Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Mar 01 2012, 10:35 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I too would like an accept or refuse quest option if I haven't got the facs to complete one but the main thing annoying me at the moment is that I keep getting the same quests. This week I have had 2 make a wheelbarrow and 2 make a trophy ( haven't got the facs) but that's not the point. They come up within in a couple of days of each other and the other one hasn't even expired. I'm quite willing to skip ones I can't complete but please can I not see the same ones all the time.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Mar 01 2012, 10:48 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahra01 View Post
Helen, I couldnt agree more and Im so glad you said this.

I love the quests! Im tired of hearing people say that they refuse point blank to buy facilities (and support the devs for their hard work) yet complain when they cant finish a quest. This game can be played for free so if you dont want to invest in it thats ur choice.. but you seriously cant expect the same rewards, that those of us that do pay, do get! I annoys me like you wouldnt believe that non payers expect the same playing field that payers get. Im glad the devs do this and reward us. Its about time people realised that whilst the devs obviously love what they do, ultimately it is a business like any other business. People then say that because they cant finish a quest because they dont have the facility, they should be able to cancel that quest and try for another! Why should that be an option when people that do have facs have to complete it before they can start another one the next day? If you dont want to buy the facs required.. then dont do the quests.. its that simple but for the love of mary, quit complaining about it! You have a choice!

PS.. "you" = players .. not you personally Helen lmao

I agree completely except on the lifelines. Let us choose which one we want. The one you get might not work for you or that spacific situation. The TV show 'Cash Cab' offered lifelines but let the contestants choose between them. GO QWESTS and let the whiners whine!

ThanXXX Devs!

Visit 's Farm

Last edited by i try; Mar 01 2012 at 10:59 PM.
Old Mar 02 2012, 06:14 AM

Hmmmm......... Read a couple of pages...........couldn't help thinking this is sounding very political, using words like "payers who support the game vs. non-payers who don't, and entitlement mindset".

We could name it the Soverign Nation of Farmtown, elect a Prime Minister / President and Treasurer.................etc.

I've done a couple of quests, but they're not paramount to the game. The key word being "game".
Old Mar 02 2012, 08:21 AM

Level:
XP:

The Quests are fun, and I'm GLAD they are optional...because of them I've bought several facilities that I really didn't want...but to finish the Quest. I'm a more than a bit miffed. I've noticed that the Quests want me to spend my real cash to afford more factories for even more for future Quests.
I've also lost count of the real dollars I've spent on this game for things. $100+
Why can't I get a product, Example as a Diamond Vase, from working in my NEIGHBORS Ceramic Factory for the Quests ??????
I refuse to buy more factories just to finish a Quest. I already have more facilities than I care to count.
Old Mar 02 2012, 08:43 AM

One more time. Has anyone gotten to a point where they have 5 concurrent Quests open? Developers take note. I haven't heard of a single player who was able to attain this milestone. The silence is deafening!!
Just asking for what was promised - not complaining. The quests are great!!! But since none of them take 5 days, it really is impossible to have 5 going at the same time. Even if I stall on some of them, most expire before 5 days are up.
Old Mar 02 2012, 10:19 AM

Level:
XP:

I don't know if any one has just let things play out. I have had several quests that I do not have facilities for. Like gym equipment. I did as much as possible on each quest. When the time had run out on those quests they just disappeared. I have stopped buying some facilities because of running out of supplies in the 2 different mines. So there is and end game in not doing these quests. I just figured that I should let all of you know what I found out!!! Thanks to the monitors for helping
Old Mar 02 2012, 10:31 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba 947 View Post
One more time. Has anyone gotten to a point where they have 5 concurrent Quests open? Developers take note. I haven't heard of a single player who was able to attain this milestone. The silence is deafening!!
Just asking for what was promised - not complaining. The quests are great!!! But since none of them take 5 days, it really is impossible to have 5 going at the same time. Even if I stall on some of them, most expire before 5 days are up.
No where did they promise you would have 5 open quests at the same time.

This is from the New Release - January 21 it reads as follows:
Quote:
- You can have several active Quests at the same time depending on your level, here is the table:

Level 30.....1 Max Active Quests
Level 50.....2 Max Active Quests
Level 100....3 Max Active Quests
Level 150....4 Max Active Quests
Level 200....5 Max Active Quests
It says you CAN HAVE no where in the above does it say we promise you to have 5 quests open at the same time.
Old Mar 02 2012, 11:14 AM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottsy1 View Post
Was feeling rather pleased as I had managed to produce a fish dinner quite quickly....until I got to the very last part which was to load the fish dinner at the hospital....I have no hospital....do not want to spend Farmcash buying one....cannot load fish dinner so quest failed if I don't complete it.... I was enjoying doing these quests but I don't think it's worth it now when you are unable to complete. Farmtown should show you all the steps involved before you accept it. (
Do you know that once you open it, you can mouse over and even click each step and it will tell you what you need to finish it before you start it? This also gives you enough info so that you know whether to open your lifeline or not, which is VERY important! If you cannot, or don't want to, finish the quest, DO NOT OPEN YOUR LIFELINE! As of now, you can only have one lifeline open at a time, so if the one you can't finish is a 7 day quest, you will not be able to open another lifeline until that quest expires. This is crazy and I hope they fix it next update for all the people who con't or won't buy FC buildings.

Server WF37, W10, Chrome.

Need help timing quests/crops/trees/dinner? Google 'Farm Report Alarm', it rocks the game!
Visit 's Farm

Old Mar 02 2012, 11:30 AM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger Margee View Post
The Quests are fun, and I'm GLAD they are optional...because of them I've bought several facilities that I really didn't want...but to finish the Quest. I'm a more than a bit miffed. I've noticed that the Quests want me to spend my real cash to afford more factories for even more for future Quests.
I've also lost count of the real dollars I've spent on this game for things. $100+
Why can't I get a product, Example as a Diamond Vase, from working in my NEIGHBORS Ceramic Factory for the Quests ??????
I refuse to buy more factories just to finish a Quest. I already have more facilities than I care to count.
The quests are optional, why are you spending money if you don't want to? You can still play this game exactly as you always have without the quests, it's pointless to complain about something you have total control over, no one is forcing you to do this but yourself. Ignore the quests if you don't want to spend any real money. People have to realize this and stop complaining, it's your choice!!! Hope you go back to having fun and not worrying about it!

Server WF37, W10, Chrome.

Need help timing quests/crops/trees/dinner? Google 'Farm Report Alarm', it rocks the game!
Visit 's Farm

Old Mar 02 2012, 12:01 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnana View Post
The quests are optional, why are you spending money if you don't want to? You can still play this game exactly as you always have without the quests, it's pointless to complain about something you have total control over, no one is forcing you to do this but yourself. Ignore the quests if you don't want to spend any real money. People have to realize this and stop complaining, it's your choice!!! Hope you go back to having fun and not worrying about it!
That is completely correct, I agree, if people don't have the facility and doesn't want to pay real money for it just let it expire and either quit the quests or wait for the next one to open. I had one I couldn't do because I didn't have the facility and didn't want it, so I let the quest expire and waited for the next quest to open. Some people are saying that the quests FORCE them to purchase the facility to do the quest, WRONG, they in no way are being forced to purchase that facility if they don't want to. Most of the games on facebook, keep having pop ups wanting you to buy their form of game cash and I HAVE NEVER EVER saw Farmtown ever use any pop ups to get people to purchase their Farm Cash, if people want to purchase Farm Cash they can and if they don't want to they don't have to, it is their option. Yes, I have purchased Farm Cash, but that was my option to make my game better and no I don't have a lot of money to spend on it, I am disabled on a fixed income, but now and then I am able to purchase some. Like the old saying goes, "you can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please all the people all of the time".