Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jan 01 2021, 09:23 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandgar View Post
I have been unable to get to the new version as yet. I get the black screen with the box on it and the filler line, then it goes to white screen with farm town across it....and then it goes to a grey screen with a sad face on it. The last time I tried to get in a window came up and it was an embedded page from slash key at slashkeycom says an error occurred running the unity content on the page. See your Java script console for more information. abort at 298.....I checked my Java and I am running Version 8, update 251.
Hi Sandgar,
Please try clearing your browser cache, close and reopen your browser and try again. It may not have downloaded everything correctly.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 01 2021, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Rhonda,
What do you have your zoom set at for the tab/page? It sounds like you have it set too high?
Thanks! I'm surprised I didn't think of this obvious solution myself (I was just zooming in and out on the game, and not on the whole browser window.) Yes, fixing my zoom complete fixed this issue!
Old Jan 01 2021, 09:40 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Everything (stats etc) at the top of the new farm are way too small for us old people to read.
Old Jan 01 2021, 09:42 PM

I caught another item missing in HTLM5 version. When I hover my cursor over the boxes showing all farms it doesn't show farm size along with irrigation / fertilize status.
Old Jan 01 2021, 09:46 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkendter View Post
I caught another item missing in HTLM5 version. When I hover my cursor over the boxes showing all farms it doesn't show farm size along with irrigation / fertilize status.
Hi lkendter,
There are a lot of things that are missing as they have not been added in yet. The developers will be working to add all the parts of the game that are missing in this version from the Flash version over the next several weeks. Please be patient while they work on adding the rest of the game in to the HTML version.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.

Last edited by Taz D; Jan 01 2021 at 09:59 PM.
Old Jan 01 2021, 09:47 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevet160 View Post
Everything (stats etc) at the top of the new farm are way too small for us old people to read.
Hi Stevet,
This is being looked at by the developers to make things easier to read.
Old Jan 01 2021, 10:09 PM
Acclaimed Farmer ( Level 25 )

Farmer Since: Jun 11 2010
Level:
Trophies: 7
XP:

With chrome 51, the HTML5/unity version won't load because it says my browser doesn't support WebAssembly (So clearly, it's not plain html5/unity)

And all a get is a green screen with edge 84.

Also, the font size is just fine with the new build.

Visit Farm X

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jan 01 2021, 10:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by needforsuv View Post
With chrome 51, the HTML5/unity version won't load because it says my browser doesn't support WebAssembly (So clearly, it's not plain html5/unity)

And all a get is a green screen with edge 84.
Hi needfor suv,
What you get when you click is just HTML. Unity is only the assembler they have used to create the HTML5 code.
You need to update your Chrome as the latest version is at least Chrome Version 86.0.4240.75 or beyond. I do not use Chrome, but know that it is at least up to that version.

Edge is up to version 87. As you are getting the green screen then it is at least partially loading. Please try clearing that browser's cache and then try loading it again.

When you first load the game it will be slow getting loaded as it has to download all of the graphics for the game to the browser cache.
Old Jan 01 2021, 10:24 PM

Hi Taz, thank you for your reply. When I went to clear my browsing, you had to pick a time. The choices were 24 hrs/7days/4 weeks/all time. I wasn't sure what to pick, so I picked the 24 hrs. and that didn't work. Is browsing data the same as browsing cache? Do you know which one of those choices I should pick?
Old Jan 01 2021, 10:26 PM

Default new version

DOn't see the thread I wrote and got reply. In reply to you, I have no layers, don't know what they are so that isn't what is causing the game to be so slow. Is this what I can expect when the flash player is gone, a very slow moving game? I will just stop playing if that is the case. I don't even have many farms (13). I see many players with triple that number. I have a pretty new computer system and flash worked fine until the migration began. Now playing with flash for the past month, the screen freezes a lot and I've been kicked off a few times.
Closed Thread

Tags
black screen, web gl