show up to fish, but if it's only some of the waters scattered amongst all the overlapped waters those are harder to notice when they are not showing up to fish.

I have tested wall to wall fishing on a lot of 50x50 size farms and am not experiencing the 10 second slowdown you describe. I was able to complete all the fishing on each farm very quickly even when there was the odd stubborn water left behind. I also returned to all of the farms to make sure none were showing up to fish again.

Other than clearing memcache, what else have you tried to resolve this yourself?

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Jun 22 2021, 08:31 PM

Oh, sorry, NOT as SN but as hired help. I did clear my memcache but it was still doing it. Here is the video.

The farmer did not do any fishing that day. You can see on my video link (though the audio didn't work, for some reason) that I fish both fast AND slow and it STILL leaves ones behind. It did NOT do this a few days ago. I've done this fishing job for months. I'm hearing from others in a FT group on Facebook that they are having this same issue.

Last edited by Taz D; Jun 22 2021 at 08:41 PM. Reason: Outside link video removed. Not allowed.
Old Jun 23 2021, 07:46 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMatthew KC View Post
Oh, sorry, NOT as SN but as hired help. I did clear my memcache but it was still doing it. Here is the video.

The farmer did not do any fishing that day. You can see on my video link (though the audio didn't work, for some reason) that I fish both fast AND slow and it STILL leaves ones behind. It did NOT do this a few days ago. I've done this fishing job for months. I'm hearing from others in a FT group on Facebook that they are having this same issue.
Hi SirMatthew KC,

I've taken a look at the video you supplied. The link has been removed for it as we don't allow them on the forum. Sorry about that, that rule had been in place a very long time. This does not mean that the mods or devs can't view if they needed to until you remove the video from where it it currently is.

I apologize for the long reply but I can see several problems you are having in your video so I can't give you a short answer as it raised too many questions.

As the bottom of the game screen is cut off in your video I'm not sure how well this is going to go so you can answer what I'm asking of you, but I will try.

In the video, when you had to return to Farm 4 and more waters showed up to fish one lake remained behind which you had to click again. It's easier to spot at time stamp 1:07 when you are on farm 5 where there are 2 lakes that immediately show up again, then on Farm 6 I am not sure if you got the same problem with one sea coast showing back up again as the bottom of the screen is cut of. By the time you get to farm 7 your fishing has slowed way down but that time the fishing did get completed. When you do Farm 8 you can see at time stamp 3:31 a sea coast is left behind again.

So here are the questions, answer what you can please:
  • Issue 1 - Slowdown.
    The slow down you are getting appears to happen after you switch from doing wall to wall lakes to a farm with wall to wall seacoasts. Does that happen every time?

Does the same thing happen if you skip the farms with sea coasts on and carry on with the ones that just have lakes on them?

If you don't get a slow down just doing lakes, then try a farm with the seacoasts on and see if you immediately get slowed down again.

We're trying to eliminate whether it's the amount of farms you are fishing that is causing the slow down, the type of waters that causes the slow down or that it's going from fishing one type of waters then switching to different types of waters that's doing it.

• Issue 2 - having to redo the fishing.
    Where you are having to redo the fishing after claiming the bonus, there is a lake or seacoast left behind. Slow down your fishing and see if that lake pops up just before you claim your bonus, If it does fish it before you claim your bonus and see if that prevents you having to redo the fishing on that farm and the rest of the other waters showing up to fish again.

On Farm 7 when your game slowed down, you didn't get that odd water show up again and so the fishing did get completed that time. You can see the sea coast that does pop up again on Farm 8 but then your video ends so I'm not sure what happened next with that one, if you saw it and fished it and then didn't have to redo the fishing on that farm again.

What we are trying to do here is find what is causing the fishing to have to be redone. It may be the odd water showing up that's doing it and that may be down to the method used to overlap the waters and can be accidental layering rather than intending to do that. The reason I say that is that looking at what's happening to you, they might have managed to place a water in the exact same spot as another one rather than it being overlapped like the rest of them and if that is the case then you would have to fish it again to get the one underneath.

So the main problem with this issue is that is that when you are going fast the waters are showing fished when they are not and triggering the bonus collection when it shouldn't be.

If any of what I am asking you to do is too difficult to do then then you'll need to go to support and allow them to try your account and those farms and see if they get the same problems you are so they can try and pin down what's causing the problems you are getting.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Jun 24 2021, 11:19 AM

Default Bait for sea and fresh water

Used the bait for freshwater and sea and left the game. Came back and no bait in any of the waters.
Old Jun 24 2021, 11:23 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by njhaddock1 View Post
Used the bait for freshwater and sea and left the game. Came back and no bait in any of the waters.
Hi Njhaddock,
I moved your post to the subject thread about fishing and bait.
I am not sure what you are asking about. If you used your bait then why would you expect to get more back just from closing and reopening the game?
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jun 24 2021, 11:30 AM

Default Fishing & Bait

When I put bait into the sea or lakes then no fishing is done, the bait disappears if I log out and log back in.
Old Jun 24 2021, 11:36 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by njhaddock1 View Post
When I put bait into the sea or lakes then no fishing is done, the bait disappears if I log out and log back in.
Hi njhaddock,
How are you putting bait into the waters. The only way you could get bait, since you do not have any fish farming plants to produce them, is from gifts.
You only have 6 neighbors so not very many to give you bait gifts.
Are you hiring someone to fish your waters or is your super neighbor fishing them for you, possiblky while you are not on your farms?
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jul 14 2021, 07:19 PM

probably a stupid question but cannot find an answer is 200M of each fish the max we can have stored? Thanks
Old Jul 14 2021, 07:22 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexm2012 View Post
probably a stupid question but cannot find an answer is 200M of each fish the max we can have stored? Thanks
Hi Alexm,
Yes, 200 million is the most you can have stored of anything in the storage.
Old Jul 15 2021, 09:55 PM

there seems to be a new limit on how many of each individual fish we can keep in storage .... i can not find any info on this, can you provide or point me to where it is ....

Tags
bait, can't fish, fish, fishing, fishing boat, fishing rod, freshwater bait, lake, pond, sea coast, seawater bait, stored bait, turbo boat, waters