Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Jun 23 2018, 07:10 AM

Default Working Facilities with one click

What tools are needed to work facilities with one click? I have all the tools to start, store and load facilities. So, I'm guessing I need additional tools.
Old Jun 23 2018, 08:48 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by treedill View Post
What tools are needed to work facilities with one click? I have all the tools to start, store and load facilities. So, I'm guessing I need additional tools.
Hi treedill,

I have moved your post to the thread about facilites.

Do you mean you want to work all your friends facilites from the one farm and have the mayor do all the work? If so, you need 2 trains, each train needs 10 different Farm Cash cars attached to it and they need to be dispatched. You can find out more information on trains in our Game Guide CH29. Here's the link >>
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=492298
Old Jun 24 2018, 01:24 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Thanks, Tiger. I generally have so few problems with FT that I don't think of clearing the memcache. However I did just do as you suggested, including clearing Chrome's cache also and quitting and restarting Chrome. Unfortunately it didn't solve either of my problems. Specifically:

1. When I started the FT session the ingredient planner remembered "all regular facilities / 1 month / by missing." I changed it to "all regular facilities / 6 months / by category" and clicked update. I then closed the facility manager. A few minutes later (but in the same session) I opened it and clicked on the ingredient planner, and it was set to "all regular facilities / 1 month / by missing" as it had been at the beginning of the session, rather than what I had changed it to. Not really a big deal, but that's not how I understood it was supposed to work - I thought (and think) it should remember what it was set to the very last time you used it.

2. On my farm 22, I performed the following sequence: first I used the wrench/preferences to hide all trees. Then I merely clicked on the eye/hiding tool, and a whole bunch of paths (all over the farm) suddenly disappeared.

I was able to accomplish what I wanted (which was to delete a few paths, among them some of the ones that had disappeared) by directly clicking on the building that was in the way and hiding it instead of using the eye tool. Also, I discovered that if instead of using the wrench/preferences to hide all trees, I click on a single tree, say hide, and then select hide all trees, and then click on the eye tool, the problem doesn't occur.

However, I can consistently duplicate the problem of paths disappearing if I use the wrench/preferences to hide all trees and then click on the hiding tool (I tested this on other farms too). I also tested this with using wrench/preferences to hide all flowers and then clicking on the eye tool, and when I did so a different bunch of paths disappeared. I think the paths that disappear are under or near the trees or flowers that are being hidden.

Not exactly a huge issue, but it is a bug, and it was kind of annoying until I figured out an alternative way to accomplish what I wanted.

ps - I realize I'm replying to your response that pertains to issues I raised in two separate threads, so that part of my reply doesn't really belong in this thread - sorry if that is a problem.
Link below not mine.)

Visit 's Farm

DB:W200, MPS:F37

Last edited by earlgray; Jun 24 2018 at 01:30 AM.
Old Jun 24 2018, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlgray View Post
Thanks, Tiger. I generally have so few problems with FT that I don't think of clearing the memcache. However I did just do as you suggested, including clearing Chrome's cache also and quitting and restarting Chrome. Unfortunately it didn't solve either of my problems. Specifically:

1. When I started the FT session the ingredient planner remembered "all regular facilities / 1 month / by missing." I changed it to "all regular facilities / 6 months / by category" and clicked update. I then closed the facility manager. A few minutes later (but in the same session) I opened it and clicked on the ingredient planner, and it was set to "all regular facilities / 1 month / by missing" as it had been at the beginning of the session, rather than what I had changed it to. Not really a big deal, but that's not how I understood it was supposed to work - I thought (and think) it should remember what it was set to the very last time you used it.

2. On my farm 22, I performed the following sequence: first I used the wrench/preferences to hide all trees. Then I merely clicked on the eye/hiding tool, and a whole bunch of paths (all over the farm) suddenly disappeared.

I was able to accomplish what I wanted (which was to delete a few paths, among them some of the ones that had disappeared) by directly clicking on the building that was in the way and hiding it instead of using the eye tool. Also, I discovered that if instead of using the wrench/preferences to hide all trees, I click on a single tree, say hide, and then select hide all trees, and then click on the eye tool, the problem doesn't occur.

However, I can consistently duplicate the problem of paths disappearing if I use the wrench/preferences to hide all trees and then click on the hiding tool (I tested this on other farms too). I also tested this with using wrench/preferences to hide all flowers and then clicking on the eye tool, and when I did so a different bunch of paths disappeared. I think the paths that disappear are under or near the trees or flowers that are being hidden.

Not exactly a huge issue, but it is a bug, and it was kind of annoying until I figured out an alternative way to accomplish what I wanted.

ps - I realize I'm replying to your response that pertains to issues I raised in two separate threads, so that part of my reply doesn't really belong in this thread - sorry if that is a problem.
Hi earlgray,

Thank you for your detailed information

I am still struggling with reproducing issue 1, although it did eventually revert for me after about half an hour of trying. I'm thinking there is something else that you are doing that i am not that might make it go wrong sooner, but i don't know what that is. However i do agree the IP should have remembered your last choice and not reverted to a previous selection.

Thanks to your explanation of issue 2 i have been able to reproduce that with the hide (eye) tool.

Please go ahead and report both issues to support. To contact them click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Please be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.
Old Jun 25 2018, 12:42 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne View Post
Hi earlgray,

Thank you for your detailed information

I am still struggling with reproducing issue 1, although it did eventually revert for me after about half an hour of trying. I'm thinking there is something else that you are doing that i am not that might make it go wrong sooner, but i don't know what that is. However i do agree the IP should have remembered your last choice and not reverted to a previous selection.

Thanks to your explanation of issue 2 i have been able to reproduce that with the hide (eye) tool.

Please go ahead and report both issues to support. To contact them click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Please be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.
Thanks Tiger. I submitted them as two separate reports. Now when I actually try to make the IP problem happen, it doesn't, so you're probably right that there is something else involved, but I don't have any idea what. I just know that it's happened to me several times. When it happens again, I'll try to see if I can think of anything that might have influenced it. Or maybe it's just random. Pretty hard to debug that kind of problem.
Link below not mine.)

Visit 's Farm

DB:W200, MPS:F37
Old Jun 25 2018, 06:54 AM

i can not fine in chapter files, is there one that explains to players how to open a specific facility in the FM so they can sell all the products it makes/uses, and how to use the green ? to see the ingredients list etc.....
Old Jun 25 2018, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNelson View Post
i can not fine in chapter files, is there one that explains to players how to open a specific facility in the FM so they can sell all the products it makes/uses, and how to use the green ? to see the ingredients list etc.....
Hi JNelson,

I'm not sure what you are wanting, all you do is click the "open" on the facility to open it. I don't think that really needs an explanation. You can't sell anything from the facility manager, you can only cash out services. Stored items, you need to go to market to sell. If you are wanting to know how to search for a facility in the Facility Manager then you just click on the search icon and type in the name of the facility. The only info we have on the Facility Manager is in the following link >>
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...42#post5078842

With the ? if they just click on it, it will open the help menu showing what products the facility makes. The blue links at the top of the window will take you to the ingredient planner, or if it's a service, the stock planner. Click on a the picture of a product to see what it needs to make it and if it's used elsewhere there will be another link you can click telling you where it's used or stocked.

If they are not sure what to sell, they can go to market and sell non-ingredients, those are not used in any other facility and can be sold. If they do not have all the facilities they can use the non-ingredients (for me) filter, which will sell, along with non-ingredients, any products that they do not have the facility to use them in yet.
Old Jun 25 2018, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne View Post
Hi JNelson,

I'm not sure what you are wanting, all you do is click the "open" on the facility to open it. I don't think that really needs an explanation. You can't sell anything from the facility manager, you can only cash out services. Stored items, you need to go to market to sell. If you are wanting to know how to search for a facility in the Facility Manager then you just click on the search icon and type in the name of the facility. The only info we have on the Facility Manager is in the following link >>
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...42#post5078842

With the ? if they just click on it, it will open the help menu showing what products the facility makes. The blue links at the top of the window will take you to the ingredient planner, or if it's a service, the stock planner. Click on a the picture of a product to see what it needs to make it and if it's used elsewhere there will be another link you can click telling you where it's used or stocked.

If they are not sure what to sell, they can go to market and sell non-ingredients, those are not used in any other facility and can be sold. If they do not have all the facilities they can use the non-ingredients (for me) filter, which will sell, along with non-ingredients, any products that they do not have the facility to use them in yet.

thank you , i know all this .. i mentor several players teach how to play and all the many many things need to know about FT and some players are just not comprehending the many uses of the FM, i put up the FM help u have in chapter files but i didn't see anything there to teach players how to use the ? to see facility specific how to check supplies, turn off a particular product etc... (did tell them about ingredient planner) but using the green ? is faster for some things .. i will just make my own, wanted to use slashkey if there was one .. you be surprised how many players do not understand the obvious or what seems to us to be self explanatory .. thank you i just want to be sure i was not missing it
Old Jun 25 2018, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNelson View Post
thank you , i know all this .. i mentor several players teach how to play and all the many many things need to know about FT and some players are just not comprehending the many uses of the FM, i put up the FM help u have in chapter files but i didn't see anything there to teach players how to use the ? to see facility specific how to check supplies, turn off a particular product etc... (did tell them about ingredient planner) but using the green ? is faster for some things .. i will just make my own, wanted to use slashkey if there was one .. you be surprised how many players do not understand the obvious or what seems to us to be self explanatory .. thank you i just want to be sure i was not missing it
Hi JNelson,

I have added a brief description of the ? in the Game Guide, same link i gave you which should help some. It does already tell you in there how to remove a check mark for a facility or a product.
Old Jul 02 2018, 11:12 AM

Default Trouble with facilities

Being a bit slow on the uptake, I only recently discovered that I can check or uncheck items I want to produce in a facility using the "Start All" feature. The problem is that FarmTown uses this as the default setting for all facilities of that type. Example: In my first two Spinning and Textile Mills, I want to produce everything. In the third I cut back, and in the fourth I cut back even more. But the last facility where I enter checked or unchecked items becomes the default for all facilities of that kind. I have multiple bakeries, construction facilities and of course sawmills and metal mills. This results in a huge waste of valuable resources and a huge surplus of items I don't need. Is there a fix for this or is it just the way it is (for now)? Or am I missing something I can do to remedy this myself? Thanks for your help.

Use the Forum Search to Find Your Topic
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...236&farm_ix=21

Last edited by Ike8266; Jul 02 2018 at 11:22 AM. Reason: Clarification

Tags
cannot work friends farms, cargo for semi trucks, cash out, cashout, cashout doesn't work, facilities, facilities help, facility check box, facility manager, facility manager problem, facility problem, facility production, facility work, filters, ingredient planner, item check box, loading facilities, lost facilities, manager, move facilities, neighbor posts, no room to place facility, service facilities, service facility, stocking facilities, unable to post, working facilities, working neighbors posts, working posts