Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > Suggestions

Old Oct 30 2013, 08:03 AM

Default Crops, Fruits and Plants

Hello Everyone, the Developers would like to thank everyone for the suggestions in the past , they have made a note of all the current requests and have asked us to reset all the top posts and start afresh. All previous requests have been archived.

Please continue to post NEW suggestions.

In another effort to streamline these threads and to make all members feel comfortable with posting suggestions, comments or replying to suggestions is not allowed and will be removed.

Please use this thread to post your ideas for new crops, fruits (and the trees on which they grow) and plants you would like to harvest on your farm.

Remember this is for brand new things. If you have a great idea for another use for any of the crops or fruits or plants we already have please post it here http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=332042

Crops

Trees

Flowers/plants

Other:

Last edited by marymarcel; Feb 21 2015 at 07:43 AM.
Old Mar 25 2015, 08:33 PM

Default Hickory trees

You should add hickory trees
Old Mar 28 2015, 11:49 AM

how about hemp you can do so much with it
Old Apr 05 2015, 08:36 AM

Sequoia trees and a tree called Dragonblood (Dracaena cinnabari). TY!!!!
Old Apr 05 2015, 05:07 PM

Koi pond, with fish for sale and maybe some in gifts, offer pumps, waterfalls, filtration maybe different shapes of ponds. Food for sale, and the making of food in facilities for koi.
thanks, Doug
Old Apr 06 2015, 02:04 PM

We have flax but don't get flax seed another suggested crop is CHIA for chia seeds. Both could be used in Nutritional supplies factory.
Old Apr 09 2015, 02:30 PM
Account Not Linked

I really wish there could be some changes made to the trees! First off, they should provide way more fruit. I need to have several farms covered in trees, just to try and keep up with what is needed for the facilities. None of the farms are layered with crops underneath, and it still takes a really long time to load them. The 2 day trees aren't as much a problem, really, since they are ready in less than a day with watering, but it took a long time to get enough harvests from each to be able to fully stock the facilities. Not to mention that I needed a large farm, almost totally covered in them, just to keep up. With them being a gift item, that took ages!

Coconut trees are a real issue. You have to get them as gifts, and they only provide 1 coconut every 5 days. Yes, I fertilize and I also water, to increase the harvest to 2 coconuts and I can harvest in around 2 days, but even with lots of trees, I am always running out. Too many facilities need coconuts for this to even be practical. I have 1,500 coconut trees, and with bonuses, and fertilization, I get about 4,500 coconuts when they are all harvested. But, since it takes a rather long time to harvest, I would need thousands more coconut trees for it to really help. I need room for the other 5 days trees too, so it isn't at all practical to plant thousands of coconut trees. Add in the amount of time it would take to get enough from gifts, and it feels impossible.

Why not make all gift trees ready in 2 days? That would make a lot more sense! Better yet, let us buy them! So many people have to rely on gifts for other items that they can't get otherwise, without spending farm cash for a facility (items from the semi truck, and bait, and some of the animals needed, as an example). I've bought all of the facilities that provide the gift items, as many of us have, but the gift trees can't be purchased, and it takes forever to get enough from gifts to make a dent in what is needed.

The cost of trees and the amount that you get when you sell the fruit isn't very good, either. As an example, a guava tree costs $1,500 to buy, takes 5 days to harvest, and the one fruit that you get sells for only 117 coins. Yes, you'll eventually make a profit (I don't even want to try and figure out how long that would take!), but that profit is so small that most people in the market won't even harvest trees, especially since you earn no XP for harvesting trees.

I bought the largest tree shaker, and always let employees use it, and my fuel, and many of them never finish the job, or they quit before even starting. It just isn't worth their time because the return is so small. I only hire one person at a time, and quite often, I have to go through 4 or 5 people just to find someone that is willing to finish. So, I end up doing it myself. For me, it isn't about what you earn for harvesting the trees. I only need them for the facilities.

The big money making crop here is acorn squash. Everyone loves acorn squash! Rightfully so, because even though it takes a long time to get to harvest, it is totally worth it in the end! You can earn a fortune off of that crop! Why is it the complete opposite for trees that take just as long to harvest? It makes no sense! Plus, those trees are providing something that you need for the facilities, but acorn squash is just sold for a huge profit.

Thanks for listening, and I truly hope that there will be a change to the trees. It's a real issue for most of us. I LOVE this game, and appreciate the fact that the developers listen to what we would like to see. I also appreciate the fact that problems are fixed. I just hope that the tree issue can be fixed.

Natalie
Old Apr 12 2015, 08:50 AM

Lightbulb All trees made available in store and removed from gifts

All trees made available in store and removed from gifts

Farming Since July 25, 2009
Old Apr 23 2015, 03:02 PM

I would like to have in the store for purchase the following items:
1. Some different colored roses - yellow, blue/purple, peach, etc.;
2. Trees that are currently only obtainable as gifts. Also, fruit trees should yield more than 1 fruit per tree.

I would like to see the following existing and new items for sell in the store and how to utilize them in our facilities:
3. Daisies, lilies, etc. used in the flower shop as bouquets or flower arrangements;
4. Daffodils, begonias and petunias (just to name a few) sold as potted plants;
5. Gladiolus instead of being only obtainable as a gift;
6. Chestnut, Chokecherry, and Chicle trees - fruits/nuts/harvest used in different facilities:
a. Chestnuts roasted and sold at the fair building, snack factory, etc.
b. Chokecherry jelly from the Food Preserve Factory.
c. Chicle=chicklets gum! Manufactured at the snack factory and sold at the gas station, mini mall, grocery store, etc.!
7. Mahogany trees for lumber, furniture, etc.;
8. Hickory and mesquite trees for smokehouse instead of oak.

That's all that comes to mind at the moment--I'm going to start making notes as I play!

My first farm-It's a work in progresshttp://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...9230&farm_ix=Y
Old May 05 2015, 05:21 PM

A lot of people seem to plant multiple farms with the same crop so it would be great if they didn't have to load the same seeds for every farm if they are using the same seed. For those that don't use the same seed it would be no different as they would still need to load a new seed.