Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Feb 20 2018, 03:51 PM

Default New Release -- February 20th, 2018

See Known Issues, More Information and Post Release Updates at the end of this post. Last changes released on March 15th, 9:10PM.

Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following new features: En Español AQUI

1. 25 New Levels: 25 new items in the Buildings, Farm Decor, Motion, Fun, Other and Furniture categories in the store.

2. Last 5 expansions for Farm 35, see prices below:

34x34 - 27500000000 coins or 30 FarmCash
36x36 - 28000000000 coins or 30 FarmCash
38x38 - 28500000000 coins or 30 FarmCash
40x40 - 29000000000 coins or 30 FarmCash
42x42 - 29500000000 coins or 30 FarmCash
44x44 - 30000000000 coins or 30 FarmCash

3. Preferences Screen Improvements:

a) Added 'All' and 'None' buttons in the top section to quickly enable or disable all the checkboxes.

b) 'Enable NCC' option: This will allow you to not get automatically enrolled in the Neighborhood Chains Contest when working your facilities. Your neighbours will not see you as part of their team.

c) 'Autoselect Tools' option: This will allow you to enjoy the same experience as when you are farming while hired for multiple jobs, when there is no more work available in the farm for the tool you are currently using the game will switch you automatically to the next job available on that farm and will select the best tool for you. This feature will not work on Quest Farms because is difficult to know the best tool the user would like to use. Also, notice that once you land on one of your farms with work available the system will not automatically select a tool for you, you will always have to select the first tool yourself.

d) 'Skip Religious Facilities' option: This will hide all religious facilities when working your neighbour facilities and also from your quests.

e) 'Eye' options removed: From now on the Eye icon will only switch between Close and Open, the Semi-Open stage was not working properly for months now and it was making things more complex in our backend.

4. Regular Crop Tools 20 x 20 (Non-Extended mode) (FC): With these regular crop tools you can work on 400 crop fields at a time.

Note 1: The Harvester, Seeder and the Combines are located right above the corresponding 18x18 version of these tools, not at the top of the column in the Toolbox.

Note 2: These tools do not have the Extended Mode behavior of other tools and are primarily intended for players who do not overlap fields on their farms.

5. Other Minor Improvements:

- When hired, we reduced the time that it takes to automatically switch tools from up to 4 seconds to about 1 second.

BugFix: The generic 'Multiple Facilities' icon was not showing for service chains that could import products from multiple regular chains.

BugFix: The Ingredient Planner was including (Export) products in all calculations. Since (Export) products can not be used in your own facilities, they are now excluded.

- When loading the game the chat screen will show something like 'Chat Server: F##, Farm Server: W###'. This will provide us with more information when you report problems in the game.

6. Facility Chains Manager improvements released in the past weeks:

a) The Export button in the 2nd tab of the Facility Chains Manager can now be light blue. This means that you have products available in storage to Export to your neighbours and that your neighbours have the required chains to import those products, however none of your neighbours have enough room in their staging areas to import any more products.

b) When importing products, a Neighbour / Buddy / Friend / Non-Friend button will show up under the photo of the player that exported you those products.

c) Added the Facility Chain title to the screens where you Export and Import products so you have better context.

d) In the second tab of the Facility Chains Manager, next to the 'Export Products To' button, usually the picture of a facility is shown, however some factory chains can export products to multiple service chains, when this happens we will show a generic facility picture and when you mouse over it you will see a full list of service chains to which that factory chain can export products to. The same applies for service chains that can import products from multiple factory chains.

e) There is a new checkbox in the confirmation message when you are about to export / import products so you can disable that message in the current session.

f) Better feedback when you are importing products and not enough coins are available.

7. Ambulance Supplies Factory (FC): Produces Ambulance Supplies.

Oxygen Outlet
Warning Lightbar
Spinal Board
Gurney
Emergency Thermal Blanket
Soft Cervical Collar
Manual Resuscitator
Portable Suction Unit

8. British Pie Shop (Coins): Produces Savory Pies.

Butter Pie
Minced Beef Pie
Scotch Pie
Quiche Pie
Chicken Mushrooms Pie
Pork Pie
Steak and Ale Pie
Salmon Wellington

New products from other facilities: Lard in the Semi-Trailer Truck.

9. Ambulance (FC): Provides Emergency Medical Services and can be stocked with products from the Ambulance Supplies Factory.

10. Flower Stand (Coins): Provides Flower Street Market Services and can be stocked with flowers from your farm.

Note: This facility works like the Fish Market we released last year in the sense that it is stocked with primary products collected from the farm instead of products made in other facilities.

11. Taste of Canada (FC): Provides Canada Cultural Exchange and Food Tasting Services and can be stocked with products from the Canadian Restaurant.

12. Taste of Cuba (Coins): Provides Cuba Cultural Exchange and Food Tasting Services and can be stocked with products from the Cuban Restaurant.

Enjoy!

--Raul

PS. For the next release we will me making some changes in relation to how your total neighborhood score is calculated in the Neighborhood Chains Contest. The plan is to make your individual contribution at least as important as the total contribution of all your neighbours participating in the contest. What we will most likely do is that when you earn one XP, instead of adding one to your neighborhood score we will add as many points as neighbours you have participating in the contest, so if you have 5 neighbours participating we will add 5 to your total neighborhood score.

This way if you make a great effort, you will have a better chance to get a prize even if your neighbours are slow on that week. The opposite is also true, if you are not active in a particular week, your chances to earn a prize will be much less, even if all your neighbours are very active.

Post-Release Info - February 21st, 12:05AM

- We forgot to mention in the main announcement above that posting for help from inside the funeral or religious facilities has been disabled. This is so people don’t use those facilities to post and avoid other people marking those posts as offensive which can negatively impact the game. Just use any other facility to ask for help.

Post-Release Info - February 21st, 4:00AM

- Released the Ambulance Supplies Factory, Ambulance, Flower Stand, Taste of Canada and Taste of Cuba facilities. The British Pie Shop will be released later today.

Post-Release Info - February 21st, 6:30PM

- Released the British Pie Shop

- BugFix: Some shortcuts are not staying in place once you reload the game.

- BugFix: When using the Seeder or Combine Harvest-Plant and there is no more work available, the walk tool is not automatically selected like it was happening before.

- There is a possibility that the bug below is also fixed however we are not 100% sure, so please report on this thread if you are still experiencing it:

"- When hired or working as a super neighbour or when the 'Autoselect Tools' preference is enabled, sometimes the switching of the tools happens too quickly, leaving unharvested items in the farm."

Post-Release Info - February 21st, 7:35PM

- BugFix: The new Flower Stand service facility is showing an incorrect feedback saying that coins were deducted.

- BugFix: The Scotch Pie was not finding the Lamb Meat in storage even when there was available. If you had a quest to make Scotch Pie during this time you will have to let it expire, it will not fix itself.

Post-Release Info - February 23rd, 3:00PM

- BugFix: Some tools were incorrectly auto-selected when working as an employee for jobs that the employee was not hired for.

Post-Release Info - February 26th, 6:30PM

- Released 25 new Levels.
- BugFix: When working as a super neighbour, the boat tool was not operating correctly in farms containing Koi Ponds and Beaches.
- BugFix: Cuban Restaurant not appearing in the Facility Chains list.

Post-Release Info - February 28th, 3:40AM

- BugFix: Slowness and crashes in Windows 10 computers when using the Show Work Info and Farm Stats features.

- BugFix: Incorrect cursor shown for the new Harvester and Harvest-Plow Combine 20x20.

Post-Release Info - March 1st, 5:30PM

- Released last years St Patrick items and 9 new items, 5 at the top of the St Patrick category in the store and 4 at the bottom.

Post-Release Info - March 1st, 11:30PM

- BugFix: Sometimes a user was registered in the NCC contest even when the 'Enabled NCC' checkbox was disabled in the preferences. Users registered by mistake this week will have to wait until next week for them to not appear in the NCC contests anymore.

Post-Release Info - March 12th, 10:15PM

- BugFix: The new Flower Stand service facility is showing an incorrect feedback saying that coins were deducted.

Post-Release Info - March 15th, 9:10PM

- Released 25 new Easter items, 10 as gift, 10 at the top of the Patrick-Easter category in the store and 5 at the bottom.

Known Problems:

- None

Last edited by Raul; Mar 15 2018 at 08:16 PM.
Old Feb 20 2018, 03:58 PM

Default Tnx

Thanks for the heads up

I purchased all the newest tools, however only three of them are showing up in my toolbox. non of the combines are showing.

Last edited by Perico429; Feb 28 2018 at 09:47 AM. Reason: add comment
Old Feb 20 2018, 03:58 PM

super - thank you :-)
Old Feb 20 2018, 04:09 PM
Senior Moderator

Thanks Raul!
Many additions to the Preferences, so please check those out.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Feb 20 2018, 04:14 PM

Thank you Raul !!
Old Feb 20 2018, 04:15 PM

MODS- just an FYI- i had this problem before and it got sorted rather quickly, but it started happening again a few minutes ago. when i use the show work info button or the farm stats, it is freezing up my farms. i am using chrome and windows 10, and i am on (Chat Server: F4, Farm Server: w203) . thanks!!
Old Feb 20 2018, 04:17 PM

New tools...cool. THANKS!!

Last edited by JudyD1651; Feb 20 2018 at 05:22 PM.
Old Feb 20 2018, 04:34 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannine_p View Post
MODS- just an FYI- i had this problem before and it got sorted rather quickly, but it started happening again a few minutes ago. when i use the show work info button or the farm stats, it is freezing up my farms. i am using chrome and windows 10, and i am on (Chat Server: F4, Farm Server: w203) . thanks!!
Hi jeannine,
Just give it some time as the servers are going to be very busy for a couple days as everyone gets on to check out the new items.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Feb 20 2018, 04:46 PM

Only the new PLOW is showing up on the toolbar listing. Can't see the rest of the new tools, nor add them to my personal toolbar.
Old Feb 20 2018, 04:51 PM

My new seeder doesn't sow using the square method as the others did.

Last edited by JudyD1651; Feb 20 2018 at 05:22 PM.
Closed Thread