Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Sep 23 2020, 02:12 AM

Default I am not receiving any gifts

I am not receiving any gifts. sending works fine but i have not received any for over 2 weeks. friends have informed me that they have been sending.
Old Sep 23 2020, 05:23 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer Pete71 View Post
I am not receiving any gifts. sending works fine but i have not received any for over 2 weeks. friends have informed me that they have been sending.
Hi Farmer Pete,

Go to your Facebook Settings and click on Blocking in the left side.
Scroll down the page and make sure that under Block App Invites that you have no friends showing up there that normally send you a gift. If there are any showing there, that shouldn't be you need to unblock them to recieve their gifts again.

If that is not the problem, you may have stuck requests holding up the new ones from showing in My Requests so please do the following:
  • Check My Requests still has no gifts.

• Load your game, open the Train Manager and boost any trains showing.

• Then go to the Facebook Activity page by clicking on this link https://www.facebook.com/games/activity and see if you have any Farm Town requests there. Do NOT try to accept them or boost any trains showing. You don't get gifts for stuck requests, they are ones already accepted at a previous time, if you try to accept them they won't clear and will remain stuck.

• If you see any requests there, click the Ignore All top right of the requests to ignore up to the first 100 requests. You can try ignoring less than 100 if you wish, by clicking the X on each one to clear them out. For stuck gifts we recommend you clear at least the first 50 requests showing.

Example of where the Ignore All is:

• Then go back to My Requests and see if you have any gifts showing up.

If there is not, you need to go back to the Facebook Activity page and clear out more requests that are showing.

That section of Facebook can only show you up to 100 requests at a time so if clearing the 1st 100 doesn't resolve your problem or it comes back again, you will have to go back to that area more than once to clear more of them out and you may end up having to clear all of them out, so it's entirely up top you if you just want to keep returning to that area and keep clearing the whole lot out so you can start over with new gifts.
Old Sep 24 2020, 07:10 AM

Default Selecting FRIENDS EXCEPT not working

When attempting to send FT requests to all friends except some of them who don't play, I cannot select friends to exclude. The screen just waits with the spinning circle.
Old Sep 24 2020, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasus_III View Post
When attempting to send FT requests to all friends except some of them who don't play, I cannot select friends to exclude. The screen just waits with the spinning circle.

Hi Pegasus_III

I moved your post to the thread about Gifting as I think those are the requests you are trying to send.

Friends lists come from Facebook and if you have too many friends who play then Facebook will not transfer the information at all or can transfer a certain amount.

Maybe you should check if all of them still play and then delete as neighbors and Facebook friends the ones who stopped playing.
Old Sep 24 2020, 09:47 AM

Thanks Mary. I figured it was a FB thing. I was trying to exclude non-playing FB friends from my posts from FT. Thank you for all you do!!
Old Sep 24 2020, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasus_III View Post
Thanks Mary. I figured it was a FB thing. I was trying to exclude non-playing FB friends from my posts from FT. Thank you for all you do!!
You are very welcome Pegasus
Old Sep 25 2020, 06:45 AM

Thank You Tiger, stuck requests it was. all good now
Old Sep 25 2020, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer Pete71 View Post
Thank You Tiger, stuck requests it was. all good now
OK Farmer Pete, thank you very much for coming back to let us know, much appreciated.
Old Sep 26 2020, 07:19 AM

I'm having problems with gifts and trains. It shows I have 50 gifts but when I go there I only get 7 to 8 gifts and the trains all say they have expired.
Also I don't get notice when my trains are ready to unload.
Old Sep 26 2020, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by girliefay View Post
I'm having problems with gifts and trains. It shows I have 50 gifts but when I go there I only get 7 to 8 gifts and the trains all say they have expired.
Also I don't get notice when my trains are ready to unload.
Hi giriefay,

I have moved your post to the thread about gifting as that is your first issue.

It's sounding like you have stuck requests stopping new requests from showing up, what I am going to ask you do do may also resolve your issue with the trains expire message as those may be due to stuck requests as well but could also just
be ones where someone has sent too many boost requests out and those sometimes don't clear from My Requests so you would get an expired message or if they are very old train requests that haven't cleared from that area those would also show expired.

If you haven't already tried clearing your memcache today please do so. If you have already run it there is no need to run it again. In case you need the instructions:

To clear your FT memcache Click Here. A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another window. Then reload

When you have done that please do the following to clear out stuck requests:
  • Go to My Requests and accept any new gifts until none are showing again.

• Load your game, open the Train Manager and boost any trains showing.

• Then go to the Facebook Activity page by clicking on this link https://www.facebook.com/games/activity and see if you have any Farm Town requests there. Do NOT try to accept them or boost any trains showing. You don't get gifts for stuck requests, they are ones already accepted at a previous time, if you try to accept them they won't clear and will remain stuck.

• If you see any requests there, click the Ignore All top right of the requests to ignore up to the first 100 requests. You can try ignoring less than 100 if you wish, by clicking the X on each one to clear them out. For stuck gifts we recommend you clear at least the first 50 requests showing.

Example of where the Ignore All is:

• Then go back to My Requests and see if you have any gifts showing up.

If there is not, you need to go back to the Facebook Activity page and clear out more requests that are showing.

That section of Facebook can only show you up to 100 requests at a time so if clearing the 1st 100 doesn't resolve your problem or it comes back again, you will have to go back to that area more than once to clear more of them out and you may end up having to clear all of them out, so it's entirely up top you if you just want to keep returning to that area and keep clearing the whole lot out so you can start over with new gifts.

Tags
can't accept gifts, can't exchange, can't receive gifts, can't send gifts, exchange gifts, gift, gift box, gift limit, gifting, gifts, how many gifts, missing gifts, no gifts, not able to receive gifts, receive gifts, receiving gifts, return gifts, send gifts, shrinking window, stuck gifts, window narrows