Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jan 09 2014, 08:57 AM

Regarding the using of tools it does not work I hired a player to do my trees, they had enough petrol and also had their own green chainsaw. No extended toolbar came up for them as implied here and they could not use my gold tools. I agree it is a great idea if it works though. It seems this is only for tools that use fuel????
Old Jan 09 2014, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockworx View Post
Regarding the using of tools it does not work I hired a player to do my trees, they had enough petrol and also had their own green chainsaw. No extended toolbar came up for them as implied here and they could not use my gold tools. I agree it is a great idea if it works though. It seems this is only for tools that use fuel????
I've had no issues with it... tho there is a little delay before the extended toolbox pops up. tried it several times, and has worked fine.

How to manually link your Farm to the forum

Contact Support

Old Jan 09 2014, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
I've had no issues with it... tho there is a little delay before the extended toolbox pops up. tried it several times, and has worked fine.
Well i tried it with with a few of my friends and it does not work they just get their highest tool or in the case of a newbie the 3x3 tools
Old Jan 09 2014, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
Speaking of delays....I am experiencing a delay with each thing I do in FT. This started yesterday after the release. I can work with it, but I thought I should let you know.
Old Jan 09 2014, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockworx View Post
Well i tried it with with a few of my friends and it does not work they just get their highest tool or in the case of a newbie the 3x3 tools
By "extended tool box" they mean the tool box which opens with the arrow. I did notice this morning that the arrow did not appear just by hovering over the tool box as is has before. So the workers have to click the regular tool box in the bar at the bottom of the game and then click the arrow before the extended tool box opens and then the tool can be selected from there.

Otherwise it appears to be working for everyone else. I've had several workers with either less than the largest tools or no tools at all work my farms without any additional problems using mine! If following the directions I gave above does not work, I suggest clicking the "report / contact this app" link to the right of your screen and below the Facebook ads. It will put you in touch more directly since it appears your situation is unique. On occasion I also have had problems with the game that very few other farmers have had. Raul and the development team have been very quick to fix them. Just be patient since it may take up to 2 weeks or more depending on how many other tickets are ahead of you.
Old Jan 09 2014, 10:20 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete5560 View Post
ut tries to move over 4 billion animals to shed. loxks up game
If you had 4 billion animals on a single farm that would lock up that farm anyway. And trying to put them in sheds at 180 per shed would not work either because you can only have 1 of each type of shed on a farm.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 09 2014, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad Shadow View Post
All those that worked hard / spent real cash on big tools received a kick in the face today.
WHY ?
Because we BEGGED to let people use our tools for over a year and no one said it was a bad idea in the suggestions thread. They just gave us what we wanted - a way to hire people without tools to use ours instead of taking more time trying to hire someone to do trees, flowers, and / or fish than it would take to do the work ourselves. And by the way, they have already said they are going to make it optional. So look for an additional update in the next few weeks that will do just that.
Old Jan 09 2014, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch85 View Post
Speaking of delays....I am experiencing a delay with each thing I do in FT. This started yesterday after the release. I can work with it, but I thought I should let you know.
It may be a temporary server traffic issue as more people forget about their real lives for a while as they get lost in Farm Town to grab some new stuff! It seems to happen for at least 3 or 4 days after each update and is not really anything new. It's actually how a number of farmers figure out there's been an update to the game!
Old Jan 09 2014, 10:51 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad Shadow View Post
All those that worked hard / spent real cash on big tools received a kick in the face today.
WHY ?
I don't usually read through the comments on the update threads, but did this morning to try to figure out the reason for the notation about adding the checkbox to prevent people using our tools -- why would anyone want to do that? I'm guessing this comment pretty much sums it up. LOL! Interestingly, I thought the tool thing was best part of this update.

I hardly ever hire anyone to work on my farms any more because it doesn't really help me at all, time-wise.

I like to hire people in the lower XP range because they're the ones who really need the help. Unfortunately, they also need tools to work my farms within a reasonable time frame. So what I end up with is people who go through and do the harvesting/plowing -- if they finish THAT at all -- and then I have to go back to clean up everything else, and then sow the crops. So I spend just as much time working my farms with a hire as I would if I just did it myself. So I rarely bother.

Just this weekend I hired someone to do "everything." They did half of the crop of the first farm, and nothing else. If you hire multiple people "just in case," they see that there are others already working the farm and leave.

The concept of hiring people to work farms is a great idea, but it's got so many flaws, it doesn't really work yet, even after all this time. I applaud the ability to use the owner's tools as an effort to fix the problem. I think it would help even more if the reward for doing the trees, etc., were greater. It just doesn't "pay" to do that work, so very few do.

I, personally, have no problem sharing the tools I paid good money for. When I could afford it, I bought tools for people who worked my farms regularly and did a good job, even though they didn't have them. Unfortunately, that's not an option for me anymore, so this is the next best thing. :-)

The polyester fiber thing, though, is a major fail. There's so much of it required already -- I think the Slashkey economists missed the mark on this one. :-D

Thank you, Devs, once again for a great update and for tirelessly trying to do the impossible "Make Everyone Happy" dance. :-)
Old Jan 09 2014, 11:11 AM

Everyone seems to be focusing on the use of tools thing, and it seems to me, that there is one thing that everyone has overlooked in this update.
A few updates ago, it was stated that all decorations were going to be changed and be made available for coins and the Farm Cash price tag was going to be removed. In the following update, we had an apology and it was stated that it could not be done. Now, surely this should've at least meant, that all future decorations, should and would be coin purchases only, so I am wondering why we are now being charged farm cash for clouds and mist??? Everyone understood, that maybe the changes couldn't be made, but the promise should've been carried forward on future new decs. This is not to mention the exorbitant price tag that has been put on them, as most people would want more than one on their farm. At these exorbitant prices, no one would be able to afford this. Perhaps this is something that needs to be looked at and put morally right, considering the broken promise in the past.
Closed Thread