Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Closed Thread

Old Mar 15 2017, 09:28 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndalu47 View Post
Do you know anything about Face Book Gameroom? I continue to get invitations from it, yesterday i got a pop-up before i could enter Farm Town. Is this a recommended site? Will it make my FT experience better? I do not want to make a download i will regret and i do not know who else to ask. Please help as you are able! thanks!

lyndalu - happily farming since '09
Hi lyndalu,

Your post has been moved to the thread about the Gamesroom.

It is just another place to play all your Facebook games supplied by Facebook. Personally i have found no difference when it comes to speed, and if you have a need to open multiple tabs for the game for say working facilites, you can not do that there. I did find that not all the in depth menus work, like querying the IP and hovering over a product to see how much is stored. If you want to just play the game without being interrupted by Facebook posts and ads, you can do that there.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Last edited by Tiger; Mar 15 2017 at 11:11 AM.
Old Mar 18 2017, 02:52 PM

Hi Everyone. I am here asking about the same Question What is this Facebook-Farm Town Game room.
If I decided to download it and use FT without FB, will I be able to get into my own farms. Or do I need to create a new farm. I am afraid that if I down load this, I might loose access to my farms and or loose cash, coins, items, etc.

Would like to hear from someone who has download this.
I Use a laptop.

Thank you in advance for answers.

Everyone hope you have a great weekend / week.

Treat people with kindness - You never know if your act of kindness is all they needed to change their life around.
Allot of people are hurting Hurting People...Hurt People !
So share your love, kindness, smiles , Say Hello, Hold Doors, Say thank You, Say Please, Say May I, Say You are Welcome....Say You matter !
Do Everything With a Smile
Old Mar 18 2017, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneida View Post
Hi Everyone. I am here asking about the same Question What is this Facebook-Farm Town Game room.
If I decided to download it and use FT without FB, will I be able to get into my own farms. Or do I need to create a new farm. I am afraid that if I down load this, I might loose access to my farms and or loose cash, coins, items, etc.

Would like to hear from someone who has download this.
I Use a laptop.

Thank you in advance for answers.

Everyone hope you have a great weekend / week.
Hi Aneida

If you go to the previous page (1) you can read some opinions about Facebook gameroom
Old Mar 19 2017, 04:24 AM

I tried it. My computer didn't like it I didn't either since most of the time I couldn't get the farm to load so I took it out...
Old Mar 24 2017, 04:51 AM

Default Edge problem rjohn726

I see from another that Edge can't send the Gifts or make the trains go faster, like Google Crome does.

Therefore I will not do that at all.

I tho will continue to use Edge as it is a better system than Google Crome.

I will be ok as at times I can send some gifts, however only a few. Forget the trains is ok also, as those can't go faster in Edge, which is ok for me.

Time is more important for me.

As I will continue to use Edge will you please give me a list of all my neighbors so I can send them a gifts?

Currently I get the same list of 6 or 7 neighbors to send gifts to on Microsoft Edge. I really would like to send them all one gift at a time if I need to do that. I don't care about the trains at all.

Last edited by rjohn726; Mar 24 2017 at 05:33 AM.
Old Mar 24 2017, 09:23 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjohn726 View Post
I see from another that Edge can't send the Gifts or make the trains go faster, like Google Crome does.

Therefore I will not do that at all.

I tho will continue to use Edge as it is a better system than Google Crome.

I will be ok as at times I can send some gifts, however only a few. Forget the trains is ok also, as those can't go faster in Edge, which is ok for me.

Time is more important for me.

As I will continue to use Edge will you please give me a list of all my neighbors so I can send them a gifts?

Currently I get the same list of 6 or 7 neighbors to send gifts to on Microsoft Edge. I really would like to send them all one gift at a time if I need to do that. I don't care about the trains at all.
Hi rjohn,
There isn't any way for us to send you a list of your neighbors. We do not have that information. You can go to your My Neighbors tab and get that. They are all in blue boxes.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 01 2017, 12:29 AM

I just went into the game and I got a screen all about "Facebook Game Room" - Ive seen stuff about this but ignored it? Will it cause a problem with playing the game if I use it? I guess FB are going to make us sooner or later. Sorry I know this isnt really about the new release but it will affect us all.

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Apr 01 2017, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiel29 View Post
I just went into the game and I got a screen all about "Facebook Game Room" - Ive seen stuff about this but ignored it? Will it cause a problem with playing the game if I use it? I guess FB are going to make us sooner or later. Sorry I know this isnt really about the new release but it will affect us all.
I've been using GameRoom for about two months now. Firefox had gotten so slow that it made farming frustrating and another family member farms using Chrome, so I gave it a chance. It's your same game, just using your computer rather than a browser (still need an internet connection). It works pretty much like using FT from Facebook itself, but you don't see any notifications or have other tabs open to distract you. You also don't have access to spellcheck and can't use copy/paste when posting.

So now I mostly use Gameroom to farm, use my phone and Puffin browser for checking on quests and ships and once in a while I still use Firefox to gift or check up on things.
Old Apr 01 2017, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoalieAunt View Post
I've been using GameRoom for about two months now. Firefox had gotten so slow that it made farming frustrating and another family member farms using Chrome, so I gave it a chance. It's your same game, just using your computer rather than a browser (still need an internet connection). It works pretty much like using FT from Facebook itself, but you don't see any notifications or have other tabs open to distract you. You also don't have access to spellcheck and can't use copy/paste when posting.

So now I mostly use Gameroom to farm, use my phone and Puffin browser for checking on quests and ships and once in a while I still use Firefox to gift or check up on things.
Thank you - can you still post facilities etc using that? I like the idea of not getting notifications pop up especially

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Apr 01 2017, 07:20 AM

Hi maggiel29 and GoalieAunt

I moved your posts to a thread about Gameroom in General Feedback section where there are more opinions about this.
Closed Thread

Tags
neighbors, storage capacity