Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Aug 26 2017, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen.of.Clutter View Post
ONE is for coins.... 3 were Farm Cash. In '1-2 weeks' when the other 2 are released, ANOTHER ONE will be Farm Cash, and ONE will be coins. 4 for Farm Cash; 2 for coins for this release.
But they didn't release any new tools which usually cost 50FC, and the facilities only cost 30FC. So maybe they did take this into consideration when they released four FC facilities.
Old Aug 26 2017, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbird View Post
Tyvm 4 up dates ....wish you could bring out something 2 make doing other's factories quicker....pretty please x
Having two trains with at least 10 cars per train will make them go very fast. Also you can do multiple links at the same time using tabs. Each computer can do x amount of tabs.
Old Aug 26 2017, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan View Post
Thanks for posting this, Julia. As a software developer myself, I can tell you that there are HUGE costs, not to mention time investments in rolling out and maintaining a game like this. Raul & team definitely have expenses and they also deserve to be paid a salary because this is (or may be) their livelihood. We really can't expect them to be delivering such an excellent product and not get paid for doing it. Or to have to put in 60 hours a week here and still work a 40 hour job because Farmtown isn't paying the bills.

One of the things I admire about this game is that you CAN play for free. You don't have to spend ANYTHING to play this game. Yes, it's harder, and yes, it's not as much fun, but the point is, they have found a way to make the game available to everyone, which I think is cool. I don't know of any other source of entertainment (movies, theater, concerts, restaurants, sports, etc.) where there's a "free section" for people who can't afford to do those things.

Sometimes I "gulp", too, when I see the cost of new items, but in my mind, just as with everything else in life, it's up to me to decide what I buy and what I don't. I'm free to choose. And I would NEVER feel that Raul et al shouldn't get paid for their efforts. This really is the best game out there. They deserve to be paid.

I'll hush now. Just feel strongly about this.

So well said. I have felt this the whole time. I have even tried to say it in my wording, but you have done a great job describing reality. EVERY WORD you stated, all I have is an AMEN.
Old Aug 26 2017, 09:45 AM

Default Thank you, volunteer moderators!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdaddie View Post
So well said. I have felt this the whole time. I have even tried to say it in my wording, but you have done a great job describing reality. EVERY WORD you stated, all I have is an AMEN.
Not to mention that Farm Town also has a much better forum than many other games found on Facebook even though their forums are manned by company employees. Many other games forums are very difficult to peruse for needed information or are years behind on it.

Except for Raul and the development team making a very occasional post on the Farm Town Forum - usually to inform everyone of updates - this is run by volunteers who answer questions and inform of us of issues out of the kindness of their hearts. Speaking of whom, I hope Knight Rider is doing better these days even though it has been quite a while since he was here.

Friends don't let friends boot from hard drives! A real friend would recommend an SSD. Or better yet NVME.
Old Aug 26 2017, 12:40 PM
Account Not Linked

In the fish farming plant the Freshwater bait and saltwater bait doesn't have a 7th dan available on them.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Aug 26 2017, 01:38 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
In the fish farming plant the Freshwater bait and saltwater bait doesn't have a 7th dan available on them.
Hi Jas,
I have sent this to the developers. We don't know if this was an oversite or intentional.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Aug 26 2017, 03:57 PM
Account Not Linked

Thank you for all the hard work!!! Greatly appreciated!!!
Old Aug 26 2017, 05:49 PM

Thank you...
Old Aug 26 2017, 09:22 PM

I have seen a few posts about free fc needing to be increased. This release has 4 fc facilities which the total cost is 120fc I think. This release gives us 25 new levels which is 25 fc, which is a far cry from 120 we need. Someone else said we can get 6 fc a week by doing the quests, and the neighborhood chain. I know I have only got maybe 1 fc out of the neighborhood chain. Even if we could get 6 fc a week, it would take 20 weeks to get to 120fc. Now in that time more releases would come out with more fc items so we will never catch up. Just something to think about.

Farming since April 26 2009
Old Aug 27 2017, 01:17 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom C View Post
I have seen a few posts about free fc needing to be increased. This release has 4 fc facilities which the total cost is 120fc I think. This release gives us 25 new levels which is 25 fc, which is a far cry from 120 we need. Someone else said we can get 6 fc a week by doing the quests, and the neighborhood chain. I know I have only got maybe 1 fc out of the neighborhood chain. Even if we could get 6 fc a week, it would take 20 weeks to get to 120fc. Now in that time more releases would come out with more fc items so we will never catch up. Just something to think about.

While I agree with the others that 4 fc facilities in one release is a bit much, people buying FC is how the developers make money off this game. I made a choice a long time ago to not buy fc service facilities the extra coins you get didn't justify the cost of the fc to me. I also don't have all the tools I don't layer my crops so don't need them and I am a few harvest/plow/plant tools behind the biggest because I haven't wanted to spend the cash on them. I do from time to time buy farm cash because it is needed to get things and I am okay with that. I do wish they would do what a lot of other games do and have a sale on farm cash like buy 250 fc get 250 free, but for some reason they never have done that even though it has been suggested over and over again. As for the 6 free every week 4 of that is easy by doing the quest. Don't do a quest right away let a few build up so you complete 4 or 5 on the same day then it is easy to get in the 8 or 13 in 7 days. Now the neighborhood chain one I finish 1st most weeks you just have to load your facilities often to get there and have people work them. That one is not as much in your control to get 1st every week but you can get at least 4 free every week.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Closed Thread