Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Oct 12 2011, 11:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Arrow Animals

ANIMALS

This thread is for reporting problems with animals. Please read the following information BEFORE posting in this thread. Thank you.

Before posting a general question please check the Game Guide : Chapter 12 - Animals

Animals on display can be a drain on resources. It’s always best to place the animals into their relevant buildings. You will need to do this to harvest the animals for their products to sell at market or to use in your facilities.

There are two options to help with loading issues on farms with many animals:
  • In your game preferences, check the box next to “Freeze Animals” option.
  • When hired to work, you can also deselect the “show animals when hired” option.
    To get to your game preferences, click on the wrench icon top right of your game screen
You can have 250 animals of each kind in their respective regular buildings
or 500 of each kind in the super buildings.
You can have one of each type regular or super animal shed on each of your farms.

Animals from the cattle car train get sent to your Item storage, from there you can place them directly into their buildings using the move feature.

Solutions for problems moving animals or other items:
  • If you are trying to add animals to buildings and are having trouble clicking on them.... Pick up the "add animal to building tool" located in your extended tool box. With this still in your hand go back to the extended tool box and click on the magnifying glass. Type in the name of the animal, then choose the option "hide non-matching items". Everything except the animal you are searching for will now be hidden. Click on the animals to add them to your buildings. Reload the farm to bring everything else back into view when you are done.You can also do this with the "add to storage tool" if you're trying to add animals to your item storage.

OR.........
  • In your "preferences" deselect all the options for "show trees, buildings, flowers, decorations" etc, then refresh the farm and try moving the animals again.
  • Don't try to move animals when in full screen mode. Zoom in as close as possible to the animal before trying to move.
  • Try clicking on the animal/item even if it doesn't get highlighted - most times you will activate the menu to move it.
  • Try deselecting the "Freeze Animals" option checked in your Game Preferences. This could cause the highlighting option to fail when moving your cursor over them. It will also allow the animals to roam to another part of your farm (away from crops, buildings, fences etc) where it will be easier to highlight. Remember to change the setting back when you are done, if you wish to.
  • Close Farm Town, clear browsers cache and try again.
  • Often if you are having issues clicking on an item or getting the drop down menus to function it is a symptom of having an old version (or corrupted file) in your flash player. Go to the adobe com site and use their uninstaller to uninstall your flash. Then, after clearing your cache and rebooting your computer (to get rid of any remnants), go back to adobe.com and install the latest available version of the program.

When posting for assistance please try and include a Link to your farms and include the farm number you are having problems with.

For help with linking your farm go here: How to Link your Farm to the Forum

Please note:- This thread is for Help and Support only, any off topic posts may be moved or deleted without notice.

For Suggestions on Animals go here: Animals both producing and non-producing

Last edited by Tiger Laybourne; Nov 28 2017 at 09:25 AM.
Old Dec 15 2013, 04:38 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonalm View Post
i had no problem getting onto your farm... btw, i using Chrome as my browser
have you cleared your browser cache lately?
There is one difference for you getting on her farm. You have the option of turning the animals on or off when you visit others farms. She doesn't have that option on her own farms.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 15 2013, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonalm View Post
i had no problem getting onto your farm... btw, i using Chrome as my browser
have you cleared your browser cache lately?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
There is one difference for you getting on her farm. You have the option of turning the animals on or off when you visit others farms. She doesn't have that option on her own farms.
Just adding to this , when you visit another farm the most animals you can see is 300, on your own farm you can see them all.
Old Dec 18 2013, 09:18 AM

Default Cows do not equal milk production

Only now began to happen: harvesting cows and goats but not registering total milk produced. I try to load my dairy shelves and it states more milk needed. I know that I have sufficient cows but FarmTown states that I need more milk.
Old Dec 18 2013, 10:28 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccormick_ld@hotmail.com View Post
Only now began to happen: harvesting cows and goats but not registering total milk produced. I try to load my dairy shelves and it states more milk needed. I know that I have sufficient cows but FarmTown states that I need more milk.
If you are filling just one dairy processing plant completely it take 2760 milk. And that is just one plant. Milk is used for 40 products and that takes 13,470 for 15 days.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 18 2013, 02:14 PM

Default I have huge dairy herds

I have 7 dairy farms utilizing 180+ on 6 and over 600 animals on the 8th.
Old Jan 02 2014, 01:32 AM

Default Missing Animals from unloading train

I have been using the train for quite some time with no problems. Tonight I unloaded the train. I went to put my animals away and noticed I only received 30 animals each rather than the usual 50. I cleared cache and stuff so not sure if this is a bug or not. Thank you
Old Jan 02 2014, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glorybee76 View Post
I have been using the train for quite some time with no problems. Tonight I unloaded the train. I went to put my animals away and noticed I only received 30 animals each rather than the usual 50. I cleared cache and stuff so not sure if this is a bug or not. Thank you
Hi! I have just unloaded my train and I got 50 animals. You can try the memcache in my signature where it says AQUI to clear your game memory. You'll see a list of unsettings,close that window and the farm if it is open. Then clear your browser cache and close it. Reopen. Perhaps you are not going to get the lost animals back but the clearing could prevent you for loosing them in the future.

LINKING YOUR FARM TO THE FORUM

SUPPORT TEAM

Granjera desde el 29 de Julio 2009
Old Jan 02 2014, 04:01 PM

Thank you. I had cleared my caches before I came here and posted I will wait and see if it continues to be a problem next time.

Tags
animals, cows, feathers, geese, heavy wool llama, heavy wool sheep, hen, holstien cow, horse, leghorn, llama, lost animals, peacock, pig, sheep, store animals, stuck animal, turkey