Closed Thread

Old Sep 15 2011, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbskts View Post
Thanks much..appreciate th help
Old Sep 15 2011, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirl62 View Post
the reason the red sprinkler does not work on crops less then 2d...is because it is for ONCE A DAY...which means the 1d crops would b ready in 12hours....which in turn is TWICE a day...the 8h crops could b planted three times a day...
Who said the Red Sprinkler does not work on crops less than 2 days? It absolutely does work on every crop, regardless of the harvest time! You are correct that the Red Sprinkler can be used only ONCE each day on EACH farm; however, I have planted 8 hr. crops, as well as 12 hour crops, and irrigated each with the Red Sprinkler in order to afford myself the flexibility of harvesting at my convenience at anytime between 4 and 16 hours after planting for the 8 hour crops and at anytime between 6 and 24 hours after planting for the 12 hour crops. Sure, if you harvest at 4 hours and plant another crop immediately, you won't be able to irrigate that crop until the next day, arguably as early as 16 or as late as 20 hours, until a final determination has been made as to what constitutes a "day" in Farm Town. But consider this: If you plant a 4-day crop, which I believe is still an 80 hour crop, and irrigate it 16 hours after planting, it will be ready to harvest in 32 hours from time of irrigation. If you must wait 20 hours to irrigate that same crop, it will be ready for harvest 30 hours from time of irrigation. In either case, you will be able to harvest, plow, plant and irrigate immediately whatever crop you choose.

All of the complaints about the Red Sprinkler are much ado about nothing! It works beautifully if you take the time to understand how it works and how it can benefit you, and plan accordingly. Just because you may be unable to grasp the concept completely is no reason to attack either the Developers or those who take the time to explain and try to help you understand what this wonderful tool can do for you. Is it perfect? No, of course not. Do I wish I could still use my brown sprinkler the way it worked before we got the Red one? Sure, but 50% of the time, the Brown Sprinkler DOES work the way it did before--when I water for my friends and neighbors--and, Dear Hearts, 50% of something is better than 100% of nothing!

Come on Guys, this is a game! Not life or death. Try to enjoy it instead of making yourself and others around you miserable with your complaints. Look at this as a challenge to your creativity. If the Red Sprinkler does not work to your satisfaction, then try to figure out a way to MAKE it work for you rather than against you. And, by the way, for those of you who still layer crops on your farms and seem to be having serious problems with the performance of the Red Sprinkler with respect to harvest times for those layered crops, just remember that this game was not designed for layered crops--you do that at your own risk and with the understanding that there is a distinct possibility that it may corrupt your farms at any time. The Developers are not obligated to provide you with a tool that works with an unsupported and unsanctioned aspect of this game.

You may think this is a simple little game, and that all of your wishes and desires should be just as simple to provide, but if you know anything at all about programming, you will recognize that it has a very sophisticated and complex foundation that the Developers are building upon constantly. It is still the Beta version, which means we are all guinea pigs--testers, if you prefer--and the Developers are relying upon our constructive feedback to help them make it better and more enjoyable for everyone. It would serve us all well to be mindful of this and to be more respectful in our treatment of the Developers and in our suggestions for improvements. A belligerent, defiant, demanding tone is uncalled for and counter-productive.

No one twisted our arms or forced us to pay real cash for the Farm Cash we need in order to buy the premium items. There are many who take great pride and pleasure in playing this game without ever spending one dime for additional Farm Cash. My sister is one of those people, and she is as happy as a pig in sunshine! :-) If you feel you can't be happy without the expensive toys, don't be an early adopter and risk disappointment in the way they perform. Wait until others have bought and used them for awhile and then read the reviews and make an informed decision as to whether your hard-earned Farm Cash will be money well spent.

The foregoing comments are solely my opinions and in no way are intended to reflect or convey the opinions of the Moderators and/or Developers. They will just have to speak for themselves! :-)

Let's farm!
Old Sep 15 2011, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlett128 View Post
who said the red sprinkler does not work on crops less than 2 days? It absolutely does work on every crop, regardless of the harvest time! You are correct that the red sprinkler can be used only once each day on each farm; however, i have planted 8 hr. Crops, as well as 12 hour crops, and irrigated each with the red sprinkler in order to afford myself the flexibility of harvesting at my convenience at anytime between 4 and 16 hours after planting for the 8 hour crops and at anytime between 6 and 24 hours after planting for the 12 hour crops. Sure, if you harvest at 4 hours and plant another crop immediately, you won't be able to irrigate that crop until the next day, arguably as early as 16 or as late as 20 hours, until a final determination has been made as to what constitutes a "day" in farm town. But consider this: If you plant a 4-day crop, which i believe is still an 80 hour crop, and irrigate it 16 hours after planting, it will be ready to harvest in 32 hours from time of irrigation. If you must wait 20 hours to irrigate that same crop, it will be ready for harvest 30 hours from time of irrigation. In either case, you will be able to harvest, plow, plant and irrigate immediately whatever crop you choose.

All of the complaints about the red sprinkler are much ado about nothing! It works beautifully if you take the time to understand how it works and how it can benefit you, and plan accordingly. Just because you may be unable to grasp the concept completely is no reason to attack either the developers or those who take the time to explain and try to help you understand what this wonderful tool can do for you. Is it perfect? No, of course not. Do i wish i could still use my brown sprinkler the way it worked before we got the red one? Sure, but 50% of the time, the brown sprinkler does work the way it did before--when i water for my friends and neighbors--and, dear hearts, 50% of something is better than 100% of nothing!

Come on guys, this is a game! Not life or death. Try to enjoy it instead of making yourself and others around you miserable with your complaints. Look at this as a challenge to your creativity. If the red sprinkler does not work to your satisfaction, then try to figure out a way to make it work for you rather than against you. And, by the way, for those of you who still layer crops on your farms and seem to be having serious problems with the performance of the red sprinkler with respect to harvest times for those layered crops, just remember that this game was not designed for layered crops--you do that at your own risk and with the understanding that there is a distinct possibility that it may corrupt your farms at any time. The developers are not obligated to provide you with a tool that works with an unsupported and unsanctioned aspect of this game.

You may think this is a simple little game, and that all of your wishes and desires should be just as simple to provide, but if you know anything at all about programming, you will recognize that it has a very sophisticated and complex foundation that the developers are building upon constantly. It is still the beta version, which means we are all guinea pigs--testers, if you prefer--and the developers are relying upon our constructive feedback to help them make it better and more enjoyable for everyone. It would serve us all well to be mindful of this and to be more respectful in our treatment of the developers and in our suggestions for improvements. A belligerent, defiant, demanding tone is uncalled for and counter-productive.

No one twisted our arms or forced us to pay real cash for the farm cash we need in order to buy the premium items. There are many who take great pride and pleasure in playing this game without ever spending one dime for additional farm cash. My sister is one of those people, and she is as happy as a pig in sunshine! :-) if you feel you can't be happy without the expensive toys, don't be an early adopter and risk disappointment in the way they perform. Wait until others have bought and used them for awhile and then read the reviews and make an informed decision as to whether your hard-earned farm cash will be money well spent.

The foregoing comments are solely my opinions and in no way are intended to reflect or convey the opinions of the moderators and/or developers. They will just have to speak for themselves! :-)

let's farm!
hear hear........well thought out and very well said

i am not a moderator ...just someone who likes to help out where i can

Proudly Farming Since May 2009
Old Sep 15 2011, 06:59 AM

Default Huge Glitch in Flowers WITHOUT Red Sprinkler

I hope I can state this clearly. First, I DO NOT own the red sprinkler, but had a huge glitch with my flowers a few minutes ago. Went to my first farm and my flowers were withered. (expected) So, I watered them, and a bubble appeared that said 1 minute to harvest and both the F & W showed in the bubble. I really didn't think the flowers would be ready until tomorrow, but hey, I lose track of time. I proceeded to one of my other farms and harvested trees, came back to Farm #1 and the flowers bubble said "Ready to Harvest". I proceeded to harvest with no problem, went to one of my other farms to harvest & chop more trees. Took a short break, logged out, came back on to Farm #1 and the flower bubble now states "11.2 hours to harvest"! I have several gerber daisies and zinnias that I harvest & just sold all of them yesterday, so in theory the ones that I just harvested should have been in my storage. Right?? Well, they are not, so I know I just harvested ghost flowers and I used my flower harvester, so I am now out at least 150 gallons of fuel! It appears that there is an obvious glitch with both the bubble showing harvest time, and with the fact that I was actually able to harvest the flowers. If you go to my farm right now, it is quite obvious the flowers are not ready, but they showed full growth a few minutes ago.
Sorry for the length of this. Mods, please pass this along to the devs!!??
Old Sep 15 2011, 08:34 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett128 View Post
Who said the Red Sprinkler does not work on crops less than 2 days? It absolutely does work on every crop, regardless of the harvest time! You are correct that the Red Sprinkler can be used only ONCE each day on EACH farm; however, I have planted 8 hr. crops, as well as 12 hour crops, and irrigated each with the Red Sprinkler in order to afford myself the flexibility of harvesting at my convenience at anytime between 4 and 16 hours after planting for the 8 hour crops and at anytime between 6 and 24 hours after planting for the 12 hour crops. Sure, if you harvest at 4 hours and plant another crop immediately, you won't be able to irrigate that crop until the next day, arguably as early as 16 or as late as 20 hours, until a final determination has been made as to what constitutes a "day" in Farm Town. But consider this: If you plant a 4-day crop, which I believe is still an 80 hour crop, and irrigate it 16 hours after planting, it will be ready to harvest in 32 hours from time of irrigation. If you must wait 20 hours to irrigate that same crop, it will be ready for harvest 30 hours from time of irrigation. In either case, you will be able to harvest, plow, plant and irrigate immediately whatever crop you choose.

All of the complaints about the Red Sprinkler are much ado about nothing! It works beautifully if you take the time to understand how it works and how it can benefit you, and plan accordingly. Just because you may be unable to grasp the concept completely is no reason to attack either the Developers or those who take the time to explain and try to help you understand what this wonderful tool can do for you. Is it perfect? No, of course not. Do I wish I could still use my brown sprinkler the way it worked before we got the Red one? Sure, but 50% of the time, the Brown Sprinkler DOES work the way it did before--when I water for my friends and neighbors--and, Dear Hearts, 50% of something is better than 100% of nothing!

Come on Guys, this is a game! Not life or death. Try to enjoy it instead of making yourself and others around you miserable with your complaints. Look at this as a challenge to your creativity. If the Red Sprinkler does not work to your satisfaction, then try to figure out a way to MAKE it work for you rather than against you. And, by the way, for those of you who still layer crops on your farms and seem to be having serious problems with the performance of the Red Sprinkler with respect to harvest times for those layered crops, just remember that this game was not designed for layered crops--you do that at your own risk and with the understanding that there is a distinct possibility that it may corrupt your farms at any time. The Developers are not obligated to provide you with a tool that works with an unsupported and unsanctioned aspect of this game.

You may think this is a simple little game, and that all of your wishes and desires should be just as simple to provide, but if you know anything at all about programming, you will recognize that it has a very sophisticated and complex foundation that the Developers are building upon constantly. It is still the Beta version, which means we are all guinea pigs--testers, if you prefer--and the Developers are relying upon our constructive feedback to help them make it better and more enjoyable for everyone. It would serve us all well to be mindful of this and to be more respectful in our treatment of the Developers and in our suggestions for improvements. A belligerent, defiant, demanding tone is uncalled for and counter-productive.

No one twisted our arms or forced us to pay real cash for the Farm Cash we need in order to buy the premium items. There are many who take great pride and pleasure in playing this game without ever spending one dime for additional Farm Cash. My sister is one of those people, and she is as happy as a pig in sunshine! :-) If you feel you can't be happy without the expensive toys, don't be an early adopter and risk disappointment in the way they perform. Wait until others have bought and used them for awhile and then read the reviews and make an informed decision as to whether your hard-earned Farm Cash will be money well spent.

The foregoing comments are solely my opinions and in no way are intended to reflect or convey the opinions of the Moderators and/or Developers. They will just have to speak for themselves! :-)

Let's farm!
You know, I'm really tired of people jumping on those of us who don't love every aspect 100% and take time to leave that feedback. I think these developers are great, the customer service is great and the mod's response time is the best I've ever seen. But if I want to think that for the money I'd like to be able to use the red sprinkler more than once a day, then I have the right to think that without people coming along acting like I DON'T have that right.

If they only wanted positive feedback, they'd delete everything that isn't positive. But they want all feedback and if you don't like it when people have a complaint, then don't read them. I am really tired of posts like this chastising other people for having an opinion.
Old Sep 15 2011, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett128 View Post
Who said the Red Sprinkler does not work on crops less than 2 days?
I don't think people are saying it doesn't work, they're just saying it isn't the optimal use of the red sprinkler since you can't speed up a short-term crop and then go back and immediately speed up a longer one.

Quote:
All of the complaints about the Red Sprinkler are much ado about nothing! It works beautifully if you take the time to understand how it works and how it can benefit you, and plan accordingly.
They obviously aren't much ado about nothing because we have some very experienced players reporting that the loss of the brown sprinkler is causing problems for them. They paid significant FC for that tool, and the best way to fix these problems is, rather than expecting them to rethink and rearrange and redo, to just give the brown sprinkler back. The other problems with the red sprinkler seem to just be bugs that'll be worked out. Regarding the issue of wanting the red sprinkler to work more than once a day, that seems to go back to the fact that the in-game description of the red sprinkler didn't mention that it was a once-a-day machine, although I suppose that could be inferred since the other sprinklers also are. Then again, this is the only sprinkler that works on crops as well as flowers so we're in somewhat uncharted territory here.

Quote:
Come on Guys, this is a game! Not life or death. Try to enjoy it instead of making yourself and others around you miserable with your complaints. Look at this as a challenge to your creativity. If the Red Sprinkler does not work to your satisfaction, then try to figure out a way to MAKE it work for you rather than against you.
Which seems to involve, reading what some players are reporting, moving most of your flowers to just one or two farms and keeping track of when you last watered and goodness knows what else. Why should people have to do that? As you said, it's a game; people shouldn't have to jump through hoops and rework their farms and their play schedule to do something they were doing quite easily before. Some people don't find flowers all that important, but it isn't really fair for them to tell those who do that they shouldn't either. There has to be a way the devs can work things so the brown sprinkler can be used on its own to water flowers without speeding anything, and for the red sprinkler to also be used to speed crops and flowers as needed. It ought to be possible to adjust the red sprinkler so it doesn't alter the remaining time for flowers watered by the brown sprinkler within the last 20 hours. That's the only adjustment they'd need in order for us to have both available, unless I'm missing something. Or, as I think I suggested in another post, to have the red sprinkler configured so players can choose to include or exclude flowers when using it.

Quote:
You may think this is a simple little game, and that all of your wishes and desires should be just as simple to provide, but if you know anything at all about programming, you will recognize that it has a very sophisticated and complex foundation that the Developers are building upon constantly.
I think people are aware of that. Presumably if a requested fix is too problematic or has undesirable side effects, the devs just need to tell us that, sorry, it can't be done because {insert layman's explanation}. However, these are feedback forums, and part of the point of feedback is for people to let the devs know if a new development is causing problems. This new development seems to be causing a lot of problems, and it isn't inappropriate for players to explain the problems and see what solutions are available (hopefully other than "just change the way you play and it'll be fine").

Last edited by tnbskts; Sep 15 2011 at 01:29 PM.
Old Sep 15 2011, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah1979 View Post
I hope I can state this clearly. First, I DO NOT own the red sprinkler, but had a huge glitch with my flowers a few minutes ago. Went to my first farm and my flowers were withered. (expected) So, I watered them, and a bubble appeared that said 1 minute to harvest and both the F & W showed in the bubble. I really didn't think the flowers would be ready until tomorrow, but hey, I lose track of time. I proceeded to one of my other farms and harvested trees, came back to Farm #1 and the flowers bubble said "Ready to Harvest". I proceeded to harvest with no problem, went to one of my other farms to harvest & chop more trees. Took a short break, logged out, came back on to Farm #1 and the flower bubble now states "11.2 hours to harvest"! I have several gerber daisies and zinnias that I harvest & just sold all of them yesterday, so in theory the ones that I just harvested should have been in my storage. Right?? Well, they are not, so I know I just harvested ghost flowers and I used my flower harvester, so I am now out at least 150 gallons of fuel! It appears that there is an obvious glitch with both the bubble showing harvest time, and with the fact that I was actually able to harvest the flowers. If you go to my farm right now, it is quite obvious the flowers are not ready, but they showed full growth a few minutes ago.
Sorry for the length of this. Mods, please pass this along to the devs!!??
I watered some flowers yesterday with the watering can, and they came back showing fully grown when I knew they weren't. Thing is, the issue of flowers appearing fully grown after watering is on the list of problems that have been fixed, but it doesn't seem to have been. This has happened to me a couple of times over the last few days, but most of the time it doesn't happen, so the fault still seems to be there but is intermittent.
Old Sep 15 2011, 03:02 PM

Quote:
I don't think people are saying it doesn't work, they're just saying it isn't the optimal use of the red sprinkler since you can't speed up a short-term crop and then go back and immediately speed up a longer one.

They obviously aren't much ado about nothing because we have some very experienced players reporting that the loss of the brown sprinkler is causing problems for them. They paid significant FC for that tool, and the best way to fix these problems is, rather than expecting them to rethink and rearrange and redo, to just give the brown sprinkler back. The other problems with the red sprinkler seem to just be bugs that'll be worked out. Regarding the issue of wanting the red sprinkler to work more than once a day, that seems to go back to the fact that the in-game description of the red sprinkler didn't mention that it was a once-a-day machine, although I suppose that could be inferred since the other sprinklers also are. Then again, this is the only sprinkler that works on crops as well as flowers so we're in somewhat uncharted territory here.

Which seems to involve, reading what some players are reporting, moving most of your flowers to just one or two farms and keeping track of when you last watered and goodness knows what else. Why should people have to do that? As you said, it's a game; people shouldn't have to jump through hoops and rework their farms and their play schedule to do something they were doing quite easily before. Some people don't find flowers all that important, but it isn't really fair for them to tell those who do that they shouldn't either. There has to be a way the devs can work things so the brown sprinkler can be used on its own to water flowers without speeding anything, and for the red sprinkler to also be used to speed crops and flowers as needed. It ought to be possible to adjust the red sprinkler so it doesn't alter the remaining time for flowers watered by the brown sprinkler within the last 20 hours. That's the only adjustment they'd need in order for us to have both available, unless I'm missing something. Or, as I think I suggested in another post, to have the red sprinkler configured so players can choose to include or exclude flowers when using it.

I think people are aware of that. Presumably if a requested fix is too problematic or has undesirable side effects, the devs just need to tell us that, sorry, it can't be done because {insert layman's explanation}. However, these are feedback forums, and part of the point of feedback is for people to let the devs know if a new development is causing problems. This new development seems to be causing a lot of problems, and it isn't inappropriate for players to explain the problems and see what solutions are available (hopefully other than "just change the way you play and it'll be fine").

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! You addressed these issues in a very non-confrontational way, and I do so appreciate your comments. The issues with the red sprinkler are not being addressed as quickly as the fiasco with the "belts & bonuses" was, and I do wish either the mods or devs would let us know something.....and soon!! I am very hesitant to spend that much FC on something that doesn't work quite like I expected it to from the original wording on the update.
Thanks for the comments.
Old Sep 15 2011, 03:20 PM

I think partly why nothing has happened yet is that a fix is more complicated than for the belts and bonuses because you have several things that these sprinklers do. I assume the belts and bonuses thing just required flipping a few switches from "yes" to "no" in the code. Plus in this case there are also some actual bugs in the system, which I'm sure have priority.

Also, there may be an element of just waiting to see if the problems are the usual resistance to something new and will die away as people get used to it. There seems to be more going on than that, and hopefully by now it'll be clear that some people are genuinely having problems with the way the red sprinkler is set up. But then, seeing as this is Farm Town and not certain other games, I'm sure the devs will do their best to try and sort things out one way or another.
Old Sep 15 2011, 04:31 PM

Quote:
I watered some flowers yesterday with the watering can, and they came back showing fully grown when I knew they weren't. Thing is, the issue of flowers appearing fully grown after watering is on the list of problems that have been fixed, but it doesn't seem to have been. This has happened to me a couple of times over the last few days, but most of the time it doesn't happen, so the fault still seems to be there but is intermittent.
Thanks for posting this response! I was beginning to think that maybe I was having a brain spasm! Would you mind posting your info under the Help & Support area?? There is a thread called "Flowers..watering sprinkler...etc." and that is where I also posted my glitch. Tiger responded that they (mods) had not had this problem reported before and I should let them know if it happened again. More than one person reporting this would certainly be helpful. It will be at least 5 days before I know if the glitch will occur again, since flowers take 4 days to grow.
Thanks for letting me know I am not the only one!!
Closed Thread