Go Back   Farm Town > Social Forums > Farm Town Social

Old Jan 09 2017, 03:42 PM

Default Different tree types

I got a weird and albeit silly question (mods, if this is in the wrong forum, sorry!)

Has anyone ever been OCD (if I dare use the term ) enough to, uh, segregate the different types of trees on to different farms according to what region in the world they're most likely found in? Like, arid tropics, rainforest tropics, boreal/mixed-wood, etc.? I hope I'm not the only one.

Just a thought after I seen my "orchard forest" farm is chuck-full of every kind of tree you can imagine that, realistically, comes from all over the world, from olive trees to coconut trees. I mean, I got apple trees WITH coconut trees. Crazy, eh?

Just curious. Hope everyone's having a good 2017 so far.

"Life is nothing more than a cattle trail. You never know where it'll lead until you actually get there."
-Anonymous

Farm Town member since sometime in 2009...
Old Jan 09 2017, 03:52 PM
Senior Moderator

I haven't arranged by area of the world, but do have separate farms for 2, 3, 4, and 5 day trees. I guess you could call that OCD...
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 09 2017, 05:35 PM

I did the same thing taz a few months ago

Farming since April 26 2009
Old Jan 09 2017, 06:24 PM

Wish you guys would understand that it is NOT OCD...

It is .... CDO !!!

We have to keep the letters in alphabetical order.

Old Nov 12 2017, 10:36 AM

I moved my Bamboo trees to my Rice Paddy farm ~ I think rice & bamboo are from China or other Asian countries.

I moved banana trees from my Fruit farm to my Seaside farm then added Date and Palm trees ~ seemed to fit. Formerly Pocono Pines farm, had all pine trees, then added some new trees which I will be moving to new tree farms (cloves, where do they go?)

Perhaps someday I will make a California farm ~ lemons, limes, avocados...
Old Nov 14 2017, 03:26 PM
Account Not Linked

I use certain types of trees as decorations on different farms (such as maples on my Autumn farm), but I also have tree farms that aren't sorted by type, harvest time, height, etc. Just one farm for harvested trees and one for chopping. That's about as COD as I get.
Old Nov 15 2017, 07:27 PM
Account Not Linked

Talking Different Tree Types

Well....I'm not OCD or CDO...

I have some of the farms arranged by zone: temperate, tropical etc. But the game needs lots of tropical trees too, so some of my farms have tropical trees at the bottom, and temperate trees at the top and in the middle...well you get it

When I have a choice I try to plant the crops according to zone.

I'm a gardener. I can't help it! I like my farms to reflect the real world. Now devs about that winter pond with a blossoming tree?

WildRoseBeef: I don't think its weird at all.

I love farm town - we can arrange our farms however we want.
Old Nov 18 2017, 01:49 PM

I don't sort by climate zones but like Taz they are sorted by growing time. Farm 1 is my main quest farm and has at least 16 of every tree and flower and the trees are grouped by growing time with the shake trees on one side and the chop trees on another. Then the group of farms has chop trees with the 12 hr trees first going to the 4 day. The next group of farms has the shake trees, again by growing time. The last 24 farms have flowers.
Old Nov 21 2017, 08:11 AM

rice grows in the south of the USA also
Old Nov 23 2017, 10:46 AM
Account Not Linked

i've got a few decorated farms where the trees are more or less zone appropriate. for my tree farms i only sort by chop/shake but like to mix them all up like a real forest.

before i got the EX tools, i had a tall tree every 8x8 for my tool to grab onto and i'd sure like to get rid of them and redecorate the tree farms but the way the red squares works got changed and you can't see the 1x1 holes anymore so i'm guess i'm stuck with them the way they are