Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Nov 28 2019, 11:38 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseArienh View Post
I'm having the sorry, something went wrong problem, but I also have the game bookmarked in my browser and using that takes me right in to the game, no problem. I also checked the Play FarmTown button at the top of the forum and got to the game.
Hi RoseArienh,

Facebook have been having issues since a few hours ago. For some it's temporary for others they have a total FB black out.

While this is happening there can be issues with the game if you get it. You could on and off see messages like "Sorry something went wrong", "Feature unavailable" or even Log in Errors.

All you can do is wait it out until they get this resolved.
Old Nov 28 2019, 06:28 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to beverduster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi beverduster,
Iit isnot Farm Town that is causing this. It is a Facebook problem. Only thing we can do is wait it out.
t y taz, i thoughtmaybe it could be
Old Dec 01 2019, 05:22 AM
Account Not Linked

Unhappy Request Wall

This needs to be looked at....So many people are Not showing on the Wall. I tell them, and they tell me the Option is checked when they Post. If they are not on it, I don't get to work their posts, and in return, they don't work mine. This NEEDS to be FIXED!!!! What is the use in having it if it does not work properly. I have also seen where other people here on the forum has posted issues with it, so it isn't just me. I think the game is forgetting that the main purpose of spending all this REAL Money for these Fac's/Clients are to get them Worked!!!
Old Dec 01 2019, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana1971 View Post
This needs to be looked at....So many people are Not showing on the Wall. I tell them, and they tell me the Option is checked when they Post. If they are not on it, I don't get to work their posts, and in return, they don't work mine. This NEEDS to be FIXED!!!! What is the use in having it if it does not work properly. I have also seen where other people here on the forum has posted issues with it, so it isn't just me. I think the game is forgetting that the main purpose of spending all this REAL Money for these Fac's/Clients are to get them Worked!!!
Hi Dana1971,

All we can suggest for you and your fiends that are having this problem is that when you post try adding a message in the post and see if that makes a difference. You and your friends can also try running memcache and see if that helped at all with this.

We don't know why the data is not always transferring from Facebook to Wall Requests. If none of the above have helped you or your friends then you can report this to support and see if they can help.

In the meantime you will either have to go to their timelines to see their posts or use a Facebook friends list to filter news feed to just those friends Facebook posts, however that will show you all their posts not just Farm Town posts. The Facebook Friends Lists bookmark is missing at this time however we do have a link you can use to get to them. The link is in the following post in Chapter 13 of the Game Guide along with instructions on how to create Friends List should you need them: Creating a Facebook Friends List for Farm Town
Old Jan 03 2020, 11:07 AM

Default Requesting Help On my farm

my requests for help on my farm: producing faster and the other one are not posting on the farm town wall since your last update.
Old Jan 03 2020, 11:18 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkersjes View Post
my requests for help on my farm: producing faster and the other one are not posting on the farm town wall since your last update.
Hi gkersjes,
I moved your post to the subject thread wall requests.

You will not see your own posts on the Show Wall Requests.
Are they showing on your Facebook timeline? You do have to allow those to show or they will not be on the Show Wall.

If your neighbors are not seeing them try when you go to post adding something in the text line for the Facebook post and that generally will help to make sure they post both places.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 06 2020, 05:50 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to leighwj1960

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi gkersjes,
I moved your post to the subject thread wall requests.

You will not see your own posts on the Show Wall Requests.
Are they showing on your Facebook timeline? You do have to allow those to show or they will not be on the Show Wall.

If your neighbors are not seeing them try when you go to post adding something in the text line for the Facebook post and that generally will help to make sure they post both places.
My Super Neighbors are reporting that they don't see my posts on the wall either. They have had to go to my profile to get the work request posts
Old Jan 06 2020, 05:56 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighwj1960 View Post
My Super Neighbors are reporting that they don't see my posts on the wall either. They have had to go to my profile to get the work request posts
Hi leighwj,
Are you adding any text when you post them? That does help sometimes if your posts are not showing there.

Please try clearing your memcache (link below) before you post, then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try posting.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 13 2020, 03:06 AM

Default Facebook restrictions regarding posting requests

Hi all,
since a few days Facebook is annoying when I post farmtown-game-requests: I only have to request help for my facilities and publish some belts, and I get threatened to be blocked because of using the publishing function too often. I am doing my facilities usually twice a day as well as publishing requests for ingredients and belts, which is - as we all know - restricted to five all twelve hours. So at least what is possible in the game shouldn't be punished by facebook. All the games at FB have the intention to keep the people online, so what sense does it make to block the players when they are playing?
I think Slashkey should inform Facebook about the usual amount of publications a player could do daily, so we don't get blocked for normal gaming behavior.
Thanks in advance!
Best regards, Uma
Old Jan 13 2020, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uma437 View Post
Hi all,
since a few days Facebook is annoying when I post farmtown-game-requests: I only have to request help for my facilities and publish some belts, and I get threatened to be blocked because of using the publishing function too often. I am doing my facilities usually twice a day as well as publishing requests for ingredients and belts, which is - as we all know - restricted to five all twelve hours. So at least what is possible in the game shouldn't be punished by facebook. All the games at FB have the intention to keep the people online, so what sense does it make to block the players when they are playing?
I think Slashkey should inform Facebook about the usual amount of publications a player could do daily, so we don't get blocked for normal gaming behavior.
Thanks in advance!
Best regards, Uma
Hi Uma,

I have moved your post to the thread about News Feed as you are having issues with posting to it.

I'm sorry but Slashkey have no control whatsoever over what kind of criteria Facebook decides to set for what they consider to be spam posting or limiting how much you post to Facebook. Users have been posting a considerable amount of times from the game due to the new belts being released for nearly a month now without issues so we can only assume Facebook has recently changed their criteria for posting limits or what they consider spam or that they have a problem with that part of their security at the moment, in which case they are likely already trying to correct it.

If you are blocked from posting to Facebook, the only thing you can do is either wait it out and see if it improves in case it's something they are currently working on, or report to them that you think their decision is wrong. However for the most part, you will likely get a one of their standard responses to your issue rather than any details on why this is currently happening.

I do apologize, but there isn't anything we can do to make Facebook change this. When this has happened before, it has cleared up in time and users have been able to go back to posting as much as they normally do, so we hope this will be the case again.

Tags
can't post, can't work facs, can't work services, posts not showing, wall requests