Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Sep 22 2023, 02:18 AM

1744111875 Build No: 553
Other Wall Requests: Cannot Send a Gift under this heading - needs to be taken out of this section. Thank you.
Old Sep 22 2023, 05:57 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dleenorris View Post
1744111875 Build No: 553
Other Wall Requests: Cannot Send a Gift under this heading - needs to be taken out of this section. Thank you.
Hi dleenorris,

When you see someone request a specific gift in Other Wall Requests like Send Fuel Tank or Send Cherry Tree, you can just click on the link and then the link will change to red text saying either Gift Sent or Already Sent depending on if you can send the gift or not.

With the more generic link Send A Gift you can't do those from there. If you click on one of those you should be seeing a message telling you that gifting has moved in game.

If that's how the send gift links are behaving for you in Other Wall Requests then it's working as it should be.

A lot of farmers did not get registered until very late so for now the generic send gift link and it's associated message has to stay there.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Oct 01 2023, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrabs View Post
my facility wall requests from other players all show up that I have already worked those facilities when I have not worked them in the last 24 hours. This is really causing an issue with my neighborhood chains contest. I have cleared my cash and tried logging in on different browsers and I still get the same message that the mayor has already helped with those facilities. I am 100 percent positive I have not worked those in the last 24 hours.
Mine are doing the same thing. I tried working them since I knew I hadn't worked them in 12 hour or more and most said that I'd already worked them today. I have cleared my cache and logged back in and it's not showing correctly yet. Maybe there's a glitch?
Old Oct 01 2023, 04:11 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFMad View Post
Mine are doing the same thing. I tried working them since I knew I hadn't worked them in 12 hour or more and most said that I'd already worked them today. I have cleared my cache and logged back in and it's not showing correctly yet. Maybe there's a glitch?
Hi RFMad,
There isn't any glitch. Also there isn't any 12 hour rule to rework an individual's facilities or services.
To rework any facilities you must have had a full 8 hours of not working ANY facility or service posts. It is not based on when you work that individual's facility posts.

If you check the Show Times (clock ) in your tool box it will show you how long you have to wait before you can rework any facilities or services.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Oct 01 2023, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi RFMad,
There isn't any glitch. Also there isn't any 12 hour rule to rework an individual's facilities or services.
To rework any facilities you must have had a full 8 hours of not working ANY facility or service posts. It is not based on when you work that individual's facility posts.

If you check the Show Times (clock ) in your tool box it will show you how long you have to wait before you can rework any facilities or services.
Thanks -- I just haven't had this happen before.
Old Oct 01 2023, 04:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFMad View Post
Thanks -- I just haven't had this happen before.
Hi RFMad,
From the Game Guide Chapter 9 about hiring:
Reworking Neighbors Facilities:

Explaining the time between working a friends facilities before you can rework that same friend's post again.

To simplify the answer it was originally stated that you had to wait a day. Meaning that if you spend at least 8 straight hours in a day without playing FarmTown (when you sleep, eat breakfast, etc, most people will fall in this category) you will be able to work your friends facilities at least once per day.

If you wanted to work them say twice per day.... when you have stopped working friends facilities, you must also have an 8 hour break from working ALL friends facilities, no matter whose they are!

Example:
IF at Noon/Midday you stop working ALL friends facilities and take a minimum 8 hour break where you do NOT work any facilities at all for any of your friends.
After 8pm you will be able to work ALL your friends facilities, including the ones you worked before Noon.
NOTE: If you are only one second too early this will not work!!!

There is a countdown timer that resets to 8 hours each time you work facilities. There is one for Regular Facilities and another one for Service Facilities.

To help you with this, there is a tool in your toolbox called Show Times (looks like a clock). Click on it and then Look in the Gamewide section. Toward the bottom are the timers for Facilities.

Always reload your game before you want to rework facilities and check the Show Times!

If you want to be 100% sure that you have had a long enough gap between working each type facilities make sure that before you work any at all for any friend, that you check that you have a green check mark for Rework Facilities and Rework Service Facilties. Then, and only then, can you rework the facilities.

If there are no green check marks showing you are too soon to start working them and need to wait longer. The time showing will help you know when that will be,, you can mouseover the times to see more informtaion, but always check for those green check marks.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Oct 01 2023, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi RFMad,
From the Game Guide Chapter 9 about hiring:
Reworking Neighbors Facilities:

Explaining the time between working a friends facilities before you can rework that same friend's post again.

To simplify the answer it was originally stated that you had to wait a day. Meaning that if you spend at least 8 straight hours in a day without playing FarmTown (when you sleep, eat breakfast, etc, most people will fall in this category) you will be able to work your friends facilities at least once per day.

If you wanted to work them say twice per day.... when you have stopped working friends facilities, you must also have an 8 hour break from working ALL friends facilities, no matter whose they are!

Example:
IF at Noon/Midday you stop working ALL friends facilities and take a minimum 8 hour break where you do NOT work any facilities at all for any of your friends.
After 8pm you will be able to work ALL your friends facilities, including the ones you worked before Noon.
NOTE: If you are only one second too early this will not work!!!

There is a countdown timer that resets to 8 hours each time you work facilities. There is one for Regular Facilities and another one for Service Facilities.

To help you with this, there is a tool in your toolbox called Show Times (looks like a clock). Click on it and then Look in the Gamewide section. Toward the bottom are the timers for Facilities.

Always reload your game before you want to rework facilities and check the Show Times!

If you want to be 100% sure that you have had a long enough gap between working each type facilities make sure that before you work any at all for any friend, that you check that you have a green check mark for Rework Facilities and Rework Service Facilties. Then, and only then, can you rework the facilities.

If there are no green check marks showing you are too soon to start working them and need to wait longer. The time showing will help you know when that will be,, you can mouseover the times to see more informtaion, but always check for those green check marks.
Thanks, Taz. I guess my timing is different today.
Old Oct 02 2023, 04:44 AM

This isn't an issue, but can't see anywhere to ask? When requesting help for facilities, is there anyway to:
1. Select/deselect all
2. Remove request from wall
Old Oct 02 2023, 05:05 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by piscesfem View Post
This isn't an issue, but can't see anywhere to ask? When requesting help for facilities, is there anyway to:
1. Select/deselect all
2. Remove request from wall
Hi piscesfem,

No you can not remove your posts from showing up in the Facility Wall Requests page.

What happens on that wall is that you ONLY see the most recent Facility Requests by a specific farmer. Any older Facility Requests that may have been posted by them earlier in the day, are automatically removed when they post new facility requests.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Oct 02 2023, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
Hi piscesfem,

No you can not remove your posts from showing up in the Facility Wall Requests page.

What happens on that wall is that you ONLY see the most recent Facility Requests by a specific farmer. Any older Facility Requests that may have been posted by them earlier in the day, are automatically removed when they post new facility requests.
Aww ok, thanx for quick response

Tags
can't post, can't work facs, can't work services, facility wall requests, news feed, other wall requests, posts not showing, wall requests