Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Dec 23 2009, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccalby View Post
That is what raul is saying, he and slash key are changing it back but he needs our opinion
Yes, they need our opinion. In a nice, small, quiet font. My eyes were screaming after seeing Donella's post

It's a Wonderful Life
No Imagination
Chapel in the Woods
William's Tudor
Wildwood Doo Wop
Frozen in Time

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=1362884000
Old Dec 23 2009, 01:36 AM

Smile

I am very thankful to hear u plan to go back to the other way i really like being able to talk to my friends while we were working this new way took that away from me i like the suggestion for limiting hires i for 1 usually only hire one to do my farms and yes i mean farms i have 3 farm on her that i love to work on and i work on at least one everyday some time all of them in a day ive been doing this for awhile now and spent many hour on here and this is the only game i use i was thinking maybe u could use your new patch for the people that use multiple hires only, that might fix things for them cause ive been victim to that cause too to many people for too little farms maybe restricting them will help i dont know
Old Dec 23 2009, 01:36 AM

Thanks for listening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The change back won't be soon enough for me!!!!
Old Dec 23 2009, 01:40 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

THANK YOU FOR GOING BACK !!! I've been playing a while and love it, play everyday. I don't like to work in a crowd but just like someone said I have the option to leave and do sometimes. Can I assume when it goes back my screen will quit changing all the time? When trying to plant my plowed areas would disappear and when I would try to move the farm around on the screen it would go back to where it was, very frustrating. Thanks again for going back.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 23 2009, 01:41 AM
Acclaimed Farmer ( Level 25 )

Farmer Since: Dec 14 2009
Level:
Trophies: 11
XP:

Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!! I registered just to complain, I did post a complaint and then saw this new thread. (sorry) Thank you for going back to the old way.

As for the hiring, I say set a limit. Small farm 1 and 1, Large farm 2 and 2 and huge farm 3 and 3. I only hire 1 and I have a good size farm but I try to use friends or someone that is under lvl 15 or 20. It would stop the over lapping, but in all honesty people are greedy and there will always be issues but if I can only be playing for 3 weeks and get to level 25 then something is working! Good luck and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Visit The Wife's

Old Dec 23 2009, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul View Post
One of the alternatives that we considered was to only allow one worker harvesting and one worker plowing on your farm at the same time. This was also suggested by several other users on the other thread, however we thought that was going to be even more problematic.
Thanks so much for going back Raul!

I don't see what the problem is with fast harvesting and plowing. To me it seems like a skill... heck, it IS a skill.

I only hire one person to harvest my massive crops... I do that because I get 20-30% more for the harvest. It seems that NOBODY knows that little (Large) rule. When my worker gets exhausted and leaves... I hire ONE more.

When I hire others to plow, if no neighbor is around I hire a couple workers. What the heck it's not that big of a job... until this update.

Smile Please go back to the old way

I tried to play tonight with the changes that were made and it was not enjoyable. If you don't chose to change back, I really don't find it enjoyable and won't keep playing. I have talked to several people and they feel the same way. Leave it an option if a farmer wants to hire multiple workers! That is just part of the game. I can't tell you how many times tonight when I played that I clicked on a plot and it told me it was already done. It is awful, takes the fun out of it and is dreadfully slow! Thanks for listening to the feedback! It shows you truly want to please your players.
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Send a message via Yahoo to lcswdonna
Default Happy Farmer

Thanks so much for listening, I am sorry for griping, but intolerable is still intolerable and I love this game. I like the idea of limiting the amount of workers, but there could be some control over this, for instance, number of workers linked to number of spaces available to harvest or plow. I hate showing up to harvest 300 spaces with 8 farmers present. But on a large farm, four workers can still be workable and I also love visiting with my buddies and neighbors while working the spaces. Please do not take away the ability to layer, I love my trees where they are, it is so pretty with the crops surrounding them. Trees are my favorite part of this game, but they do not give the coins, and no exp past purchasing them initially. Like the animals, they are mostly worthy of eye candy. And just stacked on the sides is not as attractive or lifelike. Although I would never be able to put as many trees in my real fields as they limit sunlight. I am so glad that I will be able to get up in the morning and complete my harvesting and planting before heading to work. You guys are the best, that's why this game is the best. While I have your ear, wouldn't it be nice to be able to water the flowers in the farms while we wait for our coins to complete? I hate just leaving those dead looking flowers. Thanks again Bye

Visit 's Farm

Old Dec 23 2009, 01:43 AM

I always stayed till i got my coins and xp, but this new change is doing my head in, toooo slow.. if it doesn't get undone I and my friends are going back to pogo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul View Post
Hi There,

We have been monitoring you feedback and most likely we will be reverting to the old version early tomorrow and try to find a better compromise.

One of the alternatives that we considered was to only allow one worker harvesting and one worker plowing on your farm at the same time. This was also suggested by several other users on the other thread, however we thought that was going to be even more problematic.

Please provide some feedback about this other alternative on this thread, or if you rather prefer the way it was before, unlimited hiring, faster work but more potential for collisions and lost coins/XP.

thanks

--Raul
Old Dec 23 2009, 01:44 AM
Account Not Linked

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONELLA99 View Post
even if it is only you harvesting or plowing, the "wait i'm busy" sign is back and............................................... ......................it takes forever to harvest or plow................. too slow...................................
YES!! Its so bad. Im on here, often times, too long as it is.
This is way way too slow. Sometimes we are pressed for time
too. Have enough time for a quick visit but at this speed of doing
things.. there is no such thing as a "quick visit" LoL
(And I have a fast connection and good pc)
I love the concept of this but speed it up please.
Thanks Farm Town
Closed Thread