Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Oct 13 2011, 12:25 AM
Senior Moderator

Arrow Fishing and Bait

Fishing

This thread is for help with problems with Fishing.Please read the following information BEFORE posting in this thread. Thank you.
Before posting a general question please check the Game Guide :
Chapter 19 - Fishing
Fishing Boats

Common problems....

Stubborn fish when using the single fishing pole.
The less fish in the water, the harder it gets. Click on the yellow diamond in the farm selector to reload the farm you are on. It will reload the farm and spread the fish back out again making them easier to catch. If you are hired to fish you will not lose the hire by doing this.

Overlapped waters being hard to fish.
How a farmer designs their farms and the waters on them is entirely up to them.

Storing bait.
When you store bait from your gift box, use "Store Ingredients" to store them to waters.

Gifted bait, bait from your fish farming plant and any bonuses you get from posting your own bait bonus gets stored with waters.
The exception to this rule is any bait you send to a friend when you click on their bonus post, your share goes to storage, which you can use to stock the Fishing Tackle shop if you own one or just sell at market.

Losing bait.
If you own the Fishing Tackle shop, you could be loading a lot of it into there for sale. Either do not load the bait into there, or if you have the load tool for that facility, go to the facility, open it and remove the checks from the boxes for freshwater and seawater bait.

All of topic posts will be deleted without warning. This thread is for help and support only. All feedback/suggestions need to be made in the feedback and suggestions area

Last edited by Tiger Laybourne; Nov 20 2017 at 06:14 PM.
Old Dec 04 2013, 08:54 AM

Default fish bait

I have stored fish bait but it disappears!! Does it die?
Old Dec 04 2013, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmaw51 View Post
I have stored fish bait but it disappears!! Does it die?
Hi Emma! I suppose you are talking about your baits stored in your waters, do you have the Fishing Tackle shop? This service facility is stocked with baits so you are selling them. If you have the tool to load the facility, open it and make sure to remove the check marks for both freshwater and seawater bait.

LINKING YOUR FARM TO THE FORUM

SUPPORT TEAM

Granjera desde el 29 de Julio 2009
Old Dec 12 2013, 03:02 AM

Unhappy Losing bait

Hi. I have been losing seawater and fresh water bait now for a week or so. It started with just the seawater bait and now it's both. I store it from my fish farms and it shows up as long as I have the farm up and running. When I get out of FT and close out FB and then log back in and go to FT it is gone. HELP!! Please.

https://www.facebook.com/mjduby

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...4233&farm_ix=0

The wave rolls in and rolls back out. Stand strong.
Old Dec 12 2013, 05:19 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mduby View Post
Hi. I have been losing seawater and fresh water bait now for a week or so. It started with just the seawater bait and now it's both. I store it from my fish farms and it shows up as long as I have the farm up and running. When I get out of FT and close out FB and then log back in and go to FT it is gone. HELP!! Please.

https://www.facebook.com/mjduby
do you have the fish tackle shop? its a referral facility.....if you do have it, open it and make sure you do not have the boxes ticked beside the fresh water and sea water baits as that will mean you are selling it...if you hover your cursor over your waters the amount of bait you have will show...

Visit 's Farm

DB:W200, MPS:F4
Old Dec 12 2013, 12:37 PM

Unhappy Losing bait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Rae View Post
do you have the fish tackle shop? its a referral facility.....if you do have it, open it and make sure you do not have the boxes ticked beside the fresh water and sea water baits as that will mean you are selling it...if you hover your cursor over your waters the amount of bait you have will show...
Yes i do but I also have 10 fish farming plants which were enough until about two weeks ago I had over 100,000 bait stored in my seawater bait storage and over night it was gone. Fresh water bait still had over 100,000 in storage. It was this way until about a week ago and now the fresh water bait went over night so it's not the tackle shop. Keen on it. This is strictly a bug. I have emailed support and have received no response. Please HELP!!

Old Dec 12 2013, 12:44 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Yes i do but I also have 10 fish farming plants which were enough until about two weeks ago I had over 100,000 bait stored in my seawater bait storage and over night it was gone. Fresh water bait still had over 100,000 in storage. It was this way until about a week ago and now the fresh water bait went over night so it's not the tackle shop. Keen on it. This is strictly a bug. I have emailed support and have received no response. Please HELP!!
You can try to clear the Farm Town memcache, this could possibly stop the losing of bait. The memcache is different than your computers cache, this is Farm Town’s cache on their server, sometimes the cache on their server gets bad data or data that doesn't let new data be stored and needs to be cleared. To clear the FT memcache, click on the blue Click Here that is shown in my signature line and you will see a list saying unsetting, this is normal, once the page loads it is done and all you need to do is close that page and your farm if it is open, then clear your browser cache, cookies, and history and close it. Then sign back in and you are ready to go. Support could take few weeks depending on how many tickets are a head of yours, and with the train situation there could be more tickets than normal.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to post a link to your farm: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Old Dec 12 2013, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRider View Post
You can try to clear the Farm Town memcache, this could possibly stop the losing of bait. The memcache is different than your computers cache, this is Farm Town’s cache on their server, sometimes the cache on their server gets bad data or data that doesn't let new data be stored and needs to be cleared. To clear the FT memcache, click on the blue Click Here that is shown in my signature line and you will see a list saying unsetting, this is normal, once the page loads it is done and all you need to do is close that page and your farm if it is open, then clear your browser cache, cookies, and history and close it. Then sign back in and you are ready to go. Support could take few weeks depending on how many tickets are a head of yours, and with the train situation there could be more tickets than normal.
OK...I already did that last week I think it was, when this started happening. I just now unchecked the bait from my fishing tackle shop. Question is, that if I have to uncheck the bait from the shop to keep the bait for my fishing, why does the tackle shop have bait at all to sell? Like I said I have 10 fish farms. That should be more than sufficient. It always was before this. My tackle shop was loaded with bait too and I still had bunches of bait left in storage for when I fished. Now when I log out of FT and FB and come back I have a lot less bait and sometimes 0 left. Well I did uncheck the bait from the shop so we'll see if that is a problem, but if it is then I have a Fishing Tackle Shop that is not 100% efficient!

P.S. Just cleared the memcache again also. thanks for your response guys. Hope it stops acting up. !0 fish farms? I need more? We'll see. Still think it was a bug. I'll let you know. Thanks for listening to me rant

Last edited by mduby; Dec 12 2013 at 03:08 PM. Reason: memcache
Old Dec 12 2013, 03:30 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
OK...I already did that last week I think it was, when this started happening. I just now unchecked the bait from my fishing tackle shop. Question is, that if I have to uncheck the bait from the shop to keep the bait for my fishing, why does the tackle shop have bait at all to sell? Like I said I have 10 fish farms. That should be more than sufficient. It always was before this. My tackle shop was loaded with bait too and I still had bunches of bait left in storage for when I fished. Now when I log out of FT and FB and come back I have a lot less bait and sometimes 0 left. Well I did uncheck the bait from the shop so we'll see if that is a problem, but if it is then I have a Fishing Tackle Shop that is not 100% efficient!

P.S. Just cleared the memcache again also. thanks for your response guys. Hope it stops acting up. !0 fish farms? I need more? We'll see. Still think it was a bug. I'll let you know. Thanks for listening to me rant
Just wanting to verify something, when you talk about you had bunches of bait left in storage are you talking about the storage that keeps your crops and other items or are you talking about when you hover your mouse over the waters? If it is the storage you are talking about, there should be no bait in your storage, it is kept in your waters. With 10 fish farms you should have a lot of bait, I only have one and have plenty.

EDIT: I just looked at your farm and your Seawater bait you have 31,237 and you Freshwater bait you have 49,151. The Fishing Tackle shop stocks 15,000 Fresh and Seawater bait.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to post a link to your farm: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.

Last edited by KnightRider; Dec 12 2013 at 03:40 PM.
Old Dec 13 2013, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRider View Post
Just wanting to verify something, when you talk about you had bunches of bait left in storage are you talking about the storage that keeps your crops and other items or are you talking about when you hover your mouse over the waters? If it is the storage you are talking about, there should be no bait in your storage, it is kept in your waters. With 10 fish farms you should have a lot of bait, I only have one and have plenty.

EDIT: I just looked at your farm and your Seawater bait you have 31,237 and you Freshwater bait you have 49,151. The Fishing Tackle shop stocks 15,000 Fresh and Seawater bait.
I was talking about when you hover over the water. The bait there. Yes I had just emptied my fish farms into storage ie... into what you see when you hover over the water. That is why you saw that amount of bait. I was in FT all day without logging out, and also unchecked my tackle shop bait, and did not load anything after that. I went back there today and I'm still retaining all the bait from yesterday and all the gift bait, after clearing my memcache and unchecking the boxes in my tackle shop yesterday, and logging out last night. I don't know, it seems to me I should have enough fish farms to keep up the bait for my fishing, and the bait in my tackle shop, but I guess not. I'm going to have to buy more fish farming factories I guess, but that seems a little ridiculous. We'll see, but there you have it. I'll let you know in a week or so with another update. thanks for the help.

Tags
bait, can't fish, coasts, fish, fish-farm, fishing, fishing boat, ponds, river, river corner, sea coasts, turbo boat, waters