Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jan 09 2014, 02:16 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lornagayle View Post
Hi, I like the fact workers can use my tools, was able to hire a neighbor to fish for the first time last night as she could use my turbo boat and enjoyed the experience, I am not happy with the dim out feature though , did some work through the market place for someone, my settings showed hidden, as I have always had it but it dimmed the trees, and when I clicked on the eye it only brought up the who farm with everything showing for me, I hope they are able to fix this glitch.
There are 3 stages for the eye. Off completely, dim and hidden. If you got the off state with one click then need to click it again to get to the dim and again for the hidden.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 09 2014, 03:40 PM

Default New Release

When are you going to fix the glitch about losing coins when harvesting on someone's farm? I will harvest sometimes at midnight to 130 am CST and i lose coins????? do you backup the system during that time or what, why do i keep losing coins during that time period????
Old Jan 09 2014, 05:03 PM

the idea about others using your tools i guess was a good idea for people but i find it is so slow i hired my wife and we found it to be so slow. i think i will just keep doing it myself it is so much faster
Old Jan 09 2014, 05:13 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by max_river View Post
the idea about others using your tools i guess was a good idea for people but i find it is so slow i hired my wife and we found it to be so slow. i think i will just keep doing it myself it is so much faster
That could be the fact that the release is new so many people are on checking out all the new things. Should settle down in a couple days.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 09 2014, 05:20 PM
Account Not Linked

I do not think owners of the large tools who do not wish to share their tools will have ANY problems. I have offered and offered and offered today in the market, crickets. I FINALLY got one person to respond and got all the trees done, which was fantastic. Later today, tried to hire for a huge flower field, got someone who responded, get to the farm, 1x1. Again. Does not respond to mssg, private mssg, go to their farm leave a mssg, they just frantically work as much as they can, then left. I did get a neighbor to finish, usually I have to do it all myself.

I like this idea, but this will take FOREVER to catch on because most farmers just do not read the forums.
Old Jan 09 2014, 05:24 PM

Many players don't come here so they won't know about the tool sharing. Maybe a pop up when you get hired explaining tool sharing would help?
Old Jan 09 2014, 05:54 PM

Cool

"Also, you will be able to use any of the tools owned by your employer. Right now there is no quick way to determine if your employer owns a particular tool, you will have to click on it and you will see a message box if the tool is not owned by the employer. In future releases we will show only the tools available for use, owned by you or your employer. The fuel will come from the employee always."

This is only partly working. When I work for a neighbor I am able to use their 8x8 H/P Combine but when a neighbor works for me my 8x8 log truck, tree shaker, flower harvester & 5x5 boat, are not available to them. Why not? It seems that is what is implied by the above. t least that is how I read it.
Old Jan 09 2014, 05:57 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

for people to be able to use our tools when working our farms....they must own at least the 3x3 harvester etc and HAVE PLENTY OF FUEL... seems if they don't...then they cannot use our tools...simple....

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jan 09 2014, 06:11 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Rae View Post
for people to be able to use our tools when working our farms....they must own at least the 3x3 harvester etc and HAVE PLENTY OF FUEL... seems if they don't...then they cannot use our tools...simple....
Yes they do need to have fuel but nothing has been stated about needing to own the 3x3 tools.
Old Jan 09 2014, 06:13 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAlbertini View Post
"Also, you will be able to use any of the tools owned by your employer. Right now there is no quick way to determine if your employer owns a particular tool, you will have to click on it and you will see a message box if the tool is not owned by the employer. In future releases we will show only the tools available for use, owned by you or your employer. The fuel will come from the employee always."

This is only partly working. When I work for a neighbor I am able to use their 8x8 H/P Combine but when a neighbor works for me my 8x8 log truck, tree shaker, flower harvester & 5x5 boat, are not available to them. Why not? It seems that is what is implied by the above. t least that is how I read it.
Did they open the extended toolbox and click on those tools? Do they have fuel as they have to provide their own fuel.
Closed Thread