Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Dec 07 2021, 12:32 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Robbo,
My laptop also had problems with the same update, but it did finally load it last night. So try again and see if it will load.

For the gifts, check that 3rd party cookies and popups are still showing allowed in your browser. If you are only checking they are allowed by clicking on the padlock in the browser address bar please also go into the browser settings and make sure that they are not blocked there either. Browser updates can sometimes change these settings.
Instructions for the common browsers can be found by clicking on this link:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625118

Try also clearing your FT memcache. To do that Click Here. A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another window.

If those don't help, please see if you get the same problem in another updated browser that has 3rd party cookies and popups allowed.

Working on other's farms will slow down depending on how heavily layered their farms are. The more of those farms you work the slower it will get because you are using up your memory in the laptop and if your laptop doesn't have a lot then it will effect how long you can work and will be prone to freezing up. One thing you can do before you go to get hired is to uncheck all the show items that don't involve the work, like buildings and decorations.
No change. My computer got re-imaged tonight. It is working a little faster. Most things in Farmtown work but.....
I still cannot send gifts. I have check my version of Chrome, no issues. I have checked the cookie restrictions, none. I even logged into google hoping it would allow me to send gifts. Nope.
This is my problem #1410128365. I checked the other ideas previously submitted. I am up to date on everything. I am only guessing that something got installed in the FT network cause it appears others are having similar problems. In the interim, I will keep checking this string to see if anyone is able to figure the problem.
Old Dec 07 2021, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbo Robson View Post
No change. My computer got re-imaged tonight. It is working a little faster. Most things in Farmtown work but.....
I still cannot send gifts. I have check my version of Chrome, no issues. I have checked the cookie restrictions, none. I even logged into google hoping it would allow me to send gifts. Nope.
This is my problem #1410128365. I checked the other ideas previously submitted. I am up to date on everything. I am only guessing that something got installed in the FT network cause it appears others are having similar problems. In the interim, I will keep checking this string to see if anyone is able to figure the problem.
Hi Robbo

You dont say if you tried other updated browser with 3rd party cookies allowed in it.

Is this happening only trying to send gifts from Send gifts tab or also sending gifts back from your My Requests tab?

If you have trains, do you also have the problem trying to send train boost requests to friends?

Did you check if you have any extension in your browser or if your antivirus could be blocking you for sending gifts?

How many friends do you have playing the game? If you have lot of friends that could be the reason why the lists are not loading. Facebook determine the amount of friends and that is something we cant change.
Old Dec 09 2021, 03:18 AM

when boosting trains FT crashes
2021-12-09 09:11:57.254 ERROR An abnormal situation has occurred: the PlayerLoop internal
function has been called recursively. Please contact Customer Support with a sample project so that we can
reproduce the problem and troubleshoot it.
Old Dec 09 2021, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by derfischmac View Post
when boosting trains FT crashes
2021-12-09 09:11:57.254 ERROR An abnormal situation has occurred: the PlayerLoop internal
function has been called recursively. Please contact Customer Support with a sample project so that we can
reproduce the problem and troubleshoot it.
I have exactly the same problem .... Also, Gifting is not working ....

Last edited by barbaraelwart; Dec 09 2021 at 03:59 AM.
Old Dec 09 2021, 04:53 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Hi Everyone,

We are aware that there are various issues today with gifting, boosting friends trains, profile pictures missing from the game activity panel beneath your game screen and also in Facility Wall Requests.

These have all been sent off to the developers to look into, but please try to be patient, it is very early in the morning for them so they may not be around for a few hours yet and then they will need time to look into this.

We apologise for the inconveniences!

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Dec 09 2021, 05:34 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Looks like these issues may be fixed now folks, please reload your game and try again!

Any Friends trains that you tried to boost while the issue was happening will need to be cleared from the My Requests area.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Last edited by Tiger; Dec 09 2021 at 05:38 AM.
Old Dec 12 2021, 10:12 AM

Default Microsoft Edge

All of the sudden, Microsoft Edge is giving the message that 'embedded page at 1slashkey.com does not support webgl'. Is this a problem? I updated Edge yesterday and today is the first time I have tried it; or could this be the problem.

Thanks for your support,
Bill B.
Old Dec 12 2021, 10:20 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbarksda View Post
All of the sudden, Microsoft Edge is giving the message that 'embedded page at 1slashkey.com does not support webgl'. Is this a problem? I updated Edge yesterday and today is the first time I have tried it; or could this be the problem.

Thanks for your support,
Bill B.
Hi Bill,
I moved your post to the thread about HTML5

This usually happens when your browser encouters an error and "thinks" WebGL is disable.
Many times this happens while working heavily worked farms.

You need to close your browser for a few minutes and then reopen and check if that is fixed.
If not then you can restart your computer.

If nothing worked for you, then clear your browser cache. The first time you load the game after the clearing, the game will load slowly as all graphics have to be loaded again.
You have instructions on how to clear your browser cache in the following link:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=421890
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 12 2021, 07:51 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to beverduster

how do you get on farmtown without going to slashkey?
Old Dec 12 2021, 07:59 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by beverduster View Post
how do you get on farmtown without going to slashkey?
Hi Beverduster,
Farm Town is on the Slashkey servers, so to answer your question you can't.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Closed Thread

Tags
black screen, web gl