Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jan 08 2014, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
The single tool is always available. They may have the option to use your tools but their own tools are also available through the toolbox which would include the single tool. And if you refresh the farm you should drop back to the single tool at that time without having to look for it.

I previously had moved another tool to the single harvest spot and quickly learned to leave it alone. Don't put any tools in that spot and it will allow you to use it on everyone's farm but if you have put another tool in its place it can't be used even if you go into the toolbox.
Clear My Macromedia Files
Because I've already done this before I posted my Question

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...840&farm_ix=17
Old Jan 08 2014, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Were I a newbie with no tools and knowing that I could use yours when hired by you as long as I have fuel I would love to do your farms for you. Oh, you won't let me use them, sorry then I will not work for you. Yep, that button to disable it will sure make people want to work for you. I am afraid that button will not make you popular with those who are trying to level up so they can buy their tools and hire new players.
Totally agree with you

Old Jan 08 2014, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollipopthebunny View Post
I tried to find it this morning an it did not show up in the extended tool box, or even at the bottom of the game!
I previously had moved another tool to the single harvest spot and quickly learned to leave it alone.

Don't put any tools in that spot and it will allow you to use it on everyone's farm but if you have put another tool in its place it can't be used even if you go into the toolbox.

Old Jan 08 2014, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijntje View Post
well I have all brown tools and the chop-tool brown could not been taken by a person I hired with a lower level chop tool .... sigh
Did they look in their toolbox, that is the only way they can have access to your tools

Old Jan 08 2014, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty_gereye View Post
The dim/hide feature is great that you gave us a choice. I truly wish default had been hide!!
I agree, I have mine set in the spanner on hide so now when I work for someone (rarely do that) it is dim and a real pain and confusing. I had trees and flowers on and the dim didn't allow me to clearing see the flowers needing to be harvested, so had to turn trees off to do the flowers.

Would be so much easier if it was hide instead.

Old Jan 08 2014, 08:47 PM

I'm in the market spreading the word to the players who have NO idea about the Forum or the changes to the game, had to leave they either thought I was lying or being 'snotty' cause I told them to join the Forum and read up on the latest features of the game

OMG the personalities of some people

Last edited by theperfectnina; Jan 08 2014 at 08:55 PM. Reason: update info
Old Jan 08 2014, 09:28 PM

Default Sharing tools doesn't always work

For some reason, I cannot use my mother's bigger tools when working her farms, even though she has them and they are in storage. I worked a lot of jobs in the market place tonight with no issue, but I can't use hers. Does it not work if you are neighbors?
Thank you for your considerate help! To make it easier for you to help me-- I am computer literate and have already done all the tedious things you HAVE to get tired of telling people to do. I don't know everything, but I have already covered the basics.

This is my Farm:
[url]http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1644986609&farm_ix=1[url] [/b]
[/font]
Old Jan 08 2014, 09:53 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessNcubx3 View Post
For some reason, I cannot use my mother's bigger tools when working her farms, even though she has them and they are in storage. I worked a lot of jobs in the market place tonight with no issue, but I can't use hers. Does it not work if you are neighbors?
Nothing was said about neighbors not being able to use them. Are you out of fuel? It does require you have fuel and not the employer.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 08 2014, 10:05 PM

Quote:
If you refreshed the farm it should be in your hand or would be the bottom item in the the clolumns. The sickle is the botom of the harvester column which would be the one for flowers, trees, and crops. The Axe is at the bottom of the Chainsaws.
Will pay attention the next time a neighbor hires me an see if it shows up.

I did just work in the market for others an notice the bonus disappears after you have done what they hired you to do, even before you click on it at times. I was watching to make sure my coin count went up an for the most part it did go up, the First few farms I did I wasn't watching so not sure about those.
Old Jan 08 2014, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theperfectnina View Post
I'm in the market spreading the word to the players who have NO idea about the Forum or the changes to the game, had to leave they either thought I was lying or being 'snotty' cause I told them to join the Forum and read up on the latest features of the game

OMG the personalities of some people
It has been mentioned before, as least my me a few times, that when some one first joins the game, they should be directed to a short tutorial on the forum,

and if they complete the tutorial, they might get an extra $5 or $10 farm cash.

... and be many steps ahead of the game and perhaps become a long time player if they knew more of what they could do.
Closed Thread