Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Sep 03 2016, 02:26 PM

Thanks Raul... stayed up all night anxious for the update, and just as I was about to get some zzzz's we got New Release (naturally I stayed up)... Expanded my Farm 30 to 42x42, bought all 3 facilities and by the time I got to buying the tools I noticed some people not happy with the new 'method' so put a halt on that until more feedback... Tried 3 times to fill up the Appliance Repair Shop and the new Restaurant Supplies Fac, no go, gave up, closed shop to get a few hours of shut eye hoping when I wake up the facility problem would be fixed but it looks like it is not...
- So, I too am having problems keeping them full... every time I close and re-open the Facility Mgr they are back to showing empty...
- Will not be buying the new tree shaker & new flower harvester... it's based on the same principle as the new Turbo fishing boats from last release... no good for me... my farms are all realistic design farms... Since Aug 13th I have bought 1000 FC... each 250 FC costs me on average $53.00 CAN... that's $212.00 CAN in a span of 3 weeks, therefore, unless the tools are reverted back to the old method or maybe you can give us an option when buying the new tools whether we want the new method or the old method (don't know if that's feasible), I will not spend 100FC... my farms are not wall to wall trees on top of flowers on top of crops just like my sea coasts and lakes are not stacked...

Love the new flowers and looking forward to the ships...

As always, thank you again to Raul and the Dev Team for another great update (even though the tools are no use for me the way they operate)... I would be heartbroken if ever the day comes where FarmTown becomes a Ghost Town... would be a sad day indeed...

Farming since February 7, 2009
Level 1200+
Farms 1-39 @46x46
Farm 40 @50x50
Farms 41 @42x42 & 42 @36x36

SHELL VALLEY Properties
Old Sep 03 2016, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellgirlmtl View Post
Thanks Raul... stayed up all night anxious for the update, and just as I was about to get some zzzz's we got New Release (naturally I stayed up)... Expanded my Farm 30 to 42x42, bought all 3 facilities and by the time I got to buying the tools I noticed some people not happy with the new 'method' so put a halt on that until more feedback... Tried 3 times to fill up the Appliance Repair Shop and the new Restaurant Supplies Fac, no go, gave up, closed shop to get a few hours of shut eye hoping when I wake up the facility problem would be fixed but it looks like it is not...
- So, I too am having problems keeping them full... every time I close and re-open the Facility Mgr they are back to showing empty...
- Will not be buying the new tree shaker & new flower harvester... it's based on the same principle as the new Turbo fishing boats from last release... no good for me... my farms are all realistic design farms... Since Aug 13th I have bought 1000 FC... each 250 FC costs me on average $53.00 CAN... that's $212.00 CAN in a span of 3 weeks, therefore, unless the tools are reverted back to the old method or maybe you can give us an option when buying the new tools whether we want the new method or the old method (don't know if that's feasible), I will not spend 100FC... my farms are not wall to wall trees on top of flowers on top of crops just like my sea coasts and lakes are not stacked...

Love the new flowers and looking forward to the ships...

As always, thank you again to Raul and the Dev Team for another great update (even though the tools are no use for me the way they operate)... I would be heartbroken if ever the day comes where FarmTown becomes a Ghost Town... would be a sad day indeed...
Hi Shellgirlmtl

We emailed the developers about the problem with the facilities, thank you for your patience.
Old Sep 03 2016, 02:59 PM

Just got a nice note from Slashkey regarding the 3 new facilities not loading...they changed the status to urgent (in red). Thank You Rob and staff
Old Sep 03 2016, 03:32 PM

Mine are still not working either. Glad I am not alone.
Old Sep 03 2016, 04:12 PM

Just did a neighbour's farms of wall to wall flowers and trees using the new tools... love them but they are only good for farms that are wall to wall, not good for design farms... I am so bummed out ... Please Raul, think about giving us a choice when we buy the tools or have one with the new method and one with the old method, that way some players might even buy both...

Level 1200+
Farms 1-39 @46x46
Farm 40 @50x50

SHELL VALLEY Properties
Old Sep 03 2016, 04:16 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch85 View Post
Thank you for the new release Raul! I love it all! About the new tree shaker and flower harvester - I went to the market and got hired for 15 farms of trees - chop and shake. The farms were not wall to wall trees, but oddly shaped groupings running diagonally. When I chopped with the old saw truck, it was difficult because of the diagonally running lines of trees. When I used the new shaker to harvest trees in the same diagonal lines it went like a breeze. Like Raul said...it takes a bit to get used to, but once you do, it goes like greased lightening! I LOVE it!!!!
I totally agree, the new 20x20 tools are a breeze.. for those complaining.. there is an old saying still true today..quote "A poor tradesman always blames his tools" unquote.. waiting now for the 20x chainsaw..
Old Sep 03 2016, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellgirlmtl View Post
Just did a neighbour's farms of wall to wall flowers and trees using the new tools... love them but they are only good for farms that are wall to wall, not good for design farms... I am so bummed out ... Please Raul, think about giving us a choice when we buy the tools or have one with the new method and one with the old method, that way some players might even buy both...
I agree! Actually, it would be great to be able to switch back & forth between methods using the same tool, instead of having to buy 2 tools. Some farms are decorative, some farms are designed with functionality in mind. If a SN or hired employee is working different types of farms they'd need the ability to switch methods.
Old Sep 03 2016, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbLH View Post
I agree! Actually, it would be great to be able to switch back & forth between methods using the same tool, instead of having to buy 2 tools. Some farms are decorative, some farms are designed with functionality in mind. If a SN or hired employee is working different types of farms they'd need the ability to switch methods.
That would work for me, be able to switch... Hope the Devs can do something, otherwise I won't be buying the tools... if all new tools are going to be like this in the future I will be stuck with the 16x16 tools... All my farms are realistic farms... I am so bummed out...

Level 1200+
Farms 1-39 @46x46
Farm 40 @50x50

SHELL VALLEY Properties
Old Sep 03 2016, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Rae View Post
I totally agree, the new 20x20 tools are a breeze.. for those complaining.. there is an old saying still true today..quote "A poor tradesman always blames his tools" unquote.. waiting now for the 20x chainsaw..
It is not a complaint Aussie Rae... the tools are fantastic... I tried them out on a neighbour's farms but all my 30 farms are realistic farms and the way the square places to harvest it's just not feasible...

Level 1200+
Farms 1-39 @46x46
Farm 40 @50x50

SHELL VALLEY Properties
Old Sep 03 2016, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlinsssandi View Post
We really do NEED a bigger chainsaw/log truck. How come we didn't get that one? I didn't see much need for the flower harvester, but the log truck I NEED.
I have noticed in my years of playing that the developers seem to try and limit the amount of FC that new releases need to around 250-300 FC (sometimes it's lower). So generally they don't do the full set of tools in a single release especially if there is a new farm or farm expansions. They release part of the set one month and the rest the next. So look for the log truck and possibly the multi planter and/or transplanter tools in October.

Last edited by GoalieAunt; Sep 03 2016 at 06:02 PM.
Closed Thread