Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Apr 07 2017, 09:01 AM

This is copied from Raul's new release notes :-
If this approach works fine, we will also change the Tree Shaker so it hide the items on click instead of showing the transparency/shadows, like the fishing, at least for the bigger extended mode tools.
Feeling totally unwanted in this game , unless palms are crossed with real money it seems we, the poor farmers are ignored and treated as second best, so we will have to put up with the delayed action whilst harvesting if the lesser tools are the only ones we can afford
Old Apr 07 2017, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannine_p View Post
- Bugfix: The smaller harvesters (non extended mode tools) were not highlighting the targeted fields correctly, sometimes it was highlighting fields that were not in the correct squared area for the tool

i am still having this same issue with the 6x6 harvest/plow/sow. it will still pick up a few squares of plots to the left of the target area. yes i have rn memcache a few times and reloaded. its happening on my farm 21 quest farm, named arm n a leg.
still having this issue, this morning i ran memcache, cleared flash files, cleared my net history, ran a clean all on my computer, and restarted it. still happening.
Old Apr 07 2017, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meirwen59@aol.com View Post
This is copied from Raul's new release notes :-
If this approach works fine, we will also change the Tree Shaker so it hide the items on click instead of showing the transparency/shadows, like the fishing, at least for the bigger extended mode tools.
Feeling totally unwanted in this game , unless palms are crossed with real money it seems we, the poor farmers are ignored and treated as second best, so we will have to put up with the delayed action whilst harvesting if the lesser tools are the only ones we can afford
Please don't feel unwanted - the EX tools are having the same issue. I use both the EX and highlighted tools and the 'transparency/shadows' are the same when harvesting trees and crops. Something in the game has changed just recently and everything seems to have slowed, even when switching to and loading other farms. Looks like they are aware of it and perhaps they will get it all figured out in the near future.
Old Apr 07 2017, 11:38 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Raul just added this information:

3. If the number of pending "Save" operations is bigger than 1, then instead of the disk we will show that number. So if you see a number 5 instead of the disk, it means there are 5 "Save" operations still to be emitted to our servers to "save" your farm work. This also means that if you close your browser at that moment without waiting for that number to go away and show a white disk instead, then the next time you get back to your farm you will have to redo that work again.

Notice that you can't click in the button to Save the operations because the game is already trying to Save the operations, they are just in a queue waiting to be completed by our servers. The speed at which they complete depends on several factors, the amount of items involved, the speed of the users internet connection, the speed of the user computer, etc.

But the most important thing of all, this is the way it has worked since the beginning of the game, 8 years ago, there is nothing new here, the only thing new is that now you are able to see the counter on the top right, and before there was no counter, but there was still the same queue of operations to be completed, under the hood, invisible to you.

We decided to show the counter just so you have a visible idea of how long it will take for the fishing operation to complete on our servers, now that we are hiding the water items immediately as you click on them.

For the trees, flowers, crops, etc, the counter is not technically necessary because that's why the shadow/transparent items are for, when there is a shadow/transparency on the items you click (crops, trees, etc) this means that the operation on those items has not completed yet on the server.

Again, you can just ignore that counter and continue doing the same thing you have been doing.

Or you can use it in your favor, for example if the counter starts to go up abnormally, you know there are some issues with the game, servers, or internet connection somewhere between your computer and our servers.
Thank you, I though there was something else new when I saw the numbers while I was harvesting crops, never went over a 2 so that's good.. now I know better than to leave the farm before the number is clear.. Thanks guys...
Old Apr 07 2017, 07:47 PM
Senior Moderator

Raul has just added the following:

Post-Release Updates - April 7th, 8:00PM

- On this released when we introduced some changes to the harvesting of trees and flowers, unintentionally we made it so when using the non-extended mode, that is to say, when using the old highlight mode, as you were clicking on the trees and flowers, you were not able to click on the transparent/shadowed trees or flowers to harvest the next set of plants, this caused some negative effect, as it required you to click exactly on the next still ready to harvest tree or flower, which required more precision, this behavior probably caused a lot of missed clicks and a general degraded experience when harvesting. Now it should be all back to the way it was a week ago in that respect. Even faster, according to our tests, with some other optimizations we have done lately.

More optimizations to come in the next few days and weeks.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 07 2017, 09:22 PM

whatever you did to affect how we plant, please redo it back to the way it was this morning. It's acting all screwed up now on how it highlights what is done and it won't plant horizontally properly, (I don't know how to explain this-that's the best I can do).
Old Apr 07 2017, 11:11 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

just happy to say I have no issues with anything in the latest update, all is working fine,
Old Apr 07 2017, 11:17 PM

i haven't read through every page of this thread, so bear with me if this has been mentioned or discussed already... when i'm planting or harvesting & re-plowing, the planted crops - and the re-plowed fields - disappear from my screen, even though i have my preferences set to 'show crops'... it never used to be this way, it's kinda nice to know where stuff is (some of my farms are rather large, and some of those have something 'extra', if you catch my drift)... if this modification was an 'april fools' joke, well, it's not very funny to be workin' away, and seeing stuff disappear from your screen, only to re-appear when you 'drop' the tool you're using...

rant over, have a good night...

"Do, or do not; there is no try." (Yoda)

A house is not a home without a cat.
Old Apr 07 2017, 11:28 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel7 View Post
whatever you did to affect how we plant, please redo it back to the way it was this morning. It's acting all screwed up now on how it highlights what is done and it won't plant horizontally properly, (I don't know how to explain this-that's the best I can do).
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertrucker View Post
i haven't read through every page of this thread, so bear with me if this has been mentioned or discussed already... when i'm planting or harvesting & re-plowing, the planted crops - and the re-plowed fields - disappear from my screen, even though i have my preferences set to 'show crops'... it never used to be this way, it's kinda nice to know where stuff is (some of my farms are rather large, and some of those have something 'extra', if you catch my drift)... if this modification was an 'april fools' joke, well, it's not very funny to be workin' away, and seeing stuff disappear from your screen, only to re-appear when you 'drop' the tool you're using...

rant over, have a good night...
Hi Angel7 & Supertrucker,
I have sent this off to the developers as I also was getting this since tonight's update.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 07 2017, 11:31 PM

Unhappy Harvesting an planting is a mess! even plowing!

The planting is a mess! I have used the h/p/p and I used my red seeder an it is messed up on both of them! The highlighting is gone an is not planting correctly like it did before the update! It is taking even longer to do ONE farm! It is also hard to just h/p the farm.

PLEASE FIX THIS!

As far as I can tell the 'shadowed' plots are gone now after you plant or they disappear as you are using the tool to plant the next 'block; an it messes that up too! Please bring the shadow back. I DON"T have the NEW tools either.
Closed Thread