Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Jul 09 2010, 01:37 PM

Send a message via ICQ to mst

You talk about this being rude I have one better. My 13 year old grandson was working on a farm and got asked if he was circumised. This is rude and my grandson reported him.
Old Jul 09 2010, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnita View Post
You do have an ignore button for the rude people... why let it bother you? Just put them on your ignore and end of issue - quite right, it's a game.

I sometimes don't answer people at the market anymore - not to be rude - I'm in the midst of "selling" and up pops a hiring request. Sometimes (lots) my storage is still opening and won't close - therefore I really can't answer them.

It's how they have it set up - it really should automatically put you invisible or something when you're selling - I think that would help a lot.

I hope you feel better - I've met mostly great people in here... sure some jerks - but the majority are great - and the jerks... That's what the ignore button is for - Learn to use it.. LOL
when i'm selling at the market, i go in offline mode, you don't see anyone else at the market, and they don't see you. so you wont have any hire requests to ignore in addition, being in offline mode actually makes the selling process faster, because the game doesn't then have to deal with all those other people

Note... the offline mode does not disconnect you from the game itself, it only disconnects you from interacting with other farmers
Old Jul 09 2010, 03:26 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Send a message via Yahoo to bringAsack

We need an unemployment list everyone can sign up for or pick jobs from. When you have work you list it, and those who need it can pick from it

Maybe then i would get my farm flowers and fish worked hehe.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jul 09 2010, 03:45 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahappymomoffive View Post
it would be a help if there was places for people to stand in the market when selling produce, looking for work, and for hiring people. It doesn't feel good when people are trying to hire you when you are trying to sell your produce. I feel bad because people tried to hire me and I didn't see it. They could of hired someone else in that time.
Also if you are trying to hire someone, and people keep trying to hire you, they could actually be trying to hire someone actually looking for work.
Take yourself offline (that little plug up top..it disconnects you,but it doesnt kill the game)You are then invisible to everyone else,and free to sell w/o getting hire request.
Old Jul 10 2010, 06:01 AM
Account Not Linked

The best solution to it would be to split the market up. One to sell, one to hire. Or, just let you sell from your farm. Then, only allow hiring to be done in the market and on your farm.
Old Jul 10 2010, 09:08 AM
Account Not Linked

Yup, I have that same problem. It wouldn't kill people to say please or thank you for someone hiring them. I undesrtand sometimes people may forget those kinds of things; but the simple manners mean a lot to those who are doing the hiring...
Old Jul 10 2010, 09:09 AM
Account Not Linked

Yup, I have the same problems a lot of the time. I don't really think saying "please" or "thank you" when someone hires you is too difficult. It is appreciated when people hire polite farmers and sometimes people may forget; however basic manners can go a long way in making the game more enjoyable for everyone invovled...
Old Jul 10 2010, 11:01 AM

I feel so stupid when I try to work for somebody because firstly my internet/computer/farm town (or what it is) is so slow that it sometimes takes me hours just to work in my own farm (I very often get kicked out or timed out) and then I have to start from the beginning again. And another thing is when I need to get harvested very quick no one can come and help me. Some of my neighbours are in different time zones from me. Therefore we aren't in farm town at the same time.
Old Jul 10 2010, 12:51 PM

Thanks for the good advice about going offline while selling.

My pet peeve is people who spam the marketplace with long, repetitive lines of pleas for work. I click on them and ignore and that solves that problem. (Like: PLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW) Happy farming everyone!
Old Jul 10 2010, 01:26 PM
Account Not Linked

I agree totally. I have had four extra people show up to plow when none answered my hire request. I wonder if I could have ignored them or would they have been able to continue plowing.

I like to talk to people in the market place when it gets boring. Usually no one responds so sometimes I make tongue in cheek comments which usually pisses people off. Acouple times when I asked for a plowing job only (since I already have 7million coins) some one make snotty remarks.

Another time I mentioned it looked like the beggars were here and really got blasted for that. Oh, well. It is just a game and as long as no one is vulgar or rude I like to stir up things a little--but never in a mean or belittling way. People are weird.