Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jul 12 2012, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kataltay View Post
Pardon my confusion and lack of imagination, but, why does it take a train a whole 7 days to collect its goods, when it takes only a tiny fraction of the time for a semi, with or without the ordering station, to transport its goods?? Compare the speeds at which these modes of transportation travel, and across the same distance (farm to farm), and please then explain this 7 day (or an actual "week") journey. Does anyone else think this is an excessive and unnecessary length of time? :S
Hi, they both actually take 7 days top complete the collection of ordered goods, the only difference is you can collect the items already produced from the semi at any time.
Old Jul 12 2012, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kataltay View Post
Pardon my confusion and lack of imagination, but, why does it take a train a whole 7 days to collect its goods, when it takes only a tiny fraction of the time for a semi, with or without the ordering station, to transport its goods?? Compare the speeds at which these modes of transportation travel, and across the same distance (farm to farm), and please then explain this 7 day (or an actual "week") journey. Does anyone else think this is an excessive and unnecessary length of time? :S
It takes 7 days ...... for now......

Once the "BOOST" button is activated, it may be that others can either "work" the train, or we can add fuel to make it go faster..... or something else to speed up production.

I just need more chicken..... and more chicken... and then some more chicken. I seem to have plenty of everything else available no matter how often I post.

So if the semi trucks quadruple the chicken output, or if the "gift" chicken is raised to 200 (like bait), that would be great. Or perhaps a freight car with lots of cluckers on it.... and a processing plant to wring their little necks..
Old Jul 12 2012, 07:28 PM

Since this last update, I have had a terrible time trying to work my own farms. Everything is so slow. I am getting very bored and frustrated with this game. It takes forever to work facilities on neighbor's farms and now harvesting my own farms. I actually get sleepy trying to finish all the work. I bought all the latest tools to get things done quickly but it still takes hours. I have followed directions given to speed things up but it doesn't work. Please get things back to where they were before the update or i'm afraid i'm going to quit.
Old Jul 12 2012, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy Sandy View Post
Since this last update, I have had a terrible time trying to work my own farms. Everything is so slow. I am getting very bored and frustrated with this game. It takes forever to work facilities on neighbor's farms and now harvesting my own farms. I actually get sleepy trying to finish all the work. I bought all the latest tools to get things done quickly but it still takes hours. I have followed directions given to speed things up but it doesn't work. Please get things back to where they were before the update or i'm afraid i'm going to quit.
same here

I know we should expect a slowdown with expanded farms, but I have had all my farms expanded to the max for some time now. It would occasionally be somewhat slow... occasionally... but now it does take so much longer to combine my fields.

Old Jul 12 2012, 09:04 PM

I just noticed that it looks Farmtown needs to update its information that it puts on post about the game...

"Multiplayer Farming, Fishing and Factory game with 14 Farms, 330 Levels and 150 Factories, Restaurants and Service Facilities"

Old Jul 12 2012, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docperk View Post
I just noticed that it looks Farmtown needs to update its information that it puts on post about the game...

"Multiplayer Farming, Fishing and Factory game with 14 Farms, 330 Levels and 150 Factories, Restaurants and Service Facilities"

hehe.... did you not hear the news.... FT is now regressing and dropping one farm and removing 25 levels at a time at each release....

the devs figured that the players had nothing to complain about, so they decided to give them something.
Old Jul 13 2012, 04:44 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Mags View Post
Thanks so much for the great update Raul..I was away on holiday and found it waiting for me when I got home..
Quote:- Real people decorations (non animated) coming in the next release.
Yea!!...does a happy dance...You guys are awesome!!
LOL, maybe my baby buggy will have a mom pushing it soon!
Old Jul 14 2012, 10:52 AM

Sigh....

I broke down and bought the other three cars. My train unloaded fine and I tinkered with it's placement before I dispatched it. Now it is froze and I can't move it. Before today I could move it even tho it was dispatched. The developers wanted feedback according to the 4 am post this morning on the first page.
Old Jul 14 2012, 11:06 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy123456 View Post
Sigh....

I broke down and bought the other three cars. My train unloaded fine and I tinkered with it's placement before I dispatched it. Now it is froze and I can't move it. Before today I could move it even tho it was dispatched. The developers wanted feedback according to the 4 am post this morning on the first page.
Hi there,

Once you've dispatched the train, it should remain locked until it's returned and you've unloaded it. That's the only time you can move it. It shouldn't have let you move any of the connected freight cars before, the only thing i can think of is that either some of the freight cars were not connected to the already dispatched train or that it was part of the original problem which has now been fixed.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Jul 14 2012, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy123456 View Post
Sigh....

I've never been able to move my train once it was dispatched. It must have been a glitch.

---Jerry

Farmtown: Where everyone can play the way they want to play, and still enjoy a great game together!

My Quest Plot Farm
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...1897&farm_ix=2
Closed Thread