Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Mar 12 2019, 11:35 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I'm just about ready to give up on co-op quests. It used to be that lots of my neighbors did them, but that number has steadily declined. I used to be able to get 2 FC almost every week for doing them, but now I'm starting to feel lucky if I can get 1 FC per week. When I put on stickies, few of my neighbors help. And it doesn't help that there are so many ingredients that are used for very few products, and thus are very hard to come by.

Some of the big new features you've added (e.g. Super Facilities) just seem too complicated, time-consuming, and besides that they aren't a way to gain extra Farm Cash.

I don't have any specific suggestions, but I would like to either see a way to make co-op quests easier to complete, or some other way added to obtain Farm Cash. I almost always manage to get 2 FC from completing regular quests, but I miss what I used to get from the co-op quests.
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Mar 12 2019, 11:59 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlgray View Post
I'm just about ready to give up on co-op quests. It used to be that lots of my neighbors did them, but that number has steadily declined. I used to be able to get 2 FC almost every week for doing them, but now I'm starting to feel lucky if I can get 1 FC per week. When I put on stickies, few of my neighbors help. And it doesn't help that there are so many ingredients that are used for very few products, and thus are very hard to come by.

Some of the big new features you've added (e.g. Super Facilities) just seem too complicated, time-consuming, and besides that they aren't a way to gain extra Farm Cash.

I don't have any specific suggestions, but I would like to either see a way to make co-op quests easier to complete, or some other way added to obtain Farm Cash. I almost always manage to get 2 FC from completing regular quests, but I miss what I used to get from the co-op quests.
Hi Earlgrey,
As you do not have any suggestions in this post I have moved it to the General Feedback about quests.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 29 2019, 10:59 AM

Default quest timing

my "feedback" is about steps in quests - for some quests there are steps that require to produce multiple items as a step - I have an active cog au vin - 1 step is to make 6 red wine containers - the normal red wine containers are 2 per "unit" taking 6 hours - in the quest you click enough to show all 6 are being produced and close it out - then when you open the quest again it only shows that 2 are being produced - so you would have to go back at the end of the 6 hours to start the next 2 and back again to start the last 2 - my feedback would be that in a quest that requires more items in a single step than is normally made in the normal timing for that item normally in the factory that those items should all be able to be started at one time and to be finished in the normal time that it takes to make the full amount (in this case it takes 6 hours for 2 red wine containers and the step in the quest requires 6 containers should be able to start all 6 containers at one time and would take 18 hours instead of 2 containers at a time times 3 times to load)
Old Mar 29 2019, 11:16 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iam1to View Post
my "feedback" is about steps in quests - for some quests there are steps that require to produce multiple items as a step - I have an active cog au vin - 1 step is to make 6 red wine containers - the normal red wine containers are 2 per "unit" taking 6 hours - in the quest you click enough to show all 6 are being produced and close it out - then when you open the quest again it only shows that 2 are being produced - so you would have to go back at the end of the 6 hours to start the next 2 and back again to start the last 2 - my feedback would be that in a quest that requires more items in a single step than is normally made in the normal timing for that item normally in the factory that those items should all be able to be started at one time and to be finished in the normal time that it takes to make the full amount (in this case it takes 6 hours for 2 red wine containers and the step in the quest requires 6 containers should be able to start all 6 containers at one time and would take 18 hours instead of 2 containers at a time times 3 times to load)
Hi iam1to,

When a quest asks for multiple batches made in a winery. The quickest way to get them all done is to start a single batch in each winery. So if a quest asks for 6 wine containers you start a single batch in 3 different wineries and they will all complete in 6 hours.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Mar 29 2019, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne View Post
Hi iam1to,

When a quest asks for multiple batches made in a winery. The quickest way to get them all done is to start a single batch in each winery. So if a quest asks for 6 wine containers you start a single batch in 3 different wineries and they will all complete in 6 hours.
if I understand your answer - I have done that for other steps in other quests but it doesn't work - inside the quest is where the correct factory has to be opened and the item started - a lot of time I have factories already filled (to some extent) but those items don't count because inside of the quest is where the item has to be started
Old Mar 29 2019, 01:50 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iam1to View Post
if I understand your answer - I have done that for other steps in other quests but it doesn't work - inside the quest is where the correct factory has to be opened and the item started - a lot of time I have factories already filled (to some extent) but those items don't count because inside of the quest is where the item has to be started
Hi iam1to,

It doesn't matter if you don't use the quest manager to start a step. If you start it in a facility it will count provided you already have the previous steps needed completed.

There is no way to know which facility on which farm the quest went to when you opened it in there. When you get one of these quests, make sure you have a check mark for the steps needed before the wine container step then before you start a wine container step, just go to each winery, from the facility manager if you wish rather than going farm to farm, and start one batch in each of them. You should then be able to see in your quest that the step is in progress. Then once six hours is up you should see the step completed.

If you try to start a batch in a facility that is already producing the maximum you will get a false start showing in the quest and it won't count towards that step. So you can not do this after you have already filled your facilities, you would have to wait for a batch to be complete before you could start another one.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Apr 02 2019, 02:41 PM
Account Not Linked

Default Won't let me post in Feedback

For some reason, I'm not allowed to post in feedback. Perhaps you can move this there for me.

I am a long term FT player. I do spend money on green dollars. Usually for gifts for a family member most recently this March. Haven't actually played in about 2 years. Decided to pass some time as I'm do for a change and actually play.

The first two Quests I received are not completable unless I spend $32 and then $30 worth green dollars. I have $9 after going up a couple of levels.

I can understand this is a business. I don't understand how your business plan to recapture previous players interests is to bombard them with things they can't do unless they spend more real life money. Like really, 53 levels in a week to earn enough green dollars to be able to try to complete 8 quests in time to earn 3 at best. Who knows how many more facilities will need to be bought for the remaining 6 possible quests. Not very enticing in my books.

Guess your just not that interested in having me return. i'll try again in another couple years... Maybe.
Old Apr 02 2019, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayradon View Post
For some reason, I'm not allowed to post in feedback. Perhaps you can move this there for me.

I am a long term FT player. I do spend money on green dollars. Usually for gifts for a family member most recently this March. Haven't actually played in about 2 years. Decided to pass some time as I'm do for a change and actually play.

The first two Quests I received are not completable unless I spend $32 and then $30 worth green dollars. I have $9 after going up a couple of levels.

I can understand this is a business. I don't understand how your business plan to recapture previous players interests is to bombard them with things they can't do unless they spend more real life money. Like really, 53 levels in a week to earn enough green dollars to be able to try to complete 8 quests in time to earn 3 at best. Who knows how many more facilities will need to be bought for the remaining 6 possible quests. Not very enticing in my books.

Guess your just not that interested in having me return. i'll try again in another couple years... Maybe.
Hi Dayradon

I moved your post to the thread about Feedback on Quests.

I'm not sure why you were not able to post here as you are a registered user. Only thing I can think is you were trying to post in a closed thread or there was a glitch while you were posting.

About Quests, all of them, Regular and Cooperative quests, are randomly assigned. The game doesnt know which level you are or which facilities you own.

If you wish to make a suggestion or give an idea for the game, then please post it in our Suggestion section where we have them grouped by theme for the developers to read.

You can't start a new thread there, but you can post as a reply to a thread that fits with your idea.

This is the link to Suggestions section:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2
Old Apr 02 2019, 03:39 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymarcel View Post
Hi Dayradon

I moved your post to the thread about Feedback on Quests.

I'm not sure why you were not able to post here as you are a registered user. Only thing I can think is you were trying to post in a closed thread or there was a glitch while you were posting.

About Quests, all of them, Regular and Cooperative quests, are randomly assigned. The game doesnt know which level you are or which facilities you own.

If you wish to make a suggestion or give an idea for the game, then please post it in our Suggestion section where we have them grouped by theme for the developers to read.

You can't start a new thread there, but you can post as a reply to a thread that fits with your idea.

This is the link to Suggestions section:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

Ty. Not sure why either. My suggestion is pretty self explanatory, they might want to rethink their business model for enticing old players to return. Don't know if this (the forum in general) is really the kind of place for it, but it seems there really is no incentive to return, and actually more deterrents as the same gripes from players 2 years ago are still present.
Old Apr 02 2019, 04:01 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayradon View Post
Ty. Not sure why either. My suggestion is pretty self explanatory, they might want to rethink their business model for enticing old players to return. Don't know if this (the forum in general) is really the kind of place for it, but it seems there really is no incentive to return, and actually more deterrents as the same gripes from players 2 years ago are still present.
Hi Dayradon,
As Marymarcel said the quests are assigned randomly. When you ask the program for a new quest, it does not know what facilities you have or what level you are. That has not changed since the quests were added.

If you wish to make a suggestion about this please post it in the Suggestions section. Please note that you can not start a new thread in the Suggestions, but you can reply to one that fits your suggestion.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.