Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 10 2022, 08:54 AM
Senior Moderator

Farm Town is back!

Please keep posts here to the current release. I know everybody is happy that it is back.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.

Last edited by Taz D; Dec 10 2022 at 08:58 AM.
Old Dec 10 2022, 09:18 AM

Phew, glad to see the game is back! Thanks for all the hard work Raul and the team have done to get us back to it. I've been playing for about an hour and I have been disconnected from the mainframe a couple of times, but it's no biggie.
Old Dec 10 2022, 10:39 AM

Doing the happy, happy dance! Thank you for all the hard work, updates and patience
Old Dec 10 2022, 11:32 AM

THANK YOU to the developers and you wonderful moderators on here. Your hard work and patience are greatly appreciated. I've loved this game for over a decade and hope to continue playing for years more to come. Less housework will get done now though.
Old Dec 10 2022, 02:48 PM

Thank you for getting farmtown back up and running but there is going to be any compensation for the time lost as this was the second time? All my crops were wasted. I had seven quests out of 8 finished for 2 fc that were too late. I have invested a lot of time and money in this game and refuse to put anymore money into it if it just disappears without a moment's notice without any compensation. You have made it very difficult to year fc, unlike in the past and so many facilities that were once free now require it.
Old Dec 10 2022, 02:55 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericanl51 View Post
Thank you for getting farmtown back up and running but there is going to be any compensation for the time lost as this was the second time? All my crops were wasted. I had seven quests out of 8 finished for 2 fc that were too late. I have invested a lot of time and money in this game and refuse to put anymore money into it if it just disappears without a moment's notice without any compensation. You have made it very difficult to year fc, unlike in the past and so many facilities that were once free now require it.
Hi ericanl,
It is up to the developers whether they offer any compensation. Please note that both times Farm Town was deactivated it was Facebook that did so and not the choice of the developers. There was no notice given by Facebook that they were going to do this.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 10 2022, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi ericanl,
It is up to the developers whether they offer any compensation. Please note that both times Farm Town was deactivated it was Facebook that did so and not the choice of the developers. There was no notice given by Facebook that they were going to do this.
No, there wasn't. Which does not at all matter, legally: whether a business has issues with third-party companies or contractors has no bearing on their obligations to their customers. If you paid for (say) Internet service from a local carrier, and their response to a prolonged outage was "Gosh, it wasn't our fault, but we're pocketing your monthly payment anyway," your response wouldn't be to shrug your shoulders and say "Oh, well, too bad for me then." You would demand a credit, you would be legally entitled to it, the company would be in hot water if they just ignored your protests, and you just might be in the market for a new Internet provider.
Old Dec 10 2022, 03:26 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenswing View Post
No, there wasn't. Which does not at all matter, legally: whether a business has issues with third-party companies or contractors has no bearing on their obligations to their customers. If you paid for (say) Internet service from a local carrier, and their response to a prolonged outage was "Gosh, it wasn't our fault, but we're pocketing your monthly payment anyway," your response wouldn't be to shrug your shoulders and say "Oh, well, too bad for me then." You would demand a credit, you would be legally entitled to it, the company would be in hot water if they just ignored your protests, and you just might be in the market for a new Internet provider.
Hi Ravenswing,
The difference is that the developers were not pocketing or earning any money while the game was down both times. Since no one was able to buy any farm cash during the shut down then there was no income and no monetary loss for you.
Your protestations were not ignored and they worked as fast as they could with Facebook to resolve the complaints from Facebook. Facebook is not quick in responding.

As I said any compensation will be up to the developers.
Old Dec 10 2022, 04:23 PM

Nice that every one is thanking you for solving the problems that you created but what about compensation for time and money real and farm cash many of us lost. And as an aside with farm pass who has 85000+ trees to chop in a month or 20 days as we have now or enough peacocks to harvest over 3000 in the next 20 days, how about making the monthly and daily goals attainable.
Old Dec 10 2022, 04:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fibberj View Post
Nice that every one is thanking you for solving the problems that you created but what about compensation for time and money real and farm cash many of us lost. And as an aside with farm pass who has 85000+ trees to chop in a month or 20 days as we have now or enough peacocks to harvest over 3000 in the next 20 days, how about making the monthly and daily goals attainable.
Hi Fibberj,
I moved your post to the current release thread since you are asking about compensation.
It is up to the developers what if any compensation for your virtual losses you have incurred. As for real money, I am not sure what loss you have had for that as no one could buy farm cash during the time the game was down.

If you wish to make a suggestion for the Farm Pass please post that in the Suggestions section where the developers will see them organized by subject.
Closed Thread