Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Feb 14 2015, 01:45 AM

Default New Release -- February 14th, 2015

See Known Issues, More Information and Post Release Updates at the end of this post. Last updates released on March 7th, 1:30AM EST.

Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following features and bug fixes: En Español AQUI

1. Valentine Items released 3 weeks ago

2. New Decorations: 2 different types of elevated train bridges, Concrete Train Bridge and Wooden Train Bridge. A new smaller Icy Mountain. The big Glacier and the Roof Snow Patches are back in the winter category.

3. Send Gift Page Update: Old gifts that were decoration only were moved to the Store, this includes all Farming People, 3 Tuscan Trees, the Rooster and the Gray Rabbit.

4. Next 5 expansions for Farm 25: See prices below:

24x24 - 9000000000 coins or 25 FarmCash
26x26 - 9500000000 coins or 25 FarmCash
28x28 - 10000000000 coins or 25 FarmCash
30x30 - 10500000000 coins or 25 FarmCash
32x32 - 11000000000 coins or 30 FarmCash

5. Show Tools and Facilities Preferences: You can now hide all the Tools in your farm. You can also hide all the Buildings and Facilities separate, meaning you can hide all the decorative Buildings without hiding your Facilities.

6. Open a facility from inside the Quest Manager: When there is a quest step that requires to complete a product in a facility, you can now open that facility clicking the 'Open' button and start your productions without having to close the Quest Manager.

7. Transplanter 4x4 and 8x8: This is a new tool to move trees and flowers in bulk, it works similar to the Edit Hands but moving multiple plants at once. When selected you can choose any of the following options:

a) Move specific flowers or trees: If you put your mouse over a Red Rose, only Red Roses inside the tool area will be moved

b) Move all flowers or trees: If you put your mouse over a Red Rose, all flowers inside the tool area will be moved. If you put your mouse over a Pine Tree, all trees inside the tool area will be moved. It doesn't matter which specific flower or tree was selected.

c) Move all flowers and trees: If you put your mouse over a Red Rose, all flowers and trees inside the tool area will be moved. It doesn't matter if you selected a flower or a tree.

Note: Currently the Transplanter only implement option c), so there is no menu and no extra clicks when you select the tool, however we plan to release option a) and b) on the next release. It will be an extra click every time you select the tool, but we think the extra value the tool will provide will be worth it, please let us know if you think this is not the case.

To buy Transplanters you also have to own the equivalent Planters. For example, to buy the Transplanter 8 x 8 you need to own the Transplanter 4 x 4 and the Planter 8 x 8, similar to the way combines work.

8. Other Improvements (some launched a while ago):

- Improved backend operations so players experience less timeouts and slowness with servers during and after new releases.
- Added a link to the 'Facebook Game Cards' help page in the 'Buy Cash' tab for those who want to use Game Cards in our game
- Bug Fix: The top Quest Info icon now reflects accurate information without requiring you to open the Quest Managers first.
- Bug Fix: When purchasing products from others in Cooperative Quests, the products were not reflected immediately in the harvest storage, a reload of the game was required.
- Bug Fix: This one has been going on for a while, but we have now confirmed that the 'Store All' operation is not generating anymore XLINK or Timeout errors.
- Bug Fix: Users opening multiple facilities manually in the same session were experiencing a gradual increase in slowness
- Bug Fix: In the Quest Manager, occasionally a 'Check again in a minute' message was incorrectly shown when clicking on the 'Claim FarmCash' button and more than 7 days have passed from the last collection
- Bug Fix: The 'Buy Cash' and 'Earn Cash' tabs were hidden for French users in most browsers.
- Bug Fix: Sometimes recently completed quests did not appear on the quest chart

9. Ice Rink Supplies Factory (FC): Produces Ice Rink Supplies.

Figure Skates
Skate Guards
Hockey Stick
Hockey Goal
Ice Resurfacer
Snow Pusher
Refrigeration Pipes
Spray Boom

10. Pet Accessories Factory (Coins): Produces Pet Accessories.

Cat Bowl
Cat Bed
Dog Apparel
Dog Toy
Pet Lint Roller
Aquarium Decor
Bird Cage
Edible Shack

All these products can be used to stock the Pet Shop that was already in the game.

11. Reading Accessories Factory (Coins): Produces Reading Accessories.

Tablet Holder
Page Nibs
Reading Magnifier
Cookbook Holder
Book Weight
Book Ends
Reading Support Pillow
Reading Pen

On the next release you will be able to Load these products on the Bookstore and likely a Library (new).

12. Ice Rink (FC): Provides Ice Skate and Winter Sports Services and can be stocked with products from the Ice Rink Supplies Factory.

Enjoy!

--Raul

Post Release Updates - February 17th, 3:30AM EST

- The tooltip containing the facility name is now showing again on the Regular and Cooperative quests steps. On the next release the Open button will be shown on the last step of the Coop quests as well.
- The 'Open' button now works on products requiring the Oil Pump and the Semi Trailer Truck
- If a quest step requires flour, it will show whatever Windmill you own on the quest step, for example, if you only own Stone Windmills, it will show the Stone Windmill image on the step and will open the Stone Windmill when you click the open button.
- The message "Updating Facility Ownership" should not show when you are opening your neighbours quest managers.

Post Release Info - February 19th, 2:20AM EST

- Released the Reading Accessories Factory
- Released the Transplanters 4x4 and 8x8. Please see the post above for additional details.

Post Release Info - February 19th, 4:00PM EST

- Valentine items are back so you can keep using them for this month Valentine contest.

Post Release Info - February 24th, 3:40PM EST

- We just released a workaround for the facebook change that broke the 'Show FarmTown Wall Requests' link, however we are not sure yet if this will be the final workaround, as some people may see fewer post than before.

Post Release Info - March 2nd, 4:10PM EST

- Removed the "Multi" button from flowers in the Harvest Storage window, this button was never supposed to appear on that window, otherwise the new planted flowers would have cost nothing. This feature is only intended for the Store, Item Storage and Gift Box.
- Released 7 new St Patricks items and last year St Patricks and Easter items. Sometime next week we will be releasing new Easter items.

Post Release Info - March 7th, 1:30AM EST

- Bug Fix: You can now send back St. Patricks Wreath as gift to your friends
- 14 new Easter items, 2 in the gift page and 12 in the Store

Known Issues

- None

Last edited by Raul; Mar 07 2015 at 12:47 AM.
Old Feb 14 2015, 01:47 AM

thanks for the update cant wait to read about them
Old Feb 14 2015, 01:50 AM

yippee yahoo . . . . can't wait to see it roll out!
Old Feb 14 2015, 01:56 AM

I am so excited, nice Valentines gift can't wait to see what it all is!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Old Feb 14 2015, 02:01 AM

The link to the facility in the Quest box is a fantastic time saver. Thank you!!!
Old Feb 14 2015, 02:02 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Thank you for the update! No problems to report so far. Love the pet accessories factory also. I'm off to plant Birch Trees.

DB:W20, MPS:C20

Last edited by WillowTreeFarm; Feb 14 2015 at 02:11 AM.
Old Feb 14 2015, 02:08 AM
Account Not Linked

Loving that quest step facilities open direct from quest manager and the new pet accessories factory
Thank You
Old Feb 14 2015, 02:57 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

just noticed that since this update, the last step in co-op quests is not showing the name of the facility.. it used to...when hovering over it with the cursor.. it is still working for the brown quests, must just be a glitch which I am sure the devs will sort out soon for us,

Thank you devs, just logged on this morning, I had to find the final facilities in 2 quests I had waiting for the final step to be started by opening my facility manager and scrolling, (good thing I could remember what they actually were, lol) and once the item was started, the name of that facility has suddenly appeared on the quest. Then the new quest I opened this morning is working correctly with the name of the final step facility appearing, Thank You, I knew you would fix things.. xx

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20

Last edited by Aussie Rae; Feb 14 2015 at 01:47 PM.
Old Feb 14 2015, 03:01 AM

Wow, you sneaked this update in, thanks !

Just one problem I noticed, the drop down thingy with the spanner, I can't hide the buildings, even though I unclicked it, thought you'd like to know.
Old Feb 14 2015, 03:13 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by peekachoo View Post
Wow, you sneaked this update in, thanks !

Just one problem I noticed, the drop down thingy with the spanner, I can't hide the buildings, even though I unclicked it, thought you'd like to know.

I thought same thing but then realized menu changed - now got buildings and facilities
Closed Thread