Go Back   Farm Town > New Forum Users > Game Guide

Closed Thread

Old Sep 03 2009, 09:11 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Heddryin Send a message via AIM to Heddryin Send a message via MSN to Heddryin
Post Chapter 07 - Farming

1. How do I plant seeds in my farm?
  2. How do I harvest fields and trees?
  3. How do I plow?
  4. How do I stop using the tool once I'm done?
  5. Can i make a farm a Private farm?

Last edited by Tiger Laybourne; Mar 22 2018 at 11:51 AM.
Old Sep 19 2009, 07:18 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Heddryin Send a message via AIM to Heddryin Send a message via MSN to Heddryin
Default How do I plant seeds in my farm?

First of all you need to plow fields. To do this use the tool as shown above.

Once you done this you need to seed. To seed on your farm you need to go to the store and pick a seed that you want to use. If you have a purchased a seeder ( 1x2 , 2x2 or 3x3 ) you can click on the Seeder and access the store that way - you will need to do it like this to be able to plant multiple plots with the seeder.

After you've done this then your cursor will be accompanied by a small bag of seeds.
Click on the plowed fields with your cursor and the field appear with seeds.
Note: seeds are billed when you click on the field plowed and plant them.

Last edited by Tiger Laybourne; Aug 10 2017 at 05:46 PM. Reason: updating seeder info
Old Sep 19 2009, 07:30 PM

Default How do I harvest fields and trees?

Once your crops are ready to be collected, use the "Harvest" tool (picture above) and click on the field you wish to harvest.
When you first harvest for the day a pop-up menu gives you the opportunity directly sell your harvest, or store.
It would be better to opt for storage as this will earn you more money when you sell your crops to market.
A window asking if you want to keep this setting until the end of the session will appear. If you select "Yes", you will harvest each field in a single click. Otherwise, you will need to choose for each field as to whether you want to sell directly or place in storage.

Last edited by Tiger Laybourne; Dec 20 2016 at 01:54 PM.
Old Sep 19 2009, 07:30 PM

Default How do I plow?

Plowing Tool To plow, simply click on this tool.

If you want your plots to be right up against each other instead of having space between each one, you must first make sure that "remove spaces between fields" is checked in the preferences menu (under the wrench/spanner icon). Fields which are already plowed or harvested must be deleted first and replowed with this option checked in order to get them right up against each other.

Last edited by Tiger Laybourne; Dec 20 2016 at 01:50 PM.
Old Sep 19 2009, 07:33 PM

Default How do I stop using the tools once I'm done?

Click on the little green man to turn off the use of tools.

Last edited by Tiger Laybourne; Dec 20 2016 at 01:53 PM.
Old Mar 22 2018, 11:49 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!
Default Can i make a farm Private?

Can i make a farm Private?

Yes. If you wanted to prevent anyone going to a farm for any reason, perhaps you are decorating it and want to wait until it's finished before you let others see it, it is possible to make it a Private farm. You can make all but one farm Private. You will not be able to hire anyone to work a private farm. Super Neighbours will not be able to irrigate or water a Private farm.
  • Go to the farm you want to make Private.
  • Click on the name of the farm at the top of your game screen and a window will open.
  • Place a check mark in the box for "Make this a private farm".
  • Then click the green check mark to save.

The other three options in that window are as follows >>

Make this My Default Farm - adding a check mark here means anyone visiting you would be taken to that farm, for example via clicking on your avatar at market or visiting you through the neighbour bar option.

Make this a Quest farm - If you own the Animal Harvesters, adding a check mark here would prevent the animal sheds being harvested using the Harvest All button at the top of the Facility Manager, which can be useful for Quest purposes. If you don't own any of the Harvest All tools, (Animal Harvesters) then this option is not available to you.

Disable Super-Neighbour Farming - This will prevent your Super Neighbours from doing any farming work on this farm. You may want to do this for a farm you are designing or have designed or a quest farm where you do not want anything worked on.

Super Neighbours will not be able to use any of the mobile sprinklers to irrigate or water your Quest or Private farms Note: On a Quest farm, the flowers can be watered using the watering can.

Note: Facility work - You can not post facility work from facilities on a Private farm. You will have to use other facilities on farms that are not Private. Your friends will not be able to go to the farm that is private to work those facilities. However if you have enough farms with work on them for the mayor to take over and do the last 40 to 60% the mayor will do those facilities. Those with the 2 trains that allows them to work all facilities from the farm they arrive on will be able to work facilities on a Private farm.

Last edited by Tiger Laybourne; Sep 01 2018 at 04:52 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
default farm, harvest, plant, plow, private, private farm