Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Mar 19 2013, 11:16 AM

Default sometimes there are a lot ofpeople opther times mornings when there is almost no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by ady0914 View Post
wow your markets must be way more populated than mine! i am lucky to find one worker, it would take all day to round up 3-4 workers,lol. i never hire more than one for my jobs and just hope they pay attention to the fact that more than one farm is checked ...and of course i never hire picky workers at all...if they arent willing to do every task that needs doing, then let them stand around doing nothing. i spent all my farm cash on things other than tools, like 2 fertilizer trucks, bait farm, sprinklers to make it more profitable for workers who hire out to me, i grouped all my trees and flowers for tool use just for them, and bought extra barns for all the animals so none run free, caz workers complained that it slowed down their game, deleted the stacked plowing caz they complained about that...in short am getting just a bit peeved that so many workers seem to have the notion that they control my farm...the latest complaint seems to be that i have trees over plowed ground or buildings on plowed ground...come on, thats what the wrench icon is for...hide them if they are in the way!
anyway what i would like to see is a notice on the hire invitation that says 7 farms or 14 farms (however many is checked off) so they dont do one farm and leave.
Mornings in Europe there is almost no one to hire in the market place and often you have to do things your self. Afternoons & evenings there are more but often you ghave to refresh or reload the page in order to find workers.
Old Mar 19 2013, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ady0914 View Post
wow your markets must be way more populated than mine! i am lucky to find one worker, it would take all day to round up 3-4 workers,lol. i never hire more than one for my jobs and just hope they pay attention to the fact that more than one farm is checked ...and of course i never hire picky workers at all...if they arent willing to do every task that needs doing, then let them stand around doing nothing. i spent all my farm cash on things other than tools, like 2 fertilizer trucks, bait farm, sprinklers to make it more profitable for workers who hire out to me, i grouped all my trees and flowers for tool use just for them, and bought extra barns for all the animals so none run free, caz workers complained that it slowed down their game, deleted the stacked plowing caz they complained about that...in short am getting just a bit peeved that so many workers seem to have the notion that they control my farm...the latest complaint seems to be that i have trees over plowed ground or buildings on plowed ground...come on, thats what the wrench icon is for...hide them if they are in the way!
anyway what i would like to see is a notice on the hire invitation that says 7 farms or 14 farms (however many is checked off) so they dont do one farm and leave.
This is kind of hard of some players to have to be able to do it all. I myself have the shaker and chopper, so that is all I ever offer to do in the marketplace. I can't afford all the big tools and wouldn't have time to do all the harvesting and plowing people need done. Some people are just being nice taking the fishing and chopping jobs, etc... and leaving the harvesting and plowing to players who have the tools for such.

I can't even remember getting a complaint on my farms. I did ask someone once and they said that one of my farms was hard to load, and there was just trees and buildings on that farm, no stacking etc and it was 24 by 24 in size. I did move some buildings, but that was my choice.

I hire people for what they want to do. I tell them in advance, i.e, anyone want layered rice? I have had people without tools take jobs like that and finish the work. I have offered to shake trees only and had people hire me to harvest crops and shake on LOTS of farms. The worker is not always at fault. I do send them a message and let them know I do not have the time to harvest crops on multiple farms. I rarely work on peoples farms. You offer to do a job and they try to hire you for jobs you can't do cause you don't have the tools and you have no idea when you are taking the job if you are being hired to harvest a little, something I could handle, or harvest crops on all of their farms. I think anyone is worthy of a job even if they can't "do it all". Not all of us can put that kind of money into this game. Some of us opt to uses our farmcash for loaders or other items and some of us started the game way before facilities and tools and blew some of our valued farmcash on items we wish we hadn't and wouldn't of had we known what was coming.
Old Mar 19 2013, 11:45 AM
Account Not Linked

I think our needs from workers depends on our goals. My goal is to get the farmwork done.

For my farms that are flowers only, I look for someon who specifies they want flowers. For ones that are trees only, I prefer to hire people who says they want trees. That way they are getting what they want. And they are more likely to finish all the job, which is what I want. It is win - win.

For other farms which have a variety of jobs, the non-picky workers are great. I assume they are willing to do lots of jobs.

If the farm is stacked with lots of stuff, I realize that I may have to do my own harvestng. I made it complicated, so I am willing to deal with it.

I don't hire people to do a large number of fams. I know everyone has a limited time to play the game. If I hire them to do too much, they will quit and I won't achieve my goal of getting the work done.
Old Mar 19 2013, 02:02 PM

unsure if this is even in the right spot but that "sally" chick(?) is annoying with constant posting in the marketplace in regard to that e farmer tool you can't ignore or report. It seems like "sally" left for a bit but she'ssssssssssss baaaaaaack.. Just annoying is all.
Old Mar 19 2013, 02:31 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyshoes View Post
unsure if this is even in the right spot but that "sally" chick(?) is annoying with constant posting in the marketplace in regard to that e farmer tool you can't ignore or report. It seems like "sally" left for a bit but she'ssssssssssss baaaaaaack.. Just annoying is all.
They have tried to find and get rid of that one, but have not been successful yet as far as I know.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 19 2013, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyshoes View Post
Hi, just to clarify this a bit , what that company does is Spam with a whole host of Avatars with the same name and message. All players can do is keep trying to click on them and report them. The developers are aware of them and have tried a few things to stop them.
Old Mar 19 2013, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony D View Post
Hi, just to clarify this a bit , what that company does is Spam with a whole host of Avatars with the same name and message. All players can do is keep trying to click on them and report them. The developers are aware of them and have tried a few things to stop them.
Thanks Tony & Taz. I've tried to ignore and report...almost as if they have an internal way to stop that...or it seems...
Old Mar 23 2013, 07:53 AM

I think the hiring process is probably the most time consuming part of the game for me. Finding someone willing to do trees, etc. is sometimes nearly impossible. If they could come up with a way to match employer with employee better, it would really help.
Old Mar 23 2013, 11:12 AM
Account Not Linked

Send a message via AIM to sread32 Send a message via Yahoo to sread32 Send a message via Skype™ to sread32
Default Willing to chop trees

I'm willing to chop any kind of trees if you want we can figure out how to schedule a meeting at the marketplace. I have over 250,000 fuel and need to get rid of it. Large or small farms is great. The more farms I do the better it is.
Old Mar 23 2013, 05:40 PM

I have a different type of question about hiring for someone to answer. I am at the highest level and sometimes will go into the work area to get some work. My comment is for the multi-hire farmers. I get hired, for example, to work a farm. I get to the farm and there are other farmers. I don't have a problem with that at all. Because I am at a higher level and want to see other lower level farmers get leveled up as well, I try to let them do the harvesting as much as possible. I popped into this forum because I'm have a little issue and was looking for a thread and saw this one. I never want to make the owner of the farm mad or anything, but for me it's to help the other employees and not make the owner of the farm upset. Question though, when hiring multiple people, how does the bonus come into play? Does all the farmers get it, or no one? My biggest issue as the "employer" is that people will come in and do half a job and leave. I go in to plant and the job is not done. I personally have spent 4 hours on a farm on one occasion just to finish a job I was hired for. I have gotten to the point that I don't even bother hiring people anymore.