Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old May 16 2017, 08:50 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdaddie View Post
I am excited they found something to help with the massive amounts of memory the FarmTown uses. I surely will be testing it out to the max to see how well it works.

Bad news is NOW my wheel does not zoom in full screen mode. It is irritating because since the problem popped up for others a while back I made a decision NOT to upgrade my Chrome and it has worked flawlessly until a few hours ago. It worked fine at noon today. And I REPEAT: I have NOT updated my Chrome. Still the older version.
Hi mcdaddie,
You do know that Chrome can update itself. Look in your Task Manager and see if "Google Updater" is one of the processes listed.
If it is then Chrome can update automatically.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old May 16 2017, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi mcdaddie,
You do know that Chrome can update itself. Look in your Task Manager and see if "Google Updater" is one of the processes listed.
If it is then Chrome can update automatically.
Yes, thanks so much for your insight

Because of Chrome updates in the past, I turned off auto update on all things on my PC to preserve stability. In fact, I do not allow auto update of the OS either until it has a chance for bugs to be reported or not.
Old May 16 2017, 09:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Yes, thanks so much for your insight

Because of Chrome updates in the past, I turned off auto update on all things on my PC to preserve stability. In fact, I do not allow auto update of the OS either until it has a chance for bugs to be reported or not.
Hi Mcdaddie,
So do I , but if you go to the About Chrome to see what version you have then it automatically starts updating whether you have the auto update off or not. I found too that my older version also will not zoom in full screen. I don't use Chrome, but have it installed for when I need to check on things or help guide someone through issues.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old May 16 2017, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Hi Mcdaddie,
So do I , but if you go to the About Chrome to see what version you have then it automatically starts updating whether you have the auto update off or not. I found too that my older version also will not zoom in full screen. I don't use Chrome, but have it installed for when I need to check on things or help guide someone through issues.
Yes Taz, I have been a Chrome user since it first started. I never go to "about Chrome" just because of the auto update". But, for a test, (since it make no diff now) I will go there to see if it updates. Since this happened, I have never believed it had anything to do with Chrome, unless it was an update to Chrome causing it. But now, if my system updates Chrome, I will then go back to my original theory that a change in the game sparked the problem.
Old May 16 2017, 09:45 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Yes Taz, I have been a Chrome user since it first started. I never go to "about Chrome" just because of the auto update". But, for a test, (since it make no diff now) I will go there to see if it updates. Since this happened, I have never believed it had anything to do with Chrome, unless it was an update to Chrome causing it. But now, if my system updates Chrome, I will then go back to my original theory that a change in the game sparked the problem.
Hi mcdaddie,
How about it being a problem caused in the Flash Plugin that Chrome uses as it is only affecting the Chrome version of Flash. If the game had cause this then it would be affecting all the browsers.
Old May 16 2017, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Hi mcdaddie,
How about it being a problem caused in the Flash Plugin that Chrome uses as it is only affecting the Chrome version of Flash. If the game had cause this then it would be affecting all the browsers.
Good point, and since the memory enhancements they made was a flash thing, it could very well be the case. I will test that too.
Old May 16 2017, 10:48 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul View Post

Post-Release Updates - May 16th, 9:10PM

- Significantly reduced container preparation times for all ships based on how many total ships you have dispatched in the last 7 days. See more information in the release post above.

- Released an optimization that will cause the game to consume less memory so you will be able to navigate more farms without experiencing Flash crashes. Many more optimizations coming in the next weeks.
I have 6 ships dispatched and just started the 7th ship but it says I have dispatched no ships lately. Does it not go back and see what we have dispatched in the last 7 days meaning we have to go forward from today and that will count for the number dispatched?

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old May 16 2017, 11:28 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
I have 6 ships dispatched and just started the 7th ship but it says I have dispatched no ships lately. Does it not go back and see what we have dispatched in the last 7 days meaning we have to go forward from today and that will count for the number dispatched?
Hi JAS,
When you have the question mark open to see how many ships you have dispatched click on the line "What about my most recent dispatches?"

On the next pop up page it says "Please note that only those ships that were dispatched AFTER Wednesday, May 17, 2017 8:00 PM will be shown in this list."

And that I am sure is 8:00 PM Eastern Daylight Savings Time as that is the time used for the servers. So it won't actually start until tomorrow evening.
Old May 17 2017, 07:32 AM

When you have the question mark open to see how many ships you have dispatched click on the line "What about my most recent dispatches?"

On the next pop up page it says "Please note that only those ships that were dispatched AFTER Wednesday, May 17, 2017 8:00 PM will be shown in this list."

Probably a terrible dumb question... but ... WHAT "question mark" and where is it?? Can't find any except at top of game and that tells me nothing about ships ???
Old May 17 2017, 07:52 AM

Soooooo eager to start today's ship to see how many minutes each container takes! Thanks so much!

Also, was super happy to see this:

"- Released an optimization that will cause the game to consume less memory so you will be able to navigate more farms without experiencing Flash crashes. Many more optimizations coming in the next weeks."

YAYAYAYAYA!!!!!!!

AND . . . did you update the Co-op quest button timer? That one was always a bother because it would just say "ready in 1 day" for what seemed like forever - didn't give as much info as some of the other timers. I just checked mine and it said it would be ready in 23 hours and 45 minutes! That's new, right??? Or am I hallucinating again???

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Closed Thread