Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Apr 06 2017, 08:27 PM

Hi all

From Raul's notes for the New Release:

Post-Release Updates - April 6th, 7:00PM

- Reverted the fishing changes back, now when you click the water items should disappear immediately. This also brings back the original issue, meaning that even when the water items disappear immediately from your screen, they may have not been processed completely on our servers yet. To add more information about the real progress of your farming on our servers we modified the top right blue disk meaning according to these rules:

1. If the disk is white, there are no pending "Save" operations to be completed on our servers
2. If the disk is blue, there is 1 pending "Save" operation to be completed on our servers
3. If the number of pending "Save" operations is bigger than 1, then instead of the disk we will show that number. So if you see a number 5 instead of the disk, it means there are 5 "Save" operations still to be emitted to our servers to "save" your farm work. This also means that if you close your browser at that moment without waiting for that number to go away and show a white disk instead, then the next time you get back to your farm you will have to redo that work again.

If this approach works fine, we will also change the Tree Shaker so it hide the items on click instead of showing the transparency/shadows, like the fishing, at least for the bigger extended mode tools.
Old Apr 06 2017, 09:25 PM

- Bugfix: The smaller harvesters (non extended mode tools) were not highlighting the targeted fields correctly, sometimes it was highlighting fields that were not in the correct squared area for the tool

i am still having this same issue with the 6x6 harvest/plow/sow. it will still pick up a few squares of plots to the left of the target area. yes i have rn memcache a few times and reloaded. its happening on my farm 21 quest farm, named arm n a leg.
Old Apr 06 2017, 10:23 PM

Default How *can* we save the changes?

So how *can* we make sure that the changes have been saved before we exit the game?

The button doesn't do the save for us, when there is a number showing there!

This is really frustrating,

tia

~Raenie

Server 36 now ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymarcel View Post
Hi all

- Reverted the fishing changes back, now when you click the water items should disappear immediately. This also brings back the original issue, meaning that even when the water items disappear immediately from your screen, they may have not been processed completely on our servers yet. To add more information about the real progress of your farming on our servers we modified the top right blue disk meaning according to these rules:

1. If the disk is white, there are no pending "Save" operations to be completed on our servers
2. If the disk is blue, there is 1 pending "Save" operation to be completed on our servers
3. If the number of pending "Save" operations is bigger than 1, then instead of the disk we will show that number. So if you see a number 5 instead of the disk, it means there are 5 "Save" operations still to be emitted to our servers to "save" your farm work. This also means that if you close your browser at that moment without waiting for that number to go away and show a white disk instead, then the next time you get back to your farm you will have to redo that work again.

If this approach works fine, we will also change the Tree Shaker so it hide the items on click instead of showing the transparency/shadows, like the fishing, at least for the bigger extended mode tools.
Farm Link:
https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/p...m_id=791579540

Old Apr 06 2017, 10:30 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raenie View Post
So how *can* we make sure that the changes have been saved before we exit the game?

The button doesn't do the save for us, when there is a number showing there!

This is really frustrating,

tia

~Raenie

Server 36 now ...
Hi Raenie,
Have you tried clicking on the button when there is a number there? It will eventually do the save itself, but clicking the button should make it save faster.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 06 2017, 10:40 PM

Taz, I have clicked the button numerous times, and the no. of saves just kept increasing.

I finally fiddled around trying to go to another farm, and the game hung up,
then brought up the message "that I was disconnected, and should push something or another to reconnect (sorry always forget which button

After I did push the on off buttons, I finally received a "game saved" message and the counter numbers reset to the old "save" button.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Raenie,
Have you tried clicking on the button when there is a number there? It will eventually do the save itself, but clicking the button should make it save faster.
Farm Link:

Old Apr 06 2017, 10:41 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raenie View Post
Taz, I have clicked the button numerous times, and the no. of saves just kept increasing.

I finally fiddled around trying to go to another farm, and the game hung up,
then brought up the message "that I was disconnected, and should push something or another to reconnect (sorry always forget which button

After I did push the on off buttons, I finally received a "game saved" message and the counter numbers reset to the old "save" button.
Hi Raenie,
I don't have anything right now to test this, but we will check on it in the morning.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 06 2017, 10:54 PM
Senior Moderator

Raul just added this information:

Notice that you can't click in the button to Save the operations because the game is already trying to Save the operations, they are just in a queue waiting to be completed by our servers. The speed at which they complete depends on several factors, the amount of items involved, the speed of the users internet connection, the speed of the user computer, etc.

But the most important thing of all, this is the way it has worked since the beginning of the game, 8 years ago, there is nothing new here, the only thing new is that now you are able to see the counter on the top right, and before there was no counter, but there was still the same queue of operations to be completed, under the hood, invisible to you.

We decided to show the counter just so you have a visible idea of how long it will take for the fishing operation to complete on our servers, now that we are hiding the water items immediately as you click on them.

For the trees, flowers, crops, etc, the counter is not technically necessary because that's why the shadow/transparent items are for, when there is a shadow/transparency on the items you click (crops, trees, etc) this means that the operation on those items has not completed yet on the server.

Again, you can just ignore that counter and continue doing the same thing you have been doing.

Or you can use it in your favor, for example if the counter starts to go up abnormally, you know there are some issues with the game, servers, or internet connection somewhere between your computer and our servers.
Old Apr 06 2017, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Raul just added this information:
=====
For the trees, flowers, crops, etc, the counter is not technically necessary because that's why the shadow/transparent items are for, when there is a shadow/transparency on the items you click (crops, trees, etc) this means that the operation on those items has not completed yet on the server.

Again, you can just ignore that counter and continue doing the same thing you have been doing.

Or you can use it in your favor, for example if the counter starts to go up abnormally, you know there are some issues with the game, servers, or internet connection somewhere between your computer and our servers.
[/b][/color]
======

I have been having problems with the game timing out over the last 2 weeks or so. I noticed that when I manually hit the save key, things *would* be saved, and the game continued... otherwise it would hang up and kick me offline. Maybe they need to tweak those things a little more before they are perfect.

At least now I know that it's something that will "resettle" again, given a little time ... (grins

Thanks for your help Taz.
Farm Link:

Old Apr 07 2017, 05:09 AM

Love the new "Save' feature ... thank you!

Farming since: 14 December 2009
Old Apr 07 2017, 07:56 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymarcel View Post
Hi all

Thank you!!! I hope they are able to change the Tree Shaker too, for ALL the shaker tools.
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Closed Thread