Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jun 13 2012, 08:24 PM

I've had this same problem for a few days now, it's driving me nuts, I've tried using different browsers, reloading the farm a dozen times a minute and all the usual stuff, but still wading through molasses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simera View Post
What the ??? is going on? To work on other neighbours farms is like trying to swim in melasses, and so is trying to seed om my own farms???This has been a real pain for the last 4 hours!
Old Jun 13 2012, 08:30 PM

I don't think it's because of the train being despatched Astradriver. Are you 100% positive there is nothing already on the space you want to put the fac coming out of storage on, ie a flower or tree that is hidden, it may not even look like it's on the space. You might have to move a few things out of the way for it to fit back in, especially if the orientation is different to how you had it originally.

Turn EVERYTHING on and then see if there's anything in the way. Or go to another farm where you have a large enough FREE space and see if it will come out of storage then, if it does then you'll know there's something in the way on the original farm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astradriver View Post
yea i have the space to move them back and its to same spot it was on before but when i try it tells me it cant be moved from storage to farm just now and to please try later, i think its because my train is dispatched.
Old Jun 13 2012, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simera View Post
What the ??? is going on? To work on other neighbours farms is like trying to swim in melasses, and so is trying to seed om my own farms???This has been a real pain for the last 4 hours!
I had the same problem earlier today. I read in the forum to try restarting my router and it worked. Everything is back up to speed now.
Old Jun 14 2012, 12:05 AM

My take on the train as it is right now:

1. The first Train Car brings the same amount as the Stone flour mill, the corn mill, and the ground coffee of the the coffee grinder in one week as the individual facilities would produce in one week. So, I can store or delete one of each, freeing up space on my farm.

2. The second Train Car brings the same amount of card stock and paper rolls, the most used items out of the paper mill in one week as the paper mill would produce. It also brings the same amount of the pigments as the ink factory will make in the same time. So again, I can store or remove two facilities, freeing up space on my farm.

3. The third Train Car brings the same amount of plastic granules, most used item, as the Petro Chemical Plant in a week. It brings the same amount in a week that the Rubber Factory, only item, will bring in a week. and it bring the same amount of flat glass and mirror glass, again the most used item from the glass factory. So again, I can store or remove three facilities and free up space on the farm.

Given that players are struggling to move up to or see the value in the added farm space from the multi-billion coin expansions, in the space of maybe 2 or 3 facilities, I can free up the space of 8 facilities.

If they were just giving them a good test drive in this release, to see that they work as expected, I think they took a good tact in the direction in which they started. Think of the space that could be freed up in multiple facilities by using the limited space of the train cars by the direction they would be going. Obviously none of our trains have come in yet, but once they do, I'll be freeing up some space for future facilities and additional planting or decorating space.

I hope that they do in deed provide cars for the items that everyone needs, which will vastly vary by player. In this release, I actually benefited by the cars the started with, since I was always running out of paper rolls, even with 14 paper mills, if I didn't work every neighbor's "work my facilities" post. If they release cars for milk, eggs, and wool, I won't need to add animal barns to farm 15 when it is released, again saving 3-5 times the space on that farm!

---Jerry

Farmtown: Where everyone can play the way they want to play, and still enjoy a great game together!

My Quest Plot Farm
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...1897&farm_ix=2
Old Jun 14 2012, 12:17 AM

Default Freight Train

Why are the long one door box car and the long container car locked? I have the facilities needed to put these on my farm...I'm confused...
Old Jun 14 2012, 12:17 AM

Go to preferences: Transparend Dispatched Train.
Old Jun 14 2012, 12:36 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggeragin View Post
Why are the long one door box car and the long container car locked? I have the facilities needed to put these on my farm...I'm confused...
Try reloading Farm Town and see if they are unlocked then.
Old Jun 14 2012, 12:38 AM

Reload your farm and they will be unlocked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggeragin View Post
Old Jun 14 2012, 02:05 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Doh clicked sell all non items again, there goes the Lemongrass and cashew. please lets have those new facilities so I dont keep doing this.
Love the trains and the potential of them, didn't at 1st but a bit of patience & understanding I now think they're great

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jun 14 2012, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcassemjr View Post
My take on the train as it is right now:

1. The first Train Car brings the same amount as the Stone flour mill, the corn mill, and the ground coffee of the the coffee grinder in one week as the individual facilities would produce in one week. So, I can store or delete one of each, freeing up space on my farm.

2. The second Train Car brings the same amount of card stock and paper rolls, the most used items out of the paper mill in one week as the paper mill would produce. It also brings the same amount of the pigments as the ink factory will make in the same time. So again, I can store or remove two facilities, freeing up space on my farm.

3. The third Train Car brings the same amount of plastic granules, most used item, as the Petro Chemical Plant in a week. It brings the same amount in a week that the Rubber Factory, only item, will bring in a week. and it bring the same amount of flat glass and mirror glass, again the most used item from the glass factory. So again, I can store or remove three facilities and free up space on the farm.

Given that players are struggling to move up to or see the value in the added farm space from the multi-billion coin expansions, in the space of maybe 2 or 3 facilities, I can free up the space of 8 facilities.

If they were just giving them a good test drive in this release, to see that they work as expected, I think they took a good tact in the direction in which they started. Think of the space that could be freed up in multiple facilities by using the limited space of the train cars by the direction they would be going. Obviously none of our trains have come in yet, but once they do, I'll be freeing up some space for future facilities and additional planting or decorating space.

I hope that they do in deed provide cars for the items that everyone needs, which will vastly vary by player. In this release, I actually benefited by the cars the started with, since I was always running out of paper rolls, even with 14 paper mills, if I didn't work every neighbor's "work my facilities" post. If they release cars for milk, eggs, and wool, I won't need to add animal barns to farm 15 when it is released, again saving 3-5 times the space on that farm!
Yeah! Not to mention the space from growing all the rubber trees for the rubber factory and the saving on Ethanol - another high use item. Its an alternative to obtain goods that are needed a lot of. (Ok maybe the Devs could have picked different products but its a start). I agree this is an experiment which has unlimited potential as far as I can see.
I run out of rubber sheets and paper rolls quite often also, the rest hardly ever but I am willing to sit tight and see what future releases will bring. This will ultimately (I think) save having multiple facilities on different farms.

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Closed Thread