Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jun 10 2012, 07:28 PM

I LOVE THE TRAINS!!!!

I am always out of Paper Rolls, and was looking forward to Farm 15 so I could add another Paper Mill. The Train is going to bring me the same amount of paper each week as another Paper mill on Farm 15, without the need to make the other items in the facility.

I'm glad they didn't start with Milk, Eggs, Wool, or Sugar. I have plenty of the FC animals in each animal barn that I never run out of those. I don't need any chicken or items from the Semi's, as I have 6 semi's that deliver everything I need. IF the train brings any of these, it would seem to me that I wasted my cash of the FC animals.

I do hope that they enable the neighbor help button soon, to speed up the train, and add additional cars.

---Jerry

Farmtown: Where everyone can play the way they want to play, and still enjoy a great game together!

My Quest Plot Farm
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...1897&farm_ix=2
Old Jun 10 2012, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyD View Post
just curious ... but i thought one of the things that sets Farm Town Apart from the other games on FB is that we can interact with other players.. wouldn't it defeat that purpose if you never have to leave your farms to work for others?? just saying.... don't beat me up for this ...
You would still be interacting with other players by working their farms. I am not suggesting to change that part of the game. What I was suggesting was when you go and work their services and facilities. They will still have to send a notice that they have services/facilities ready to work and you would still have to go to their farms to work them. But to make the working of them easier, I was suggesting is to come up with a way to work all the facilities and services on that farm faster. Now we can one click once we open the facility/service. Just take it one step further and have us be able to work all on that farm faster. I guess waiting for the freight train has caused me not to be clear with my thought this evening...

Farm Town addict since May, 2010

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...2282&farm_ix=0
Old Jun 10 2012, 07:33 PM

Default Seriously?

It was my understanding that this forum is to discuss the development of this game. The game has its frustrations for its players. What the heck do you do with those people whose only frustrations are actually aimed AT the other players? Everyone enjoys the game for different reasons and play differently. You CAN'T criticize someone for wanting to keep factories full or not playing the identical way that you do! This is not a forum to critique the players. Sorry, the developers don't have control over that!

I'm sorry, I have shelled out quite a bit of $ on this game and I expect to be able to put my input in so that hopefully the game stays amazing. Do NOT come at me saying that I am playing wrong because my strategies in the game don't match your own. This forum is NOT to force everyone to play by your own preference. Speak about the game, don't message me with ridiculous complaints that don't even make sense because personally I think your way is the stupidest way to play the game. I like my way, as I expect you all to like your way and I don't bother your game preferences... Its a GAME! Make the game better, not the people.... everyone plays just fine for themselves...they way they WANT to! That's the point of the game! Personalization!
Old Jun 10 2012, 07:37 PM

I just want to plant my lemon grass and trees before bed LOL
Old Jun 10 2012, 07:38 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyD View Post
just curious ... but i thought one of the things that sets Farm Town Apart from the other games on FB is that we can interact with other players.. wouldn't it defeat that purpose if you never have to leave your farms to work for others?? just saying.... don't beat me up for this ...
There is two things that I like Farm Town better than the other games on FB.

1. You can play as long as you want, unlike some of the games you can only play games as long as you have lives or hearts or whatever they use, then you have to wait for them to regenerate.
2. You don't have to beg other members for items to be able to continue to increase your game, I quit one game cause I needed an item to increase in level and asked many times for someone to send it to me and no one would.

I have put my facilities up for work but the couple of neighbors that I still have don't help me with mine, so I quit helping with theirs, which doesn't really bother me that much, cause when someone is doing my farms or harvesting and stuff they don't have time to chat anyway.
Old Jun 10 2012, 07:41 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer DeDe View Post
You would still be interacting with other players by working their farms. I am not suggesting to change that part of the game. What I was suggesting was when you go and work their services and facilities. They will still have to send a notice that they have services/facilities ready to work and you would still have to go to their farms to work them. But to make the working of them easier, I was suggesting is to come up with a way to work all the facilities and services on that farm faster. Now we can one click once we open the facility/service. Just take it one step further and have us be able to work all on that farm faster. I guess waiting for the freight train has caused me not to be clear with my thought this evening...
ahhh i got ya ... that does sound nice to be able to do...

GOD Bless The USA

Level 600, Farmer since June 2,2009

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

╰⊰⊹✿Dεsidεяαtα✿⊹⊱╮

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?f...00000233351452

(link below not mine)
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitt1962 View Post
There is two things that I like Farm Town better than the other games on FB.

1. You can play as long as you want, unlike some of the games you can only play games as long as you have lives or hearts or whatever they use, then you have to wait for them to regenerate.
2. You don't have to beg other members for items to be able to continue to increase your game, I quit one game cause I needed an item to increase in level and asked many times for someone to send it to me and no one would.

I have put my facilities up for work but the couple of neighbors that I still have don't help me with mine, so I quit helping with theirs, which doesn't really bother me that much, cause when someone is doing my farms or harvesting and stuff they don't have time to chat anyway.

EXACTLY! I feel the same way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvoyce View Post
It was my understanding that this forum is to discuss the development of this game. The game has its frustrations for its players. What the heck do you do with those people whose only frustrations are actually aimed AT the other players? Everyone enjoys the game for different reasons and play differently. You CAN'T criticize someone for wanting to keep factories full or not playing the identical way that you do! This is not a forum to critique the players. Sorry, the developers don't have control over that!

I'm sorry, I have shelled out quite a bit of $ on this game and I expect to be able to put my input in so that hopefully the game stays amazing. Do NOT come at me saying that I am playing wrong because my strategies in the game don't match your own. This forum is NOT to force everyone to play by your own preference. Speak about the game, don't message me with ridiculous complaints that don't even make sense because personally I think your way is the stupidest way to play the game. I like my way, as I expect you all to like your way and I don't bother your game preferences... Its a GAME! Make the game better, not the people.... everyone plays just fine for themselves...they way they WANT to! That's the point of the game! Personalization!
Umm..I think I'll sign off now. Looks like my suggestion is being taken way off the track I intended. Good night everyone and Happy Farming.

Farm Town addict since May, 2010

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...2282&farm_ix=0
Old Jun 10 2012, 07:45 PM

i was hoping the boxcars would have a list of products to choose from with a max amount the the car could hold. maybe 15 items per boxcar and different types of cars for different products, then we could order what we needed. So for instance a "freight car" would have paper rolls, canvas and the sheet metals and a couple other items in it and you could choose the products that get loaded on the car. if the car had a limit of 5000 units i could send it to get 2000 alum sheets, 2000 paper rolls and 1000 canvas and if we wanted to get more i could buy another freight car making the max 10,000 units. As it stands now i am horribly disappointed and when my train returns with my 168 paper rolls (a weeks production from a coin facility) it will be going into storage with the hope that one day it will be worth taking out again.

Last edited by matt88; Jun 10 2012 at 08:04 PM.
Old Jun 10 2012, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer DeDe View Post
Umm..I think I'll sign off now. Looks like my suggestion is being taken way off the track I intended. Good night everyone and Happy Farming.
Hun, it wasn't you. Someone sent me a private message.... You never said anything about the way people play. I was basically told that I play the game wrong. Completely untrue. I was simply pointing out that this isn't about the players, its strictly about the game in order to improve it.
Closed Thread