Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Sep 01 2012, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulcinea View Post
I don't know, I've never used a lifeline before. When I see I can't do a quest, I just ignore it; but I make chocolate chip cookies all the time and thought I could do this one.

How do I get a gift lifeline?
Click on the ring in the upper hand corner!
Old Sep 12 2012, 11:59 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

This has now become really silly. 6 out of the last 7 quests I have received, I can't do because I don't own the fac. It seems to be getting worse and any plea to have a way out of doing a quest has fallen on deaf ears. I realize you can ignore the quest, but it's really stupid to have be bothered by several quests at the same time until they expire.

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Sep 12 2012, 05:34 PM

WEll, I have those quests also... but on the up side, and I must admit I own most of the factories, those that I can complete really do add the coins to my stash... in the past month I think I have earned enough to complete the next upgrade for a new farm. Those that I do not own, I just ignore. Thank you all...
Old Sep 12 2012, 09:34 PM

I have had to buy the factories that were needed for the quest,but I will not do so in the future!
There isn't enough coins gained to make it worth while nor is any cash!
Old Sep 12 2012, 11:10 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by oltom61 View Post
I have had to buy the factories that were needed for the quest,but I will not do so in the future!
You didn't have to buy those factories, you could have let the quest expire, purchasing those facilities was of you own free will.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Old Sep 14 2012, 02:39 AM
Account Not Linked

Default picture of facility not showing in quest

I've been doing the quests for only a short while (wasn't farming for months and months) and I've noticed something today that might be of interest to some of you. I haven't read through the whole thread so please excuse if this has been mentioned before.

When I came to do the last step I noticed that the facility wasn't showing in the window like it usually is. I went ahead and loaded the fac and came back to check and all seemed ok.

Just checked now expecting it to be completed and it hadn't even started! But... this time the fac was showing so I loaded the fac and checked the quest again.

This time it has engaged and registering that the fac is producing the item.

It's the creme de menthe quest jic it has some relevance.

I've learnt something from this - if the fac isn't showing in the window then the product is not being produced.

Has anyone else noticed this and is my conclusion correct?
Old Sep 14 2012, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onamission View Post
I've been doing the quests for only a short while (wasn't farming for months and months) and I've noticed something today that might be of interest to some of you. I haven't read through the whole thread so please excuse if this has been mentioned before.

When I came to do the last step I noticed that the facility wasn't showing in the window like it usually is. I went ahead and loaded the fac and came back to check and all seemed ok.

Just checked now expecting it to be completed and it hadn't even started! But... this time the fac was showing so I loaded the fac and checked the quest again.

This time it has engaged and registering that the fac is producing the item.

It's the creme de menthe quest jic it has some relevance.

I've learnt something from this - if the fac isn't showing in the window then the product is not being produced.

Has anyone else noticed this and is my conclusion correct?
Normally it will just be a shower until you have completed the steps needed before starting that step. If it is a shadow, check and make sure all the previous steps are completed.
Old Sep 14 2012, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oltom61 View Post
Many times the quest has rewarded me with enough coins to warrant buying the missing coin facility. I think I only remember 2 times it didn't, and the last one was just the other day. The facility cost me 3million coins and I was awarded 2 and a half I believe. I did also buy an ingredient that cost less than half a million as well. But, I still consider it worth it. After all, it is kind of like getting the item on sale. The item I was making only had 2 steps I believe. To get over 2 million for doing it, is pretty good. Besides I have done some quests where I made over 10 million coins. I think the quests are great ways to make lots of coins, but you need to be smart, so you can get them done quickly. If it takes a cash facility I don't have for the last step, I ignore it. IF it takes a cash facility that is not the last step, I will wait normally till it has less than a day to go and click on the lifeline. Sometimes I can do it, sometimes I can't. I don't want my lifeline tied up with a quest I cannot complete, so only use it right away on quests I can complete. Really, they are great lifelines if you use them correctly. However, that said, sometimes you get a lifeline that will not help for the quest at all.
Old Sep 14 2012, 11:23 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynthiaSue View Post
Normally it will just be a shower until you have completed the steps needed before starting that step. If it is a shadow, check and make sure all the previous steps are completed.
Good advice CynthiaSue. I mouse over the last step as a quick check on where I'm up to cos of the green highlight of uncompleted steps. However, this time all the steps were completed and the fac still wasn't showing. A glitch somewhere I guess, but now I know to ensure that the fac is there even if I hafta refresh before I fire up the fac to complete the quest.
Old Sep 17 2012, 06:42 AM

Not able to accept quests!

Won't let me click on "accept quest".....