Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Dec 23 2009, 12:59 AM

Default New Release -- December 22nd, 2009 - UPDATE

Hi There,

We have been monitoring you feedback and most likely we will be reverting to the old version early tomorrow and try to find a better compromise.

One of the alternatives that we considered was to only allow one worker harvesting and one worker plowing on your farm at the same time. This was also suggested by several other users on the other thread, however we thought that was going to be even more problematic.

Please provide some feedback about this other alternative on this thread, or if you rather prefer the way it was before, unlimited hiring, faster work but more potential for collisions and lost coins/XP.

thanks

--Raul
Old Dec 23 2009, 01:03 AM

Default don't mind

Well!
I have been playing the game for about six months and feel that it is great.
One thing I have noticed is that everytime you guys improve things for people others get unreasonably( I feel and I am sorry) upset. As the saying goes you can't please everyone all the time.
People should just accept that it is a game, go with the flow and accept the challenges each change brings.

Personally I quite like the new way - as you say it has removed the stamped for crops.

Have a great holiday

PS. I would like to be able to buy a holiday pig though!!!
Old Dec 23 2009, 01:06 AM

Thank you so much for going back to old version. I prefer the was it was before, unlimited hiring, faster work. As far as potential for collisions, it is worse on this new version since everyone lands in the middle and tries to work in the same area. Personally, I never saw myself lose coins, as they would always show up as I left the job. Thank you for listening.
Old Dec 23 2009, 01:12 AM

THANK GOD!!!!
the original way was better. Please do the limited hiring practice as this will reduce the collision issue.
If you have to recode things for it to be done, please reset the game back to the way it was until you have the new code done that limits how many people you can hire.

Thanks again for listening to your valued players and keep up the great work on the game.
Old Dec 23 2009, 01:15 AM
Account Not Linked

Ha!! Just signed up so I could have my rant about the various issues I have had with the update.....seems I no longer have to rant.

THANK YOU so much for reverting back tomorrow :-) Merry Christmas to you all!! Apart from this slightly dodgy update, thanks to the Devs for such a fantastic game, and thanks to the Mods for keeping these forums in line. (I have been lurking and reading in here for months).

I would prefer the way it was, nevermind the random xp / coin loss.....granted I do only hire one person to plow and plant most times...sometimes if I am in a rush I will hire a few to do my farm :-)

Whatever you choose is fine by me now that I know Dec 22 Update isn't hanging around too much longer.

Woooooh!!!

She-Wolf Clan #41

FARMING SINCE MAY 1st 2009

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=569242917
Old Dec 23 2009, 01:16 AM

Thumbs up

Thank you!!!!!

I never had prolems with the old way, loved it. I never lost points or coins, tonight was the first time that happened.

I like the idea of limiting the number of people you can hire, as long as there's some way to monitor when they leave, because normally i'll hire someone, then stick around in the marketplace looking for jobs, so it would be nice to get a msg pop-up or something letting you know they've left, so that your crops don't go to waste, or so you can hire someone else to finish...

THANK YOU for going back to the old way!!!!
Account Not Linked

I rarely heard complaints before these changes where made. I have had nothing but frustration tonight while trying to play. As someone else stated everyone is still hiring mulitple people and everyone is trying to stay close to where they are standing to work so here we are all fighting over a little screen place at a time. Before we could quickly move to different areas and work together. I just prefer the old way better as everyone was in a good mood and happy to be playing the game. I do understand updating systems and making play better but have learned to many changes at one time makes for trouble as today has been. Thank you for converting back to the old system.
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I like it the way it was. You can choose yourself how many people you want to hire. Please go back to the old farmtown. I really love that game.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 23 2009, 01:17 AM

I'm glad you'll be reverting back. One reason I like this game over others is that the graphics are more mature. The 12/22 change seemed to make the game more juvenile ... especially the harvesting tool being so huge. It is absolutely too slow, and all of my friends had the same complaint without realizing what had happened. (We hadn't been to the forum yet.)

I think being limited to hiring just a single worker is equally bad. Sometimes a couple of my friends get together on someone's farm and chat away while working together. I have two large farms with enough work to support a couple of workers. I think the choice should be ours. If someone hired from the marketplace feels that there are too many workers on a farm, they have the option to leave. I dread the thought of only being able to hire one person, and equally dread the thought of another day of the game being so slow. All of the fun is gone. And I simply don't have an hour to sit and watch somebody harvest my farm, plot by plot by plot by plot by plot. It's like a toy with run-down batteries.

Many thanks for asking for feedback and for listening.

It's a Wonderful Life
No Imagination
Chapel in the Woods
William's Tudor
Wildwood Doo Wop
Frozen in Time

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=1362884000
Old Dec 23 2009, 01:22 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul View Post
Hi There,

We have been monitoring you feedback and most likely we will be reverting to the old version early tomorrow and try to find a better compromise.

One of the alternatives that we considered was to only allow one worker harvesting and one worker plowing on your farm at the same time. This was also suggested by several other users on the other thread, however we thought that was going to be even more problematic.

Please provide some feedback about this other alternative on this thread, or if you rather prefer the way it was before, unlimited hiring, faster work but more potential for collisions and lost coins/XP.

thanks

--Raul
Yes, 1 person harvesting/plowing is a good idea. Or the way it was before, but maybe add an option for the person hiring to either boot or warn by means of a strike anyone who gets out of line, like the people who just start clicking randomly where others are working in a straight line. 3 strikes, you're on the bench or reported or something, maybe even have it where it shows everyone else which people have gotten strikes so they can choose not to hire that person in the future. Or maybe set it up so wherever a person starts working, they can only work in a straght line till they collide with someone else, then they are finished. But this slow down that is happening now is just too slow. And for the people who just can't keep up or go as fast as others, well, they either need to upgrade their 10 year old pcs, or get a faster internet speed than dial up, or just simply practice to learn to click faster & more accurately than the more experienced people. Maybe there's a way to have different marketplaces for those with dial up, then they are all in their own room together and won't have conflicts with the vast majority of users on hi-speed connections.

Personally I like the idea of having only 1 person working at a time. Maybe you could share with us the reasons you think this would cause problems so we can put our heads together & come up with possible solutions or alternatives. Many heads are better than 1.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Closed Thread