Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Jul 23 2010, 09:20 AM

Arrow Receiving-sending-exchanging Gifts

This thread is for reporting problems concerning any problems with gifts. Please read the following information BEFORE posting in this thread. Thank you!

Check Out The Game Guide:

Gifts/Gifting/Accepting/Exchanging/Storing
Everything you need to know about gifts is included in this chapter.

Experiencing Difficulties With Gifting?:

1. Clear you Browser's cache and Macromedia cache files. Then restart your browser.

Click HERE for instructions on clearing your browser's cache. Click HERE to clear your macromedia cache files.

2. Uninstall then re-download your Flashplayer. Rebooting your computer after the uninstall will remove any memory of the orignal Flashplayer.

Uninstall your Flashplayer HERE Download a new version HERE

3. Try using another browser.

4. When exchanging gifts, remember, you need to click on the 'exchange' button after choosing a new gift. Otherwise, you will receive the original gift that was sent to you.

We recommend you use the 'My Requests' tab from within the game to accept your gifts. This is used to accept, exchange and sending back to the person that sent you a gift.

*When posting in this thread the moderation team may need to visit your farm so please include a link to your farm in your post. The button up top is currently out of order so you will need to do so manually. Click HERE for instructions on linking your farm to the forum*

This thread is for players to report problems only. Any off topic posts will be removed by a moderator without notice to the user.

Trouble loading your game? Clear your browser & Macromedia cache files as most issues can be cured by performing this regular maintenance!

How to manually link your Farm to the forum

Contact Support

Last edited by marymarcel; Jan 14 2018 at 02:40 PM.
Old Dec 02 2013, 05:44 PM

The new format for sending gifts to Farm Town Players will probably end my involvement with the game. I don't have time to scroll through hundreds of names, mostly of people who have long stopped playing the game, in order to send gifts to my fellow players. The old format of rows of names with boxes to be checked worked fine. While I am complaining, is there some way that we can edit the list? I have approximately 100 friends who are actively playing the game. Why should I have to scroll through hundreds of names of people who played the game at some time and have not deleted their account from the game? I have deleted them from my Neighbors but they are still on the Gift list of Farm Town Players.
Old Dec 02 2013, 06:26 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbercw View Post
The new format for sending gifts to Farm Town Players will probably end my involvement with the game. I don't have time to scroll through hundreds of names, mostly of people who have long stopped playing the game, in order to send gifts to my fellow players. The old format of rows of names with boxes to be checked worked fine. While I am complaining, is there some way that we can edit the list? I have approximately 100 friends who are actively playing the game. Why should I have to scroll through hundreds of names of people who played the game at some time and have not deleted their account from the game? I have deleted them from my Neighbors but they are still on the Gift list of Farm Town Players.
That change is a Facebook change and was not implemented by Farm Town. The lists that you see currently for Farm Town players is put together by Facebook and not by Farm Town, even though we use those in Farm Town.
You can create your own Facebook lists with just your neighbors that you can use instead of the ones for all friends or Facebooks created list of Farm Town players. Here is a link to an explanation on how to do that:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=349654
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.

Last edited by Taz D; Dec 02 2013 at 06:31 PM.
Old Dec 02 2013, 07:57 PM

Taz, thanks for your help. That solved my issues.
Old Dec 03 2013, 09:51 AM

You can create a list from facebook for your active Farmtown friends and add them to the list. If there are over 50 make a second list and then you can use your Facebook lists to send the gifts easily
Old Dec 05 2013, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Are you using the secure Facebook login (https? If so try switching to using the non-secure one (http. The problem seems to be that data gets blocked sometimes and your neighbors will show in the My Neighbors tab with all 0 amounts.
As of yesterday FB has changed my secure browser setting to enabled with no way to edit and disable it. This makes my computer and Farm Town run really slow. I know it's a FB problem but wondered if anyone else has noticed the change to this feature. And if they had a solution. I have sent FB a message about this but expect no answer. I've also been to the FB forum and there are others with the same problem but FB is not answering... anyway So much for the wonderful updated speedy avatar.
Old Dec 05 2013, 10:59 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JbarLFarms View Post
As of yesterday FB has changed my secure browser setting to enabled with no way to edit and disable it. This makes my computer and Farm Town run really slow. I know it's a FB problem but wondered if anyone else has noticed the change to this feature. And if they had a solution. I have sent FB a message about this but expect no answer. I've also been to the FB forum and there are others with the same problem but FB is not answering... anyway So much for the wonderful updated speedy avatar.
I've actually noticed that since yesterday, my game is actually running faster than it ever has. I also do see the edit button for that secure browser setting. Mine is set on enabled but I can change it. Try cleaning your browser caches and go back again, see if that helps. Good luck!

Server WF37, W10, Chrome.

Need help timing quests/crops/trees/dinner? Google 'Farm Report Alarm', it rocks the game!
Visit 's Farm

DB:W200, MPS:F4
Old Dec 05 2013, 02:34 PM

Hi,

For the past 2 days, I have been unable to send out gifts to any of my friends. When I choose a gift and go to the window, it is blank. None of my friends are listed there. I do not know what has happened or if this is happening to anyone else.

I have cleared my cache and the memcache too. I have also closed my browser and even re-booted my computer. No luck.

I am not having any problems with anything else on my computer, whether in FT or any other game. So, I can only assume this is a problem with FT.

I hope this can be fixed quickly.

Thank you.

Jaybird
Old Dec 06 2013, 12:47 PM

Hi, to all those that can't send gifts, work facilities etc....

Could you tell us how many facebook friends you all have and how many of those friends have farmtown installed? it's possible that it maybe related to this. We are trying to find out if there is some connection between having ALOT of friends, and this issue.

Trouble loading your game? Clear your browser & Macromedia cache files as most issues can be cured by performing this regular maintenance!

How to manually link your Farm to the forum

Contact Support

Old Dec 06 2013, 01:22 PM

Default Problems with sending gifts etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
Hi, to all those that can't send gifts, work facilities etc....

Could you tell us how many facebook friends you all have and how many of those friends have farmtown installed? it's possible that it maybe related to this. We are trying to find out if there is some connection between having ALOT of friends, and this issue.
I've been having this issue off and on for several weeks
I have 11 neighbors that I regularly send/receive gifts from
I've posted this issue in the forum before.
Thanks!

Tags
accepting gift problem, blocked gifts list, can't send gifts, cannot receive gifts, exchange gifts, expired, farm cash, friends list, gift, gift box, gift box issue, gift errors, gift exchange, gift help, gifting, gifts, gifts accept button, gifts issues, gifts not showing up, lost gifts, missing gifts., not able to receive gifts, receive gifts, receiving gifts, requests, returning gifts, send gifts, send gifts missing, sending gifts, unable to collect, window narrows