Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jan 01 2013, 01:32 PM

Default 'Save icon' where is it?

I've been reading replies associated with the new bonus feature and suggestions were made to click on 'save icon' before collecting bonus and moving off current farm. But I don't know where this icon is? Can anyone help please.

PS wondering when the bonus gliches will be sorted out. I've worked a lot of farms and have been unable to collect as the message says I need to finish work but the work is complete.
Old Jan 01 2013, 01:36 PM

[quote=Sheepy47;5393150]I've been reading replies associated with the new bonus feature and suggestions were made to click on 'save icon' before collecting bonus and moving off current farm. But I don't know where this icon is? Can anyone help please.

I think they are referring to the old floppy disk symbol at the top of the farm screen. It is the first one to the right of the farm name.

I've not attempted to collect any bonus yet - so I may be wrong - if so I am sure someone will set the record straight.
Old Jan 01 2013, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregh View Post
I just tried this - froze a ripe flower, then hired someone to do flowers. When they got to the frozen flower, of course they couldn't harvest it and couldn't claim the bonus, so I came over and unfroze the flower. They again tried to harvest it and this time got the odd message "this flower was not harvested in time and has gone to waste".

They then reloaded the current farm by clicking on the yellow diamond in the farm selector. The flower now showed dimmed out to them - and they were able to collect their bonus.

So...

If you encounter frozen flowers that prevent you claiming a bonus, you can try this:

1. ask the farmer to unfreeze them for you; then
2. when/if they do, try to harvest the unfrozen flowers, and
3. after that, reload the farm using the farm selector.

This method does depend on the farmer being willing to unfreeze the flowers. It's a workaround, not a solution.

(It's possible that other techniques will also work - this is just one that I have tested myself and which worked for me. I can't guarantee that it will work in all cases.)
Sad that peeps won't get their bonuses if flowers are frozen, but I for one, don't want to unfreeze those I purposely froze. I have some flower ART on my farm and don't want them harvested, but the other flowers can be. Maybe the devs will be able to work out the issue on their end.
Old Jan 01 2013, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan View Post
I LOVE the chest bonuses! But we shouldn't have to work so hard to get 'em. Work hard for the farmer who hired us, yes. But the farmer shouldn't have to follow us to the farm to hide any semis, oil rigs or other tools that might have things hiding behind them - and we shouldn't have to worry about frozen flowers or trees planted so close together you can't possibly fine the exact one that's still ripe. Instead, how about a "Show me what I missed" button the employee can use? That could make everything that's non-harvestable on the farm totally disappear (not just be dimmed). That would include tools. And maybe even the background color of the farm should be changed to white because I know some of my flowers are hard to see on the sandy colored background of one of my farms. And we need an exception for frozen flowers - shouldn't be penalized for not harvesting those. There. Did that cover all that we need?

Oh no, wait! I have one other thing on my wish list: I think neighbors should be able to claim the chest, too. I understand about trying to encourage us to hire newer folks - and I like to do that and am all for it. But just now, someone hired me from the Marketplace and I didn't see any chests to work for and my thought was, "@#%$(^@! Must be a neighbor of mine! I don't want to work for neighbors!" Whoaaaaa . . . THAT'S certainly not a neighborly way to feel! Well, heck. I honestly don't know what to do about this part of my request because I do understand about wanting to encourage hiring strangers. I just think it can create bad ju-ju among neighbors, which isn't a good thing.
All the worker has to do is use their 'dim' feature and everything becomes hidden/dimmed except the crops ready to be worked

Bet someone else has already responded to this LOL
Old Jan 01 2013, 03:31 PM

Here is another issue with the bonuses. I went to a farm that has raspberries ready, but only about 90% of them were ready and I didn't notice (farmer did not wait until everything ready before hiring - he just assumed they would be ready by the time he got somebody). Anyway, I was hired to H/P and fish (there were large oceans and boated lakes along with some other stuff) and I was also hired to do trees, both regular and chop. Anyway, I did everything and it took a ridiculous amount of time. Of course, during this time, the last remaining crops were ready, yet I couldn't refresh to get them. I lost a HUGE bonus of salmon and cod, which are about the 2 most sought after items, at least for me. This is wrong - if the crops are not ready when you arrive at a farm, they should not be taken into consideration for the whole time you are there. As it stands now, I have to look at every single crop to see whether or not it will come due anytime soon, (and some people do quest farms with lots and lots of crops on each farm).
Old Jan 01 2013, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik Merlin View Post
All the worker has to do is use their 'dim' feature and everything becomes hidden/dimmed except the crops ready to be worked

Bet someone else has already responded to this LOL
Well, I love the dim feature, but it isn't perfect. Someone doing my trees couldn't get the bonus cause they couldn't find the tree that was unharvested even though they were using the dim feature. My trees are set up for being harvested with a shaker. I came and looked for quite a while before I found this tree and the only reason I did was because I slowly moved the shaker over the entire field and when I moved it over it the pop up saying ready to harvest came up. Before finding it, I would have sworn all the trees were harvested and still am wondering if I accidentally placed a small tree among some bigger ones, so that it is hidden. I have them arranged by types, but that doesn't mean that there isn't a little one in with some bigger ones. I love the idea of a button to show me what still needs done just in case a problem like this arises.
Old Jan 01 2013, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynthiaSue View Post
Well, I love the dim feature, but it isn't perfect. Someone doing my trees couldn't get the bonus cause they couldn't find the tree that was unharvested even though they were using the dim feature. My trees are set up for being harvested with a shaker. I came and looked for quite a while before I found this tree and the only reason I did was because I slowly moved the shaker over the entire field and when I moved it over it the pop up saying ready to harvest came up. Before finding it, I would have sworn all the trees were harvested and still am wondering if I accidentally placed a small tree among some bigger ones, so that it is hidden. I have them arranged by types, but that doesn't mean that there isn't a little one in with some bigger ones. I love the idea of a button to show me what still needs done just in case a problem like this arises.
I too use the dim feature but quite often I find I have to put down say the shaker and click on the sickle for harvest.... its then I find the elusive tree.
Worth a go. Nothing to lose.
Old Jan 01 2013, 07:20 PM

do we know the exp numbers yet for the new 15 levels?
Old Jan 01 2013, 07:43 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOH View Post
do we know the exp numbers yet for the new 15 levels?
Yes. They are in the Game Guide in Chapter 26.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 02 2013, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynthiaSue View Post
Yeah, I agree. The dim feature helps but not enough now that we're all interested in claiming the bonuses. When stuff is all planted together it's too hard to see what's left in the middle of the clump.

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Closed Thread