Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Jun 09 2018, 10:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJones277 View Post
I hate to keep posting about this, but something has to be done about making this contest fair. Just a quick check and I find that one of my neighbors that has a team I'm competing against is on my team as well. That's unfair to her, that every time she accumulates points in goes to my team, too. Also, I'm on a neighbor's team that I'm competing against, so all my points go to her team as well. I know the devs are working on this, but enough is enough. They either need to suspend the contest until it's fixed or get some new rules.

Yes, I know the avatar names of most people I play FT with. I've also double checked with these people I mention to confirm what's going on this week.
Hi NJones,
You are only 1 part of her team as she is only 1 part of your team. So only the points you make (not your total team's points) go on her total as well as her points (not her team's points) go on your total. Those are only small parts of your totals.

The contest is not going to be suspended. You are grouped against teams that start out with the same number (or as close as can be) of facilities in the contest. If you are neighbors and competing against each other it is because there were not enough other teams with near the same amount of facilities. There is nothing they can do about this if there are not enough others for you to compete against. You have the option of not competing in the cointests by unchecking the box in your preferences for "Enable NCC"
Yes the developers are working on changing some of the way the points are accumulated, but that in not going to change who you are competing against due to the limited number of competitors that have the same amount of facilities as you do.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jun 09 2018, 11:02 PM

Taz,
I know how the contest works and the parameters of selecting the teams. One big problem is, you don't know how many facs the teams are going to buy after the rankings come out. It's usually a lot. Changes things quite a bit. I also know that I'm only one member of the team as is my neighbor. However, I have an individual score in the millions of points every week. Not a trivial amount. We're not getting a clear picture of competition with some people contributing to the same team. I love the contest, just wish, with the 2.5 million players that FT has, the game would be able to be more fair to everyone. Maybe not all the people are playing, and I'm sure the game has lost competitors when they see what's happening. And that's a shame. Just trying to assure the fairness. Don't need the lecture. That's not why I wrote to the forum. I only wanted to give you information that you may not have otherwise.
Old Jun 09 2018, 11:24 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJones277 View Post
Taz,
I know how the contest works and the parameters of selecting the teams. One big problem is, you don't know how many facs the teams are going to buy after the rankings come out. It's usually a lot. Changes things quite a bit. I also know that I'm only one member of the team as is my neighbor. However, I have an individual score in the millions of points every week. Not a trivial amount. We're not getting a clear picture of competition with some people contributing to the same team. I love the contest, just wish, with the 2.5 million players that FT has, the game would be able to be more fair to everyone. Maybe not all the people are playing, and I'm sure the game has lost competitors when they see what's happening. And that's a shame. Just trying to assure the fairness. Don't need the lecture. That's not why I wrote to the forum. I only wanted to give you information that you may not have otherwise.
Hi NJones,
I have moved these posts to the General Feedback discussion about the NCC as they are not about a specific problem such as a missing facility.

The NCC is as fair as they can make it as far as choosing the competing teams. There isn't any other way they can choose who competes against who. The changes they are working on if they can be done should balance out the competition some and give everyone a better chance to win.

Those who have a high amount of facilities and neighbors or an extremely low number of facilities and neighbors will tend to be competing against some of their neighbors on occasion. There just are not that many in those two groups to compete against. There isn't any way around that unless they allow a wider spread in total facilities and that caused problems in the beginning for unfair competition.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jun 19 2018, 10:29 AM

Is there any update on when the changes will happen in the NCC? The game updates were telling us they were coming... then stopped mentioning them completely (unless I missed something?). I own every FC facility, and multiples of coin facilities, and as others have already mentioned... I'm consistently at the very bottom of my contest. The winner generally has 3 times as many points as I do. But I realized early on that we have to make a choice about our friends and neighbors. I choose to remain neighbors with players who don't use their facilities as much as I do. I also realized that there is much more Farm Cash to earn by doing Quests (both kinds). I put my energy toward those, and regularly earn the FC I never earn from the NCC. In my personal opinion, I don't think the NCC can be fixed to be fair to all players... because the way it is now, the NCC is profitable for Slashkey as players buy more FC facilities to compete for the top. I don't have a problem with this. It's a smart business move, IMO. But I look forward to seeing what Raul and his excellent team can come up with, because if there is a way to make the NCC more fair and still retain the financial profits for Slashkey, they will find it.
Old Jun 19 2018, 11:21 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caren Katsmom View Post
Is there any update on when the changes will happen in the NCC? The game updates were telling us they were coming... then stopped mentioning them completely (unless I missed something?). I own every FC facility, and multiples of coin facilities, and as others have already mentioned... I'm consistently at the very bottom of my contest. The winner generally has 3 times as many points as I do. But I realized early on that we have to make a choice about our friends and neighbors. I choose to remain neighbors with players who don't use their facilities as much as I do. I also realized that there is much more Farm Cash to earn by doing Quests (both kinds). I put my energy toward those, and regularly earn the FC I never earn from the NCC. In my personal opinion, I don't think the NCC can be fixed to be fair to all players... because the way it is now, the NCC is profitable for Slashkey as players buy more FC facilities to compete for the top. I don't have a problem with this. It's a smart business move, IMO. But I look forward to seeing what Raul and his excellent team can come up with, because if there is a way to make the NCC more fair and still retain the financial profits for Slashkey, they will find it.
Hi Caren,
We have not had any more word on this change. Apparently as it kept getting postponed they are having trouble implementing this.
Old Jul 31 2018, 08:06 AM
Account Not Linked

I am yet another one that cannot understand NCC. Supposed to be evenly balanced but other neighbourhoods have 56 more facilities than mine. Everyone needs neighbours but have found many only work their facilities once to enter contest and then depend on neighbours to do all the work. We cannot delete these neighbours as we need as many as possible. It is very frustrating. Think I will close NCC until some fairer system is worked out. Thanks for letting me have a rant.
Old Jul 31 2018, 02:55 PM

After this week is done I think i am going to stop playing. like others have said it is always the same people winning. The hightest I been is five. also I have notice you can be higher than someone then on last night they are now a head of me..
Old Aug 05 2018, 03:37 PM

Highest I have ever managed is 6th, I work hard at the NCC and work hard on my neighbours farms in order to try and improve my ranking but there's no chance when every week you're matched with impossible to beat rivals
Old Aug 15 2018, 12:21 PM

I have neighbors in this game who have 20 to 30 Farm Cash facilities Every Week. Do folks actually spend $100 a week on Farm Cash items?? They literally purchase every Neighborhood Chain contest. The rest of us who don't spend $100 a week on this game have no chance of winning the $2 FC ever!!
Old Aug 15 2018, 12:59 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffie1943 View Post
I have neighbors in this game who have 20 to 30 Farm Cash facilities Every Week. Do folks actually spend $100 a week on Farm Cash items?? They literally purchase every Neighborhood Chain contest. The rest of us who don't spend $100 a week on this game have no chance of winning the $2 FC ever!!
Hi Muffie1943,

I moved your post to general feedback so others can respond to you.

You will be competing against similar neighbourhoods to your own. Your neighbourhood consists of your facilites and your neighbours facilites, who are participating in the contest. You will start out with competing neighbourhoods similar to what yours has. However there is nothing stopping anyone from adding more facilities to their neighbourhood after the competing neighbourhoods are chosen.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.