Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > Suggestions

Old May 08 2015, 01:01 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to sparc77
Default Sharecropping?

I've been playing the game since the earliest years and still love it. I have watched with sympathy as the developers struggle to keep the game interesting and bring new ideas online to truely make the game stand out compared to other farming games.

I have a suggestion which I would like the developers to consider: Sharecropping.

I would like to have the ability to tag a neighbor to "lease" one of my farms. I would designate (by plowing) what areas of the farm they can access, and they could plant crops on that area or they could "fund" me planting on their behalf. Then, when either one of us harvests the crop, the reaping would be split evenly between the two of us.

This would allow newer players to "partner" with more experienced players as mentors and will also allow players who have may have a lot going on in real life to have someone watch their crops for then (so that they don't go to waste).

Thanks for taking the time to consider this suggestion.
Old May 08 2015, 01:07 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to sparc77

If you have any experience with actual farming, you may be aware that some crops deplete certian nutrients from the soil while others deplete other nutrients.
In real life this is compensated for in part by crop rotation.

Perhaps the developers could introduce a parameter that catagorizes differnt types of crops and introduce a "bonus" to the yeild of crops that are not of the same categpory as the previous crop. Likewise, if one crop follows another corp of the same category, a penalty can be assessed to the yeild owning to the depleted nutrients from the soil by the previous crop.

Just a suggestion from an old farm-boy who loves the game.
Old May 25 2015, 08:24 AM

We've had so many great new trees - thank you! But it's been a long time since we've seen new flowers. There are so many exciting international arts items now, would love to see some beautiful and usable new "international flowers" -- e.g., lovely exotic flowers to use in bouquets from Australia, Argentina, etc. Also bromelaids and cactuses from the US Southwest. They and future things "international" could be sold in an International Bazaar building. Also we already have ferns, daisies, pansies, calla lilies that could be made into pretty bouquets or potted arrangements. Thanks! Y'all do a fantastic job of being accessible and listening!
Old May 29 2015, 05:38 AM

i would love some more flowers please some thoughts bulbs tropical flowers would love frangipanis iris some flowers form dif countries australian natives thanks
Old Jun 01 2015, 08:05 PM

Default Freeze Growth of Trees

It would be great to have the capability to freeze the growth of trees, in similar fashion as flowers, especially trees used for design purposes... ie Magnolias, Dogwood, bushes such as Dieffenbachia, Mugo, Snake to name a few...

Also, definitely as suggested above by others, would love to see more species of flowers and dif colours for some existing flowers, like roses, tulips etc...

As always, anxious to see what the Devs will surprise us with for the June Release... patiently waiting with anticipation!!!...

Farming since February 7, 2009
Level 875+
Farms 1-17, 19, 20, 33 & 34 @44x44
Farms 18, 21-32 @42x42
Farm 35 @22x22

SHELL VALLEY Properties
Old Jun 07 2015, 03:40 PM

We need turnips. There are a lot of classic Country French recipes that use turnips.
So you could add dishes to the French Restaurant.
You could also use turnips to make pig feed and sell it in the animal feed store.
Old Jun 23 2015, 08:34 PM

Awarding bonus crops upon sowing instead of upon harvesting to avoid loss of well deserved bonus boxes would be nice.
Often times a farmer may have logged off and left someone harvesting for them which means any bonus crops will be lost, or if moving from page to page within farm town ie: helping with facilities,moving from farm to farm, questing, etc.
Also move the loading box from the middle of the screen? And perhaps make it smaller than the size of a house? It impairs the screen, especially when fishing as it takes each fish a half hour to load anyway!
Old Jul 11 2015, 08:19 AM

I would gladly pay for a Farm Cash tool that would again double the yield on my fruit trees.

The tool would double the fertilized yield..... result is 4x the normal yield.

A separate tool could be offered for flowers so the devs could make more $$$
Old Jul 12 2015, 08:30 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to leighwj1960

I would like to see a way to sort by belt/dan in the store. When I have enough crops in storage to supply my facilities I like to work on increasing the belt/dan to maximum. The way it is now I have to either check my belt level in one screen then go to the store to plant or do lots of scrolling to find what is at less than 7th Dan.
Old Jul 14 2015, 09:58 AM

A new plant or flower I would like to see is different kinds of cactus.. Their flower could be harvestable.. I have a farm featuring a western theme and would love to be able to add cacti to it.. Thanks!!

Last edited by marymarcel; Jul 14 2015 at 10:46 AM. Reason: quote removed