Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Jun 23 2012, 05:10 PM

I don't think it has ever taken anywhere near 30 minutes to work anyones facilities, even those that I have to visit over half their farms. I still think the coins and items made are worth the time. I think it is monotonous when you have 90 facilities on one farm, but still I think for the time spent, it is well worth the 10 million you make. I do think that it isn't much considering the cost of the expansions, but it is still alot of coins per time spent.

I just figured it out. If I plant a field of 1000 plots with Acorn Squash, I will get 2000 cause I fertilize, so will make approximately 1600 per plot. Multiply that by 1000plots, and you have 1,600,000. Making 10 million plus ingredients I keep pays off alot better than planting a field of Acorn Squash. I think perhaps that people just enjoy planting a field more than they do working facilities. It could be the same thing as fishing. Some things are just not enjoyable enough for people to put the effort into doing them.

Last edited by CynthiaSue; Jun 26 2012 at 06:11 PM.
Old Jun 25 2012, 11:32 AM

Please make the green irrigation work the same as the manure spreader i.e good for 3 days or reset it each time a crop is harvested. Please put the timer on a real 24 hour clock, the current method is way too confusing. The start all tool does not always work on all products in all facilities, the peaches in the food preserve and the horse rug in the sewing are two that come to mind.
Old Jun 25 2012, 06:13 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie Archer View Post
What tools do I need in my Facility Manager to enable me to check a little box on the left side to produce a product or uncheck not produce a product? TY
this link to game guide should help you http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=489090 as there are different tools to do different things its hard to say what they do
Old Jun 25 2012, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Hi Crafty Chris..TY for the links, however my answer to the ? I asked is not in any of the items listed. There has to be someone that knows what I am talking about. All I need to know is what do I need to do to get that little box in all my facilities except the animals, service, oil..all that do not produce products. When in my Facility Manager and say I go to my Bakery...I open it up and all the products are there for you to produce. With this little box in the left corner you can check it if you want to produce Pumpkin Pie or you can uncheck if you do not want to produce Pumpkin Pie. Someone has to have an answer to this question....you produced it...PLEASE HELP ME
The link that Chris gave you has all the tools listed... starting from the bottling machine onwards, each of those tools activates the checkmarks and the load all buttons. There are too many to list here individually, but that chapter in the game guide has all the info you need

How to manually link your Farm to the forum

Contact Support

Old Jun 25 2012, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Tags are not helpful at all..this really makes me feel that ft doesn't know it all...?????
I don't have any boxes to check or uncheck in my bakery to decide which ones to start and which ones not too. If you go to the store and look under tools and go to the bottem of the list, the loaders are all there. There are different loaders for different stores. If yo click on the question mark it will let you know which stores that loader loads. It would take a good bit of farmcahs to get them all. However, I believe that if you own a loader for the store you open up that yo will have the opportunity to check or uncheck which items yo want to load, so that when yo click to load the whole store, it will only load the items yo want to be loaded. Kind of confused how you would already be seeing the boxes to check or uncheck unless you already have the loader for that store, but I suppose, I too, am not understanding your problem.
Old Jun 26 2012, 12:24 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I am very upset by now....in this "game guide" it does show the tools, but it does not show me what tool or tools I need to accomplish what I need to do..
If you look at the bottom of page 2 of that chapter and on to the next pages each tool for the facility manager is listed and what facilities they work on.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jun 26 2012, 01:31 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I would gladly pay 250fc for a tool that enables me to work all facilities on all farms with one click!!!! some of my neighbours have in excess of 800 facilities and its hard work!!! my poor little hand is almost ready to drop off after the long tedious process...

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jun 26 2012, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Rae View Post
I would gladly pay 250fc for a tool that enables me to work all facilities on all farms with one click!!!! some of my neighbours have in excess of 800 facilities and its hard work!!! my poor little hand is almost ready to drop off after the long tedious process...

Are you talking on top of the like 400 farmcash it would take to buy all the loaders that are already for sale?

Sorry, I think I was tired when I wrote this response. I thought you were talking about loading the facilities. I agree with another poster who said that if they make one, it should be coins cause many won't have the farmcash for the tool and so will quit working others facilities, me maybe being one of them. When Im home, I work facilities alot. But if there was a fc tool I didn't have to work them, I probably would give up on working them. They could make it coin but really expensive I suppose, but it wouldn't make them any real money and may in fact cost them. Not sure how that works.

Last edited by CynthiaSue; Jul 08 2012 at 04:03 PM.
Old Jun 27 2012, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Rae View Post
I know many people would pay cash for this. But more people will not.

Just my opinion if the devs want to keep FarmTown growing they will offer this one for coins.

Having facilities worked is an important part of the game and I have noticed a huge decline in neighbors who are willing to do so. They still plant and harvest but do not do facilities.
Old Jun 29 2012, 08:07 AM

Cool

CynthiaSue sez ...

Quote:
I just figured it out. If I plant a field of 1000 plots with Acorn Squash, I will get 2000 cause I fertilize, so will make approximately 1600 per plot. Multiply that by 1000plots, and you have 1,600,000. Making 10 million plus ingredients I keep pays off alot better than planting a field of Acorn Squash. I think perhaps that people just enjoy planting a field more than they do working facilities. It could be the same thing as fishing. Some things are just not enjoyable enough for people to put the effort into doing them.
Don't sell the cash crop short.

Add 71% bonuses from belts and dans to the Acorn Squash and you'll get more like 2.7 harvests per plot, netting about 2100 coins per plot if you use a hired harvester. With a 5x5 Combine a good player can harvest/plough, sow, or harvest/plough/sow 1000 contiguous plots in about a minute. Ten farms at 1000 plots per farm (no overlapping or layers), fertilised and irrigated, nets you about 21 million every other day, for perhaps 15 minutes of your own time to hire the harvester and sow the fields. (I don't count the time it takes for your hired hand to harvest and plough for you, as you can spend that time doing other things.)

Of course, many facilities use crops - some need lots of crops to keep 'em filled. So even if you choose to be an industrialist and even if you hire others to harvest and plough for you, you are still going to spend a lot of time pushing a seeder!

[Later] I wrote the above when sleepy and lazily used OP's 800 coin net return. The net return on Acorn Squash is actually better than shown above because the 500 coin seed cost is paid only once. Thus the potential net return on a fertilised 6th dan plot of Acorn Squash, harvested and ploughed by a neighbour (10 coins to plough), is actually up to (1342 * 2.71) - (500 + 10) = 3127 coins, not a mere 2100. So the 10,000 plots in my example could return 31 million coins every other day for just 15 minutes work.

FaceBook: Waikikamukau | Paris | Latifundium | مصر (Misr) | NY, NY (WIP)
MySpace: TeeGee's Farm

Last edited by Gregh; Jun 29 2012 at 07:24 PM. Reason: Correction to crop return figure