Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Oct 06 2014, 10:35 PM
Account Not Linked

While the upgrades are not sequential in price,the cost is in fact not ridiculous.You also do NOT need to use FC to pay for them.If the land upgrades were really cheap,everyone would have 23 fully upgraded farms and trillions of coins complaining how boring the game is.Gaining 1-5 billion coins a week is not hard,nor is running 10,15,or 20 farms.
Old Oct 06 2014, 10:42 PM

I agree also that the price of upgrades is ridiculous, 30 billion coins for a 2 inch increase is way to many, this is farm town not Manhattan or Beverly Hills

Please consider reducing the price so all players will have an equal chance to upgrade
Old Oct 06 2014, 10:47 PM

I also agree it's ridiculous. I recall it being said on this forum somewhere that they have the prices so high to discourage us from upgrading because the larger the farm the more stuff on it and the more it slows down the servers and the game. If that is the case then instead of charging an outlandish amount of coins to upgrade just stop adding upgrades.

Last edited by ccheney; Oct 06 2014 at 11:16 PM.
Old Oct 06 2014, 11:01 PM

A child doesn't have to be playing the game to be exposed to this creep. All they need to be doing is sitting with a parent and watching them play and then mom has to explain why she is being asked about her bust size or some other off color remark that popped up on the screen.

I got an in game message from what sounds like the same person the OP described. It was pretty much the same questions. I did not respond to it. I tried to catch him at his farm but even though it shows he is online he is never there and his farm is only a beginners farm.Level 2-3 maybe and very little on it which shows he came on FT to harass women not play the game.
Old Oct 07 2014, 11:22 AM

If they are already on my farm working, it's dangerous to just ignore them, because then they are still there, but you can't see them. That's why I have different ways of responding in different situations. But it hasn't happened in a while, and I stopped hiring out anyhow. My main reason when I came back to Facebook and Farm Town was to work other people's farms, my farms aren't fancy, and I decided it wasn't worth it to have other people on it, no matter how much people whine in the Marketplace they need jobs, because of the difficult people.

And I've seen teens on, on the weekends, using their parents' farms, their parents use it as a form of babysitting -- to keep the kids out of their hair, they go into their Farm Town and tell the kid, here you play my game for a while. I haven't met anyone younger than 13 (from what they have told me), but I've been in the Marketplace when people start having "adult" conversations and not only do the rest of us adults not want to hear it and feel it's inappropriate for a game, but some have spoken up and said, "I'm only 16, please stop." Unfortunately, some people just don't understand that the Marketplace is a public space, as if you're in a real market, and to act accordingly. I'm 49 and don't want to hear the "adult" stuff. It's not farming. But parents let their kids use their accounts, or at least 2x I've met kids who got into their parents' Farm Town games out of boredom without asking. I've chided them, but they aren't my kids, and you can't be sure if they are actually children, they might be undercover cops trying to see if you'll hit on kids. At least that's the way I approach it. In any event, I play each situation as it's faced to me, you can't just respond by ignoring people all the time because then you don't know where they are, and you might need to.
Old Oct 07 2014, 11:26 AM

Oh ok - I read the first sentence of items, if it doesn't mean anything to me, I go on. I don't read things word for word if they don't pertain to me, it's wasted time. Learned that from the huge amount of reading I had to do for college and grad school. Just curious the dot might have had some significance about playing the game for the rest of us.
Old Oct 07 2014, 11:38 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerKBW View Post
If they are already on my farm working, it's dangerous to just ignore them, because then they are still there, but you can't see them. That's why I have different ways of responding in different situations. But it hasn't happened in a while, and I stopped hiring out anyhow. My main reason when I came back to Facebook and Farm Town was to work other people's farms, my farms aren't fancy, and I decided it wasn't worth it to have other people on it, no matter how much people whine in the Marketplace they need jobs, because of the difficult people.

And I've seen teens on, on the weekends, using their parents' farms, their parents use it as a form of babysitting -- to keep the kids out of their hair, they go into their Farm Town and tell the kid, here you play my game for a while. I haven't met anyone younger than 13 (from what they have told me), but I've been in the Marketplace when people start having "adult" conversations and not only do the rest of us adults not want to hear it and feel it's inappropriate for a game, but some have spoken up and said, "I'm only 16, please stop." Unfortunately, some people just don't understand that the Marketplace is a public space, as if you're in a real market, and to act accordingly. I'm 49 and don't want to hear the "adult" stuff. It's not farming. But parents let their kids use their accounts, or at least 2x I've met kids who got into their parents' Farm Town games out of boredom without asking. I've chided them, but they aren't my kids, and you can't be sure if they are actually children, they might be undercover cops trying to see if you'll hit on kids. At least that's the way I approach it. In any event, I play each situation as it's faced to me, you can't just respond by ignoring people all the time because then you don't know where they are, and you might need to.
If what they are saying is sexual in nature then by all means report them and tell others to report them. The more reports they have on the individual then the sooner they get booted out of the game. If you are getting in game messages then do not respond to them and eventually they will lose the capability of sending those messages as well as being able to go to your farm.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Oct 07 2014, 11:53 AM

Reporting is the problem because they disappear from the marketplace before you can click on them to report them.
Old Oct 07 2014, 11:58 AM
Senior Moderator

Just a reminder to keep posts here on the subject of the thread. Attacks on individuals or sarcastic posts deriding the individuals or subject will be removed imediately. Post your honest opinion about the subject, but keep them civil and not directed at any individuals.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Oct 07 2014, 05:27 PM

Is there anyway to combine the requests to neighbours for help with facilities/services?
Its a bit of a pain having to load a farm twice to help out....
Closed Thread

Tags
neighbors, storage capacity