Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Oct 02 2018, 10:01 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plynn View Post
I have 4 fish farms and collect from them daily. Up until recently, both the fresh and salt water baits stayed fairly equal. Now, the salt water bait has 20.4+ mil in it, but the fresh water bait keeps going down to almost nothing! It only has 63,024! Is the game sending most of my fresh water bait into the saltwater list? This is verrry strange!
Hi Plynn,
The baits do not go into each other. They are 2 separate items. There are 2 different possibilities. Do you have the fresh water bait checked in your Fishing Tackle Shop? If so with 3 of those facilities each uses 15,000 for a complete fill for a total of 45,000.
The other thing would be you may have more fresh water pieces than salt water pieces. To know for sure you would need to count up how many salt water fish and how many fresh water fish your water pieces provide to see if you have an unequal amount of the two.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Oct 03 2018, 06:14 PM

Unhappy Bait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Plynn,
The baits do not go into each other. They are 2 separate items. There are 2 different possibilities. Do you have the fresh water bait checked in your Fishing Tackle Shop? If so with 3 of those facilities each uses 15,000 for a complete fill for a total of 45,000.
The other thing would be you may have more fresh water pieces than salt water pieces. To know for sure you would need to count up how many salt water fish and how many fresh water fish your water pieces provide to see if you have an unequal amount of the two.
When I bought any kind of water items, I've kept it very even between the fresh & salt water ones. Even when I bought the F$ ponds, I also bought the F$ sea coasts. Only the 1st farm had extra river pieces, but they have been there for ages. (I just removed them.) I've also had the 3 Tackle Shops for quite awhile now and always checked both baits in 'em because I had been producing enough to keep 'em full. So, how could my salt water bait have jumped into the 20 million amount while the freshwater bait has dwindled down to so little? I just collected bait and after posting, had about 30,000 +/-, then I I used memcache and reloaded. I now have 101 freshwater bait. My saltwater bait is unaffected! *sigh* .
Old Oct 03 2018, 08:55 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plynn View Post
When I bought any kind of water items, I've kept it very even between the fresh & salt water ones. Even when I bought the F$ ponds, I also bought the F$ sea coasts. Only the 1st farm had extra river pieces, but they have been there for ages. (I just removed them.) I've also had the 3 Tackle Shops for quite awhile now and always checked both baits in 'em because I had been producing enough to keep 'em full. So, how could my salt water bait have jumped into the 20 million amount while the freshwater bait has dwindled down to so little? I just collected bait and after posting, had about 30,000 +/-, then I I used memcache and reloaded. I now have 101 freshwater bait. My saltwater bait is unaffected! *sigh* .
Hi Plynn,
If you check them in the stores the ponds and lakes do not produce as many fish as the seacoasts. Until you can build up some more fresh water bait the only thing I can suggest is to first uncheck that in the fishing tackle shop and also look to see how many fish farming plants and the fresh water bait is checked in there. The other thing you can do is collect fresh water bait gifts.
It is possible that your storage is full and that is why you are losing the fresh water bait. When your storage is full one of two things will happen. Either someor all of an item will disappear or something you are trying to store will not go into the storage.

Freom what I see in your data you have not sold off your Non-ingredients in at least a month and possible longer. Selling those will lower the ampount you have in storage and not lose any more as long as you regularly sell those off.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Oct 04 2018, 07:13 AM

Default Bait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Plynn,
If you check them in the stores the ponds and lakes do not produce as many fish as the seacoasts. Until you can build up some more fresh water bait the only thing I can suggest is to first uncheck that in the fishing tackle shop and also look to see how many fish farming plants and the fresh water bait is checked in there. The other thing you can do is collect fresh water bait gifts.
It is possible that your storage is full and that is why you are losing the fresh water bait. When your storage is full one of two things will happen. Either someor all of an item will disappear or something you are trying to store will not go into the storage.

Freom what I see in your data you have not sold off your Non-ingredients in at least a month and possible longer. Selling those will lower the ampount you have in storage and not lose any more as long as you regularly sell those off.
I've sold off all non-ingredients and unchecked the fresh water bait in the 3 stores. Hopefully, that will work, but if not, I'll let you know. Thanks for your time & advice!
Old Oct 07 2018, 04:17 PM

Why do we get such a small amount of xp for fishing? when I first noticed we were getting it I didn't know how much from just fishing until a couple days ago when I did a farm that had nothing but waters, it was just small lakes and rivers , when I clicked to get my bonus I saw 14 xp - I stopped and counted the waters there were exactly 14 total of the above 2 types!

So We only get 1 xp for fishing!? That is not worth it for most players. I have a turbo boat(the 1st one that came out that's purple- I've not seen a reason to upgrade it lol) so It doesn't really bother me 1 click and i'm done. However, for those who have no boats and have to use a pole, or only have the small boats, 1 xp to click a billion times to catch 16, 32, and so on fish - seriously it's not worth the time! I was helping my son out on his game the other night because he had to go do something shortly after being hired so I told him I'd do his fishing for him while he did the thing he had to do - It was super annoying and took me 30 minutes at the least (I stopped paying attention to the clock after that) to do 1 small lake and that was with reloading the farm every 3 to 5 minutes! I had to ask him when he came back, how he does it! I don't have the patience to do all that clicking for a measly 1 xp - since that is what pretty much every player on this game is after are the XP's. Such a low amount just isn't cutting it in reality. Perhaps they can make it 1xp PER fish or something to make it worth the time and effort those who do not have any Turbo boats put into doing the fishing. Or just do away with the poles and small boats and just make them turbo (like the purple) one to start with! no one wants to spend all day clicking away , I feel sorry for those hired with small fishing implements to do farms layered with hundreds of waters! they have to be buying a new mouse a week! and have carpal tunnel syndrome after 1 farm!
Old Oct 07 2018, 04:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by atvchick95 View Post
Why do we get such a small amount of xp for fishing? when I first noticed we were getting it I didn't know how much from just fishing until a couple days ago when I did a farm that had nothing but waters, it was just small lakes and rivers , when I clicked to get my bonus I saw 14 xp - I stopped and counted the waters there were exactly 14 total of the above 2 types!

So We only get 1 xp for fishing!? That is not worth it for most players. I have a turbo boat(the 1st one that came out that's purple- I've not seen a reason to upgrade it lol) so It doesn't really bother me 1 click and i'm done. However, for those who have no boats and have to use a pole, or only have the small boats, 1 xp to click a billion times to catch 16, 32, and so on fish - seriously it's not worth the time! I was helping my son out on his game the other night because he had to go do something shortly after being hired so I told him I'd do his fishing for him while he did the thing he had to do - It was super annoying and took me 30 minutes at the least (I stopped paying attention to the clock after that) to do 1 small lake and that was with reloading the farm every 3 to 5 minutes! I had to ask him when he came back, how he does it! I don't have the patience to do all that clicking for a measly 1 xp - since that is what pretty much every player on this game is after are the XP's. Such a low amount just isn't cutting it in reality. Perhaps they can make it 1xp PER fish or something to make it worth the time and effort those who do not have any Turbo boats put into doing the fishing. Or just do away with the poles and small boats and just make them turbo (like the purple) one to start with! no one wants to spend all day clicking away , I feel sorry for those hired with small fishing implements to do farms layered with hundreds of waters! they have to be buying a new mouse a week! and have carpal tunnel syndrome after 1 farm!
Hi atvchick,
If you wish to make a suggestion about the XP for fishing please post it in the Suggestion section where we organize the suggestions by subject for the developers to view. You can not start a new thread there but you can reply to one that fits your suggestion.
Old Oct 25 2018, 05:44 PM

Can you pass on to the developers to work on getting rid of the GREEN SWAMP GAS on my fishing ponds its hard to see. Thanks
Old Oct 25 2018, 06:02 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer Nascar Joe View Post
Can you pass on to the developers to work on getting rid of the GREEN SWAMP GAS on my fishing ponds its hard to see. Thanks
Hi Joe

Sorry Joe you will need to rent a very large fan to blow the gas away.

Seriously though this is an affect of having too many waters on the farm, so the only thing you see is the edge of the water piece.
Old Jan 14 2019, 07:04 AM

Default yellowtail fish

Hi, I keep losing my yellowtail salmon,, a few weeks ago I turned off everything that uses it,, which is really only one thing,,but my amount kept going down, so then I turned off the entire facility for yellowtail ,but alas,, still losing them for no apparant reason,, I paid good money for the ponds to obtain yellowtail and it is frustrating to not have them build up the way I want them to,, thanks for any help you can give me,,,

Ok,, my bad,, lol,, I just checked the fishmarkets and they use yellowtail,, so I unchecked the yellowtail,, I didn't realize that was used in there,, it didn't say it when you check what yellowtail can be used for,, just shows the sushi,,, you may want to add that it is also used in the fish market,,,

Last edited by lizzard; Jan 14 2019 at 07:29 AM.
Old Jan 14 2019, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzard View Post
Hi, I keep losing my yellowtail salmon,, a few weeks ago I turned off everything that uses it,, which is really only one thing,,but my amount kept going down, so then I turned off the entire facility for yellowtail ,but alas,, still losing them for no apparant reason,, I paid good money for the ponds to obtain yellowtail and it is frustrating to not have them build up the way I want them to,, thanks for any help you can give me,,,
Hi lizzard

I moved your post to the thread about Fishing.

Yellowtail is used in the Sushi Restaurant but you also use it to stock the Fish Market and you have 5 of it.

When an item is used in a regular facility and a service facility, only the regular one is showed up if you click in the ? icon for that item, but you have full information in our game guide for Fishing in the following link:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=338874

LINKING YOUR FARM TO THE FORUM

SUPPORT TEAM

Granjera desde el 29 de Julio 2009

Tags
bait, fish, fishing, fishing rod, sea coast, turbo boat, waters