Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Mar 15 2014, 12:01 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan View Post
Oh man. Now that the mayor is helping, I've been sitting here working farms ALL MORNING LONG! LOLOL This has GOT to stop!

I have noticed one thing . . . there are some names I don't recognize as neighbors or even as FB friends whose facilities are showing up on my timeline and seem indistinguishable from those of my friend and neighbors. I click on them, but can't work facilities. I'm thinking maybe when my neighbors like a posting now, it's hard to distinguish that from those of people who ARE friends and neighbors? Is this part of the new FB thing or is it something FT can fix? I recognize MOST of my friends and neighbors but probably not all so this is a bit problematic.
That is your neighbors that either like or share their neighbors posts which then gets posted to your page. Only the working facilities can't be worked, but the bonus posts and ingredient requests that your neighbors post for their neighbors you can collect from them. I get bonuses from my neighbors that post their neighbors bonuses all the time. There is nothing that Slashkey and FT can do, it is all FB and the changes that they made.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Old Mar 15 2014, 12:03 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan View Post
Oh man. Now that the mayor is helping, I've been sitting here working farms ALL MORNING LONG! LOLOL This has GOT to stop!

I have noticed one thing . . . there are some names I don't recognize as neighbors or even as FB friends whose facilities are showing up on my timeline and seem indistinguishable from those of my friend and neighbors. I click on them, but can't work facilities. I'm thinking maybe when my neighbors like a posting now, it's hard to distinguish that from those of people who ARE friends and neighbors? Is this part of the new FB thing or is it something FT can fix? I recognize MOST of my friends and neighbors but probably not all so this is a bit problematic.
That is a Facebook thing. You can tell them because there will be an additional line above saying So and So liked...
Also if you are looking in the Games Feed you will not see those.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 15 2014, 12:13 PM

Ok to whoever is suppose to be watching for this... I am told to post it here..i am still haveing the problems with the( opps ive done worked at this facility) when ive not worked there period even maybe in several days..or even if ive never worked there as they new neighbors and friends..this started after the new train feature came out..so hope this will be seen as we all looseing a lot of stuff and xps
Old Mar 15 2014, 12:38 PM
Account Not Linked

Good News. Thanks to all.
Old Mar 15 2014, 01:20 PM

just to let you know.......i'm still getting oops on the first farm that the mayor tries to work on ...........i'm using chrome and on server WF40
Old Mar 15 2014, 01:22 PM

Last night I tried working facilities for 4 neighbors. Each time I got to the first farm for each one, I was only prompted to water, rake or whatever. After doing this I then tried both refreshing their farm and going back to their original hire request post. I would return to their farm but never got the work facility pop up.

On another note, now when I go to the Market to Hire someone I cry out:
"Who wants to shake a tree farm? I have fuel and the tools for YOU to use"

Thank you Developers for this!
xoxoxo
Old Mar 15 2014, 01:28 PM

Working client requests from neighbors -- continue to get the "Oops already worked these" on the first farm; happens with Chrome, IE and Opera browsers.

The new automated level announcements and going to the store: very annoying because they kick me out of what I'm doing. Hasn't happened yet while working for others, but when I'm planting it kicks me out of plant mode and I have to go back to get my seeder and then to the store to get the seeds again. This is extremely annoying -- can you add an option for those of us who don't want the automated announcements? Please? Pretty please?

ADDENDUM: Working as a neighbor (taking care of their farm while they're offline for family business), doing a harvesting job for someone else -- leveled up and got booted from the job when the level up announcement popup and store popup appeared. PLEASE TURN THIS OFF!!!

Last edited by ArielB; Mar 15 2014 at 05:04 PM. Reason: additional information
Old Mar 15 2014, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
That is a Facebook thing. You can tell them because there will be an additional line above saying So and So liked...
Also if you are looking in the Games Feed you will not see those.
Thanks, Taz. Perfect.

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Mar 15 2014, 01:34 PM
Account Not Linked

i have noticed that the "oops" message comes sometimes on the 1st farm I am on - not sure if the mayor is working that farm and it doesn't happen all the time - kinda funky when it's the first time i've been there in a while
Old Mar 15 2014, 01:40 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugged Barbie View Post
Last night I tried working facilities for 4 neighbors. Each time I got to the first farm for each one, I was only prompted to water, rake or whatever. After doing this I then tried both refreshing their farm and going back to their original hire request post. I would return to their farm but never got the work facility pop up.

On another note, now when I go to the Market to Hire someone I cry out:
"Who wants to shake a tree farm? I have fuel and the tools for YOU to use"

Thank you Developers for this!
xoxoxo
When you get the rake or whatever, try clearing the memcache and then go back again. That usually works for me.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Closed Thread