Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Jan 10 2018, 08:27 AM

Like others, I am unable to load Farm Town. I am using the latest version of Chrome and have also tried on Safari and Opera, all to no avail. Flash is allowed. Sometimes I get just a green screen, sometimes it says to update Flash, which I have done and have verified that it is allowed. Still no luck. I have also restarted Chrome and rebooted the computer. Cache has been cleared. Other Facebook games that use Flash work with no issues.

Last edited by PinkLucy; Jan 10 2018 at 08:32 AM.
Old Jan 10 2018, 08:48 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkLucy View Post
Like others, I am unable to load Farm Town. I am using the latest version of Chrome and have also tried on Safari and Opera, all to no avail. Flash is allowed. Sometimes I get just a green screen, sometimes it says to update Flash, which I have done and have verified that it is allowed. Still no luck. I have also restarted Chrome and rebooted the computer. Cache has been cleared. Other Facebook games that use Flash work with no issues.
Hi PinkLucy,

Please go to the first post on the first page of this thread, check if you have done the items listed there and also click on the links in that post and check those as well.

You will need to allow flash player to run in your browser. Most of the browsers now are setting the Flash player plugin to not open or to ask to activate as the default setting. You will need to change the setting to always activate.

For Chrome follow the instructions in the following link:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...10#post6144210

For Opera please see the following post:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...34#post6213734

Last edited by Tiger Laybourne; Jan 10 2018 at 12:52 PM. Reason: linked posts moved, correcting links
Old Jan 10 2018, 10:36 AM

Hi Tiger. I have done all of these things and as stated in my original post, Flash is always allowed on the browsers. As also noted, the problem is replicating on two computers and three different browsers.

I can send gifts, I can see my neighbours, I just can't get into the game itself.
Old Jan 10 2018, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Hi Tiger. I have done all of these things and as stated in my original post, Flash is always allowed on the browsers. As also noted, the problem is replicating on two computers and three different browsers.

I can send gifts, I can see my neighbours, I just can't get into the game itself.
Hi PinkLucy,

Are you still getting a green screen or is it still asking you to update flash? Did you go into settings and change flash there and did you add the sites to exceptions?

If you are using Chrome, go back to the link i gave you for flash and look for the Alternative Instructions and also add the following sites to exceptions>>
facebook.com
apps.facebook.com
r1.slashkey.com
l1.slashkey.com
trialpay.com

Close your browser when you are done and then try again.

What were the results of the server tests?

If all your settings are correct then there may be a problem with one of the many connections between you and the game and there is no way we can test all of those.

We could try loading your farm for you and see if we can get to it, if you like, to see if it's the end server with a problem. For that we will need a link to your farm. Here's the link to instructions. You will need to follow the Instructions for Alternative linking as you can not load the game. . .
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=590390

Last edited by Tiger Laybourne; Jan 10 2018 at 11:03 AM.
Old Jan 11 2018, 07:58 AM

Hi Tyler
I am now able to access my Farm using Opera following the alternative instructions, but am still not able to access it via Chrome on two different Macs.
Old Jan 11 2018, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Hi Tyler
I am now able to access my Farm using Opera following the alternative instructions, but am still not able to access it via Chrome on two different Macs.
Hi PinkLucy,

Glad you have managed to get in.

I'm sorry but we do not have instructions for Mac users as none of us use them. You may need to check the help section on Chrome for how to add the sites for your version of that browser. You might try getting to the settings by typing chrome://settings/content in your Chromes browser address bar, then look for flash and manage exceptions, but i am not sure if that will work for Macs. The only other thing i can think of is if you have an extra step after adding a site to exceptions, you have another option possibly to the right of the site saying something like "Behaviour" which you would need to click on to change it to "Allow".

Last edited by Tiger Laybourne; Jan 11 2018 at 08:18 AM.
Old Jan 11 2018, 08:18 AM

Thanks, yes I did that (it works the same on PCs as Macs basically). I'm thinking it may have to do with a Spectre/Meltdown protection I recently added. Farm Town seems to be the only Facebook flash-based app to be impacted, however. Others continue to work as expected.
Old Jan 11 2018, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Thanks, yes I did that (it works the same on PCs as Macs basically). I'm thinking it may have to do with a Spectre/Meltdown protection I recently added. Farm Town seems to be the only Facebook flash-based app to be impacted, however. Others continue to work as expected.
Hi PinkLucy,

If you can temporarily turn that off and then try to load FT you might find out if that's the problem. There may be a way to add sites to that program to allow FT to run, but you'd have to look into that yourself.
Old Jan 11 2018, 08:27 AM

Thanks, yes, that was indeed the problem. For the record, I had enabled site isolation on Chrome.
Old Jan 11 2018, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Thanks, yes, that was indeed the problem. For the record, I had enabled site isolation on Chrome.
You are welcome. Good to know you found the problem

Tags
access, adobe flash plugin crash, cannot load game, connecting to mainframe, error saving data x025, errors, farm town not loading, farm town wont load, fb access, flash player issues, flashing red and green, game won't open, green screen, green snreen, load, load user, loading, loading error, loading issues, loading user, loss of connection, not loading, online/offline, plug, saving data, shockwave flash, white screen