Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Nov 28 2009, 11:45 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashiell View Post
I am one who received the new land offer....but I fail to understand the attraction. It is not more land for your current farm. It is an offer to buy a second farm. I already have six farms...for free....and can add as many as I want. Why would I pay for a 'second' farm whether in coins or farmcash??
Totally agree with this one. I want to expand on my current farm.
Old Nov 28 2009, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch0769 View Post
nah i dont...the graphics here are better, but its obvious they are do something right over there.... things need to be implemented better here...

P.S. your hawkeyes are garbarge

Not at all obvious if you read the farmville forums.

There are many complaints there about the small farm size. The farms are smaller then farmtown, and there is no remove space between plots option which makes them even smaller.

As I remember, all crops under 1 day are only 1 experience point in farmville. They finally have storage but it is very limited unless you use the farmville dollars to purchase it. There are the usual complaints on lost experience, lost items, not being able to get into the game, lost gifts etc.

Between the two, farm town has better game play, and more options, and doesn't have as high of requirements for many of the options that they both share. Further, quite a few players complain about the high point requirements for some of the achievments and/or crop mastery. Why? Because some are unrealistic.

Zygna is perhaps better at promoting farmville, mainly because they can and do use games like Mafia Wars to promote it. Oh, and farmville is also playable through farmville.com. Confusing if you receive a farmville.com only gift and it takes you there without warning from facebook.

Zygna isn't doing anything "better" nor are there developers listening more, they do what they expect will earn them the most profits.
Old Nov 28 2009, 11:49 PM

Thumbs up

Love it, Love it.... Got it
Old Nov 28 2009, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maa View Post
I'm repeating this as it's clearly not being acknowledged:

Have you considered that expanding the farm even larger probably isn't within the parameters of Adobe Flash? As such that has NOTHING to do with the devs. They can't change that. Also have you tried working on a large farm with loads of stuff on it? Lags a lot doesn't it? How do you think that will be if the farm was even larger? Most people simply don't have enough RAM to process that and would render the game unplayable for many thousands of perfectly happy farmers.
Old Nov 28 2009, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maa View Post
This option lets you move items between the two farms using your storage. You can also switch between both farms apparently by an icon.

Personally, while I would have loved to see bigger farms, I think this is a good option as well. Perhaps even a better option if bigger farms would have impacted game by causing problems with some players being able to load a farm, or to much load on the server, or slowing down the game to much for users.
Old Nov 28 2009, 11:57 PM

Love the fact that we can have a 2nd farm.

I LOVE the concept and practice here, what I don't love is how much it costs. 3 mil for a 12x12? Sounds steep, but at least we got more land.=) I may just get the Farm Cash to buy the new 12x12. However, I do not want to do that until I know how much expansions cost(in coins or cash, however that works). Would someone please be so kind as to help me out here?
Old Nov 29 2009, 12:03 AM
Account Not Linked

Would like to know how they decided which 50% got the upgrade. My sister is only on level 34 and can't get the 2nd farm unless they use FarmCash. I am on level 52 and wasn't offered this upgrade?? Hmm...what is the logic in that? I think it may be money motivated !!
Old Nov 29 2009, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregcols View Post
Would like to know how they decided which 50% got the upgrade. My sister is only on level 34 and can't get the 2nd farm unless they use FarmCash. I am on level 52 and wasn't offered this upgrade?? Hmm...what is the logic in that? I think it may be money motivated !!
Has nothing to do with money. The upgrade is being rolled out slowly over the servers. You're probably not on the same server as her. Even if she lives with you, she could be on a different server.
Old Nov 29 2009, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregcols View Post
50% as in 50% of the servers, not 50% of the people. your sister is just on one of those lucky servers.
Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. They have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. The only thing you can’t do is ignore them. Because they change things. While some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do
Old Nov 29 2009, 12:07 AM
Account Not Linked

Yay got mine now too! TYVM!