Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old May 12 2011, 02:29 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYVNMC View Post
How do you use for the forklift to store your facilities at one time

Just to be clear. It does not do all facilities with one click, but does each individual faclity with one click for each facility.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old May 15 2011, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYVNMC View Post
How do you use for the forklift to store your facilities at one time
Well my farm is at 31 hours again, then sign back in goes to 24, signed in again went to 35.. If I knew how to copy the screen to here I would. Mine are in hours not in minutes
Old May 16 2011, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuk View Post
Just a thought, but most have no idea how the new combine tools works, (fact that in order for it to be used you must hire the person multiple)
I find myself spending more time explaining this over and over. it's very frustrating to accept a regular hire for harvest, then when I'm almost done, they come back and send a request for plow. That's all wonderful, but I could have done it all in one click if hired correctly to start with. The other scenario is they hire regular for harvest, and I ask them if they want me to plow, they say yes, then I have to request they rehire with the multiple hire. Some have even got angry with me because they hired me with the regular hire, I start harvesting and they state "I though you had the combine", when I explain they need to hire multi for me to use it, they argue I'm wrong!
Would it be possible to put it out there on the signs when you get to FT like you advertise everything else? People who don't have the tool have no idea. OR better still, allow it to be used on all hires for crops.
Just a few thoughts..........
I have experienced this also. I have found that it takes longer to explain, wait for the rehire, etc than to just go ahead and harvest then plow. It is frustrating to have the tool and not get to use it but I do believe things are getting better.
Old May 17 2011, 05:46 PM

I was told off good and propper when a person who hired me complained that I didn't have a combine. I told him that I did have one, and explained how he would have to hire me to use it properly. He abused me and told me I was 'a nut job' and I wasn't going to hang around on his farm just for a harvest job. It's not worth it with the amount of explaining that has to be done for people who don't have one and have no idea how it is used. I love it though for myself and my neighbours.
Old May 17 2011, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenJS22 View Post
I was told off good and propper when a person who hired me complained that I didn't have a combine. I told him that I did have one, and explained how he would have to hire me to use it properly. He abused me and told me I was 'a nut job' and I wasn't going to hang around on his farm just for a harvest job. It's not worth it with the amount of explaining that has to be done for people who don't have one and have no idea how it is used. I love it though for myself and my neighbours.
Just think how silly he's going to feel when he finds out you were right....

Visit my farm!
The Rainbow Connection
Old May 17 2011, 11:22 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy pants View Post
OMG I love your boat Happy!!! Must be the Bluenose.
Old May 18 2011, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eradani View Post
OMG I love your boat Happy!!! Must be the Bluenose.
Thank you; to me it's the Silvergirl.....

Visit my farm!
The Rainbow Connection
Old May 18 2011, 10:14 AM

Thumbs down Losing coins when harvesting

I have the 5X5 combo harvester plower and I have found that when I harvest myself, instead of gaining coins, I lose coins. The game is NOT giving me credit for what I harvest. Major glitch as far as I'm concerned. We harvest to make money, not lose money.
Old May 18 2011, 10:37 AM

Thumbs down 5X5 combo tool sucks

OK programers, fix this ****ed tool. No matter if I harvest OR I hire someone to harvest using the multi tool, I lose coins instead of gaining coins. Why farm? You plant and it cost money with the hopes of gaining coinage when you harvest, but now I lose both ways. This needs to be addressed NOW.
Old May 18 2011, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAF Flyboy View Post
I have the 5X5 combo harvester plower and I have found that when I harvest myself, instead of gaining coins, I lose coins. The game is NOT giving me credit for what I harvest. Major glitch as far as I'm concerned. We harvest to make money, not lose money.
When you harvest yourself, the product, not the money goes into your inventory. You only get the money when you sell it at the market, or when you convert it to a product in a facility.

You "lose" coins because you are charged for plowing, more than what you would pay to another farmer for the same plow job.

Is it worth it to hire out?

Yes because

1] if you are going to just sell the crop, it is worth more if someone else harvests it.

2] if you hire out to plow, you save coin because it costs you less to hire than to do it yourself.

No because

1] you can do it quicker and NOW if you do it yourself

2] you avoid the "hassel" that comes with some hired help