Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Aug 24 2018, 04:50 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbi-Sue View Post
A personal quest requires that I catch salmon. I own two lakes with boat and dock, I also own the small lake- all of which are suppose to have salmon in them, I fished all three of these lakes and my quest is still asking me to catch salmon. I am now at a loss as to what to do because there was clearly no salmon in the lakes which are suppose to have salmon.
Hi Bobbi-Sue,
Did you fish them yourself or did you hire someone to fish them for you? Anything for quests you have to do for yourself.

The amount you get of each fish is not a set amount, but is random. Though you didn't get any salmon this time then they will be ready again in 8 hours and you should get some then.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Aug 24 2018, 06:07 PM

I fished the two lakes with dock and boat myself, and I fished the little lake myself. The quest is still requiring that I get salmon and I completely frustrated because those two types of lakes are the only way to get salmon that I know of. If I wait another eight hours and fish them again they may not give me salmon again. I am baffled as to what I am to do next.
Old Aug 24 2018, 06:14 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbi-Sue View Post
I fished the two lakes with dock and boat myself, and I fished the little lake myself. The quest is still requiring that I get salmon and I completely frustrated because those two types of lakes are the only way to get salmon that I know of. If I wait another eight hours and fish them again they may not give me salmon again. I am baffled as to what I am to do next.
Hi Bobbi-Sue,
Only other thing I can suggest if you don't want to wait the time then try a life line. All 3 life lines can help with that as they are a basic ingredient.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Aug 29 2018, 12:31 AM

can someone please tell me where my bait is going? I have 3 fish farms and 2 tackle shops both my shops are unchecked and all my fish farms are checked I just unloaded my fish farms and have the same amount of bait as before I can't find it in my storage anywhere and don't know why it would go to storage in the first place.
Old Aug 29 2018, 06:37 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circle K Ranch View Post
can someone please tell me where my bait is going? I have 3 fish farms and 2 tackle shops both my shops are unchecked and all my fish farms are checked I just unloaded my fish farms and have the same amount of bait as before I can't find it in my storage anywhere and don't know why it would go to storage in the first place.
Hi Circle K Ranch,

I have just tested this and had no issues with it myself. Did you also reload your game and see if the bait got added to waters then?

If you did and the bait did not go to waters. Try clearing your FT memcache. To do that Click Here. A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another window. Then reload then test again. Make sure you make a note of what bait you have in each type of water, then open one fish farming plant and see how much bait is "Done", store just that bait then check your waters and see if that "Done" amount got added.
Old Aug 30 2018, 09:08 PM

Angry

Thanks for your help but it didn't work the only bait I'm getting to my ponds is from gifts I can't find it anywhere in my storage...
Old Aug 30 2018, 09:23 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circle K Ranch View Post
Thanks for your help but it didn't work the only bait I'm getting to my ponds is from gifts I can't find it anywhere in my storage...
Hi Circle K Ranch,
You will not see your bait in your storage. The only bait that shows in storage is from belt bonuses that you collect from others. It will only show in your waters.

Currently I see 40263 fresh water bait and 39856 salt water bait in your waters. I see you have 3 fish farming plants which will produce a total of 15,000 of each bait in a 24 hour period.

I also see you have 2 fishing tackle shops. If you have the baits checked in the tackle shops then those will use 5,000 of each bait per 24 hours if they are not worked by neighbors. If they are checked for the baits uncheck those so you are no longer losing bait in those.
Old Sep 04 2018, 09:07 PM

I have been layering one of my farms for fish using the orange hand I was wondering if the farm can be unstable if you do it all. So is there a limit on how much you can layer?
Old Sep 04 2018, 09:12 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevat508 View Post
I have been layering one of my farms for fish using the orange hand I was wondering if the farm can be unstable if you do it all. So is there a limit on how much you can layer?
Hi Kevat,
I am sorry, but we have no way to answer that question. It will depend on too many variables. Is there a limit? Yes, but it isn't a specific number of items.
Old Sep 04 2018, 09:16 PM

Thanks for the quick reply Taz I will just keep doing a bit at a time and see what happens.

Tags
bait, fish, fishing, fishing rod, sea coast, turbo boat, waters