Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Feb 03 2018, 08:48 AM

the slowest for me has been the opening of Farm Stats.

Many time in the last couple days, the page will open, but the pictures will take forever to appear.....usually the first one only, and then a long delay for others to start to appear. I have had to "X" out of FB all together and start over.

I know I have a lot on the farms but I do not place buildings over trees over crops etc. Everything stands on its own pixel
Old Feb 03 2018, 09:48 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneFace View Post
the slowest for me has been the opening of Farm Stats.

Many time in the last couple days, the page will open, but the pictures will take forever to appear.....usually the first one only, and then a long delay for others to start to appear. I have had to "X" out of FB all together and start over.

I know I have a lot on the farms but I do not place buildings over trees over crops etc. Everything stands on its own pixel
Hi StoneFace,

Thank you for your information

I tried Farm Stats and got a huge slow down as well and eventually gave up closed the tab with the farm open and reloaded. We have let the developers know about this as well.

By any chance have you also had a problem with the Show Work Info either from the Show Names in the grid top left or when using it to hire at market?

Are both your accounts in your signature having the problem? If not which one?

Last edited by Tiger Laybourne; Feb 03 2018 at 10:02 AM.
Old Feb 03 2018, 11:37 AM

Yes, both are having the same issue, one on WF36, one on WF37.

I most often hire at the market.... giving the work to lower levels. I have not had any complaints from them other than the occasional player who admits to using older and slower computers.

When I get hired (nice change of pace for me), I do notice a slight, very slight, delay in going from farm to farm and collecting bonuses.....but nothing like trying to load the Farm Stats

As I post this the farm stats page is opening without undo delay. And I have not noticed any delays in Show Work that I can remember..... but then I do not open that page very often
Old Feb 03 2018, 11:59 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneFace View Post
Yes, both are having the same issue, one on WF36, one on WF37.

I most often hire at the market.... giving the work to lower levels. I have not had any complaints from them other than the occasional player who admits to using older and slower computers.

When I get hired (nice change of pace for me), I do notice a slight, very slight, delay in going from farm to farm and collecting bonuses.....but nothing like trying to load the Farm Stats

As I post this the farm stats page is opening without undo delay. And I have not noticed any delays in Show Work that I can remember..... but then I do not open that page very often
OK Stoneface, thanks for your additional information
Old Feb 03 2018, 08:03 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I have been experiencing some of the same issues on WF3. This has been going on for the last couple of days...but thought it maybe was my computer. Glad to hear it may be a FT issue.
Old Feb 03 2018, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne View Post
Hi jkmer and Stoneface,

I have moved your post to the thread for game running slow. Is it any particular thing that is running slow?

Please see the first post on the first page and also the following post so you can check things from your end and try the server tests.
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352666
The worst is trying to load the blue world button (farm Stats) to check what needs to be done on my farms. I have cleaned the browsing data. cleaned farmtown shut off computer a number of times I have Wed. off so will get geek squad to check if I have a virus. I am not the most computer literate person so if I need to do something I may need a few simple instructions. Thanks for all of the help you offer. I just read that someone else on 37 was also having problems will try again tomorrow.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...368&farm_ix=23

Last edited by jkmyer; Feb 03 2018 at 09:22 PM.
Old Feb 03 2018, 09:18 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmyer View Post
The worst is trying to load the blue world button (farm Stats) to check what needs to be done on my farms. I have cleaned the browsing data. cleaned farmtown shut off computer a number of times I have Wed. off so will get geek squad to check if I have a virus. I am not the most computer literate person so if I need to do something I may need a few simple instructions. Thanks for all of the help you offer.
Hi jkmyer,
For the Farm Stats, this has been reported to the developers and we are waiting on a solution from them for this problem. Please be patient until they can find the problem and fix it.

For the rest, I doubt it is a virus. It may just be something as simple as one of the many links you have to go through to get to the Facebook app server and the additional links you have to go through to get to the Farm Town servers. Any one of those links could be having a slowdown due to a lot of traffic or a server problem . Unfortunately we have no way to check those. That would be something you just have to wait for the owner of that link to fix or for the traffic to lessen.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.

Last edited by Taz D; Feb 03 2018 at 09:29 PM.
Old Feb 03 2018, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi jkmyer,
For the Farm Stats, this has been reported to the developers and we are waiting on a solution from them for this problem. Please be patient until they can find the problem and fix it.

For the rest, I doubt it is a virus. It may just be something as simple as one of the many links you have to go through to get to the Facebook app server and the additional links you have to go through to get to the Farm Town servers. Any one of those links could be having a slowdown due to a lot of traffic or a server problem . Unfortunately we have no way to check those. That would be something you just have to wait for the owner of that link to fix or for the traffic to lessen.
Thanks for the info will wait and see what happens hopefully it will not be to long and I reread the suggestions at the beginning I will try those in the morning thanks again
Old Feb 04 2018, 01:25 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

add WF4 as I also have found it disgustingly slow today, has been slow for weeks but for some reason today has been especially bad.. did all the suggested things we are told... do them anyway regularly... decided to go watch netflix and gave up on farming.. hope it gets better soon .... never had it this slow since the game started in 2009..
Old Feb 04 2018, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmyer View Post
Thanks for the info will wait and see what happens hopefully it will not be to long and I reread the suggestions at the beginning I will try those in the morning thanks again
it is pretty much back to normal this morning thank you.

Tags
adobe flash plugin crash, farmtown too slow, flash player, shockwave, shockwave plug-in, slow, slow game