Go Back   Farm Town > Social Forums > Farm Town Social

Old Oct 08 2017, 11:29 PM
Account Not Linked

Default Neighbor's Tab and Interesting Stuff There

I was loading my ships the other day and went to edit the ship log. When I found that, once again, I didn't have 30 people who would reliably work the ships, I quit prepping and don't do them anymore. I still work my ports and send on the ships that are there, but I've also noticed that there aren't as many of them as there used to be. Normal attrition in this game, so no biggie.

But now I'm not getting hardly any gifts and maybe one or two people a day working my facilities, so it's time to clean up the neighbor/friends list and get some new ones. I use the FB friends forum to restock. :-)

My point: In going through my neighbors page, I see lots of people in the high range -- 500-875 -- who have pretty low "help given" and/or "diversification" numbers. Not that mine are that great, but I can't help but wonder -- how do you get to that level and have only, say, <3,000 help given? Just sending out gifts, and they are pretty much daily players, would result in much higher numbers than that.

My first thought was, "They can't even send out gifts?" -- my bad -- but then realized there's probably something else. Anyone know what that might be? Just curious!
Old Oct 08 2017, 11:35 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellsinore View Post
I was loading my ships the other day and went to edit the ship log. When I found that, once again, I didn't have 30 people who would reliably work the ships, I quit prepping and don't do them anymore. I still work my ports and send on the ships that are there, but I've also noticed that there aren't as many of them as there used to be. Normal attrition in this game, so no biggie.

But now I'm not getting hardly any gifts and maybe one or two people a day working my facilities, so it's time to clean up the neighbor/friends list and get some new ones. I use the FB friends forum to restock. :-)

My point: In going through my neighbors page, I see lots of people in the high range -- 500-875 -- who have pretty low "help given" and/or "diversification" numbers. Not that mine are that great, but I can't help but wonder -- how do you get to that level and have only, say, <3,000 help given? Just sending out gifts, and they are pretty much daily players, would result in much higher numbers than that.

My first thought was, "They can't even send out gifts?" -- my bad -- but then realized there's probably something else. Anyone know what that might be? Just curious!
Hi Ellsinore,
Part of it could be that many have the shrinking window at the moment for sending gifts as well as sending out boost requests for trains. Until Facebook fixes their glitch causing this many don't want to have to deal with that.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Oct 08 2017, 11:43 PM
Account Not Linked

Hi, Taz! That's a good point, but a relatively recent development. Wouldn't anyone at the 875 level have been playing for a long time before that happened? I haven't experienced this glitch myself, but it sounds darn frustrating! :-)
Old Oct 24 2017, 12:26 PM

For experienced players - been playing a long time- you don't have to be a social farmer to get high levels or XP. For newer players, achieving a level of 875 can be done astoundingly quickly nowadays.
Old Nov 07 2017, 06:15 PM

I notice my high level neighbors have all the farms (do not know how many we can buy now-a-days,) all fully expanded (42 x 42,) layered plots on most farms with trees and/or facilities layered on top of the layered crops. (lots of exp planting/harvesting)

Most post daily for help speeding up their facilities, and/or referring clients, and seldom return help. They also have many duplicate facilities ~ even duplicate dollar regular or service facilities. (more help with their stuff, more often they reload, more exp)

Most of them do gift daily, one can gift multiple times a day. (I am going to check her Help Given rank.)

I do not check that very often, but once did check Crop Belt Degrees and was surprised that many of my high level (multi-layered) neighbors did not have them all done to 7th degree.

It appears that some of them also get work in the Market due their monikers (All Tools, Solo Only.)
Old Nov 07 2017, 08:14 PM

Okay, I checked, my 875 Level neighbors are also the ones who given the most help. Smile.
Old Nov 12 2017, 09:36 AM

Can anyone tell me how it is determined the number of levels a player is raised when new facilities and upgrades are introduced? If it is done by number of XP then why are so many players raised to the same level? (The top level) I can't figure this one out!
Thank you,
Marlene Wyld (Mom's Farms)
Old Nov 12 2017, 01:11 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwyld40 View Post
Can anyone tell me how it is determined the number of levels a player is raised when new facilities and upgrades are introduced? If it is done by number of XP then why are so many players raised to the same level? (The top level) I can't figure this one out!
Thank you,
Marlene Wyld (Mom's Farms)
Hi Marlene,
It is done by experience points. There is a Game Guide chapter about Exprience and leveling up that shows how much XP you nbeed to reach a level.
The reason so many players reach the top level when new levels are released is because they have more XP than is needed to achieve that level. I have 1.267 billion Xp and the top level currently requires you have 93,612,000 so I have more than enough to be the top level.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.